Xr 1000 update

Hello team duma any news on when we will get a new update for the xr1000 please. We have been waiting a very long time for the qos to be fixed (sliders not throttling bandwidth) pppoe user

we know its passed your testing . but how long do you think it will be till we can use it on this dead router iv had for over 2years. its useless without qos for gaming and its a gaming router lol....i mean im laughing but its not funny spending that much money on a router that is useless. just a straight answer would be nice. and im on the latest firmware still the internet drops out like 10 times a day and the bufferbloat sliders have no effect  on throttling your bandwidth and that just to name a couple of things wrong with its firmware. 

• Administrators

It's entirely dependent on how long their testing process takes, I couldn't say, in the meantime I would recommend you have your ISP router handle PPPoE so QoS can work correctly on the router. When you get a disconnect grab the log from the System Information page and post it here please.

Hate to be negative here but I would be shocked if the sliders QOS will ever work with ppoe or ipv6. 

Google it, even since the OG netduma came out they had issues with it not working with ppoe or ipv6. 

I have a ppoe connection as well but I kind of gave up hope on it ever working. There are  plus two year old posts about this with it supposed to being fixed soon but here we are 2 years later. 

Also team duma I read a post from awhile ago where you say that when this firmware is ready that you'll release it to us and we won't have to wait for Netgears testing cause you'll just put it on there forum as a beta... So can I have a dm with this new firmware plz to see if it help my situation. 

XSXS if that is the case and it will never work with ppoe and ipv6 connections it should state this on the box so people like us don't go out and waste hundreds on a router that's no good to us. But it doesn't state that on the box and we have been promised it would be fixed in the very first update release. And here we are 2 years later on the xr1000 and 5 years later on the xr500.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, John213 said:

As a user of Netgear and Netduma routers I want also to ask, has this known problem with ppoe/vlan been resolved and fix will be in next update?

As far as I am aware yes it should be working for PPPoE, I'll need to see where the team are at when they're back

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last few months, there were supply issues with the XR1000, meaning we had to quickly prepare new firmware for a slightly-modified hardware version. Now that's tested, we're expecting to receive and start testing an XR1000 firmware for current units (I.e the one you have ) within the next couple of weeks.

So the old firmware that had been tested and was awaiting NG testing and we waited for over a year (probably longer for some people) that was promised to have the features in that the community wanted is now no longer and a new firmware is in testing?... So, in essence, are you saying we're back at square 1?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, ConnorWJH said:

So the old firmware that had been tested and was awaiting NG testing and we waited for over a year (probably longer for some people) that was promised to have the features in that the community wanted is now no longer and a new firmware is in testing?... So, in essence, are you saying we're back at square 1?

No not at all, that will all still be coming in the next version

Why can't we get the firmware you've just put on the new xr1000's that are going out.....I assume the qos works properly for the pppoe users in that firmware. 🤔

1 hour ago, tduma said:

Why can't we get the firmware you've just put on the new xr1000's that are going out.....I assume the qos works properly for the pppoe users in that firmware. 🤔

That's what we're doing, it's not just a case of giving you the same file due to the aforementioned hardware change.

1 hour ago, tduma said:

What is the the slight hardware changes 🤔 are the new xr1000's better or worse now what hardware was changed 🤔

It's negligible, the hardware affected is now replaced with an equivalent as far as I'm aware.

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's what we're doing, it's not just a case of giving you the same file due to the aforementioned hardware change.

It's negligible, the hardware affected is now replaced with an equivalent as far as I'm aware.

Why would anybody change hardware on the same model that requires different firmware? And how does it make it a "negligible?