Xr 1000 update

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

Why would anybody change hardware on the same model that requires different firmware? And how does it make it a "negligible?

I believe it was due to a chip shortage and so the chip had to be changed - an equivalent chip was used but as the chip changed that meant changes needed to be made to the software to work with the different chip.

So the firmware that was on the progress page that you lead us to believe was coming to us current owners... Was actually not for us and we still have to wait for you to now start building one for us...wow 

10 hours ago, tduma said:

So the firmware that was on the progress page that you lead us to believe was coming to us current owners... Was actually not for us and we still have to wait for you to now start building one for us...wow 

The firmware that was mentioned on the firmware progress page was for you, but was not released presumably due to issues found in NETGEAR testing. That's unrelated.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe it was due to a chip shortage and so the chip had to be changed - an equivalent chip was used but as the chip changed that meant changes needed to be made to the software to work with the different chip.

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The firmware that was mentioned on the firmware progress page was for you, but was not released presumably due to issues found in NETGEAR testing. That's unrelated.

So...why it was so much easer to write a new firmware for a router with a new chip and to pass Netgear testing than it is for existing router with already so many firmwares behind?

11 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

So...why it was so much easer to write a new firmware for a router with a new chip and to pass Netgear testing than it is for existing router with already so many firmwares behind?

It wasn't, and as far as I'm aware they're still testing it. In the mean time we're getting to work on porting over all the stuff we fixed in that version for the slightly different hardware to the original version.

3 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

Obviously they pushed new firmware to the routers they're selling 'cause those bring them money. Supporting existing ones would be secondary priority.

That's bad business ,  no company just wants to sell you one router or anything for that matter and that's it. They want you to keep buying their products. 

I'm guessing is ppoe and ipv6 still doesn't work with qos. 

Are they working on a fix for this ? Also strange thing when I use the geo filter, it tries to connect me to Australia, but then when I disabled geo filter, it connects me to my closest normal server . This duma acts up. But disappointed I paid 300 for this .

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, W4R said:

Are they working on a fix for this ? Also strange thing when I use the geo filter, it tries to connect me to Australia, but then when I disabled geo filter, it connects me to my closest normal server . This duma acts up. But disappointed I paid 300 for this .

I've responded in your topic, in there please also provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello...it says on the progress page that you are currently testing a firmware for the xr1000....does that mean there'll be a beta for us to try soon 🤔 and how long are we expected to wait plz.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, tduma said:

Hello...it says on the progress page that you are currently testing a firmware for the xr1000....does that mean there'll be a beta for us to try soon 🤔 and how long are we expected to wait plz.

It depends how well testing goes, it could go straight to a public release if we feel it is stable enough

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I just bought the XR1000 on Amazon. This thread has me wondering if it was wise lol

If you need to ppoe or vlan tagging, I would send it back. They are not able to get qos to work in over 2 years and I doubt that is going to change. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I just bought the XR1000 on Amazon. This thread has me wondering if it was wise lol

I think we're pretty close on an update, Amazon do have a good return policy so you could always return it before that expires if there isn't an update.

1 hour ago, tduma said:

You say your pretty close to an update!....how long roughly plz

We don't have an estimate on how long it will take, as it's still in testing. Each time we complete a test or request a new version we keep this article up-to-date, so you can follow progress here: https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tduma said:

Rough timeframe 🤔 a week, a month, 6 months. What we talking plz

LOL just buy an asus rog rapture router. Duma same old song and dance. Good intent but just can't deliver from day 1.