Xr 1000 update

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tduma said:

Liam have you sorted the issues with ppoe connections on the xr500 yet....what state is that firmware in at the moment plz 

I can add you to the XR500 beta if you like to give it a try, I think there is a bit of work still to be done on that but it's definitely getting there

On 2/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think we're pretty close on an update, Amazon do have a good return policy so you could always return it before that expires if there isn't an update.

I usually would rather not be that guy but this xr1000 has been more valuable to me offline since I bought it years ago.  And I do have an existing forum account but the password reset link is never sent so *shrug*

I really hope you guys do have a meaningful update coming...based on the experience so far I expect it in another year and a half.

I know you don't do release times etc, but hope its sooner rather than later. My internet cuts out at least once a day, everyday, and always seems to happen at the most innapropriate time and been happening for the last year or so. I know its xr1000 related cause I took it out and used my standard router from my isp and no issues for 2 weeks whilst I did not have the xr1000 connected. Unfortuantely I need to use the XR1000 for the geo filter otherwise it would be in a cupboard collecting dust.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, offline said:

I usually would rather not be that guy but this xr1000 has been more valuable to me offline since I bought it years ago.  And I do have an existing forum account but the password reset link is never sent so *shrug*

I really hope you guys do have a meaningful update coming...based on the experience so far I expect it in another year and a half.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, if you have any issues you only need to contact us and we'll do our best to help. Same if you're having any issues we can help with, reach out over email, social media etc and we could have manually approved your account. Do please make a topic if you want to troubleshoot with us. It will be a good update!

52 minutes ago, leeeroybiscuit said:

I know you don't do release times etc, but hope its sooner rather than later. My internet cuts out at least once a day, everyday, and always seems to happen at the most innapropriate time and been happening for the last year or so. I know its xr1000 related cause I took it out and used my standard router from my isp and no issues for 2 weeks whilst I did not have the xr1000 connected. Unfortuantely I need to use the XR1000 for the geo filter otherwise it would be in a cupboard collecting dust.

You didn't respond to the last post in your topic, if you want to continue there we're more than happy to help!

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, if you have any issues you only need to contact us and we'll do our best to help. Same if you're having any issues we can help with, reach out over email, social media etc and we could have manually approved your account. Do please make a topic if you want to troubleshoot with us. It will be a good update!

You didn't respond to the last post in your topic, if you want to continue there we're more than happy to help!

It's pointless, I mean that in the least child like, whiny way. There are clearly issues with your software / firmware. Lots of posts of people having the same issues, trying the same fixes and all having the same issues still. I have tried the manual assigning of the LAN i.p addresses that was suggested last time and it still doesn't matter. Like I said, I don't get drop outs until I introduce the xr1000. If you have to troubleshoot lots of issues just to get it to function, that is an issue with your product in itself. You will have lots of users who have little to no network experience so your product should be as much "plug n play" as possible really. I appreciate your guys responses to forum posts, can't complain in that regards. Unfortunately, there are clearly fundamental issues with your product and having a year, sometimes more in between firmware updates and fixes just frustrates your users and forces them elsewhere.

I understand certain things are out of your control and have to go through netgear but hopefully the new firmware is not too far away, until the next bug inevitably sends you guys back to the drawing board.  I know complaining does not make things work any quicker, but it's a £350 product that should work better / be more reliable than what it currently is.

• Administrators

@leeeroybiscuitI do understand what you're saying and certainly looking around the forum it does give the impression that the firmware has issues but it is a support forum so that is the only content you'll see and it does represent a small percentage of the owners of the routers. Did you disable DHCP as well to see if that resolved it? It is quite plug and play but even with products like that people will have issues - if they didn't I wouldn't have a job! 

I give up asking because all we get told is bs. Ment to be a firmware in december then got told it would January we're now in March and still can't even tell us how long. Like one of the other guys said if it wasn't for the geo filter it would be in the bin £350 and it's shite all routers are only as good as the firmware on it. And if it said it wouldn't work properly with pppoe connections on the box I wouldn't of even bought it. More transparency from you guys should be an absolute. But hey who cares once we've spent our cash.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:28 AM, tduma said:

XSXS what's the game play like using the rog tho m8.🤔 Is your in game ping stable hit reg ect not having geo filter...

It actually plays better, Had my best 10 game stretch using the ROG rapture Gtx6000.  I could only get about 850M download speeds with the Xr1000 and now I get 950M, my full bandwidth I am paying for.  The GUI is also 10 times faster.

TBH the geo filter would only work half the time for me.  I had it set for 20ms lobbies and would end up get 60ms lobbies all the time. match making is getting smarter with COD, not sure if the geo filter is a thing anymore.

4 minutes ago, tduma said:

I give up asking because all we get told is bs. Ment to be a firmware in december then got told it would January we're now in March and still can't even tell us how long. Like one of the other guys said if it wasn't for the geo filter it would be in the bin £350 and it's poopye all routers are only as good as the firmware on it. And if it said it wouldn't work properly with pppoe connections on the box I wouldn't of even bought it. More transparency from you guys should be an absolute. But hey who cares once we've spent our cash.

Kind of reminds me when they gave us the run around when the duma OS was released, then they announced we got a deal with Netgear, sorry R1 owners got a wait a few more months.  I would not be surprised that Netgear drops DUMA OS very soon/

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@leeeroybiscuitI do understand what you're saying and certainly looking around the forum it does give the impression that the firmware has issues but it is a support forum so that is the only content you'll see and it does represent a small percentage of the owners of the routers. Did you disable DHCP as well to see if that resolved it? It is quite plug and play but even with products like that people will have issues - if they didn't I wouldn't have a job! 

Internet cut out again, that is the log, internet cut out around the 20:31 / 20:32 mark

Any ideas @Netduma Fraser

Admin login] from source 192.168.1.4, Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:31:44
[UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.3, Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:31:32
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:29:00
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:26:55
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:24:50

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, leeeroybiscuit said:

Internet cut out again, that is the log, internet cut out around the 20:31 / 20:32 mark

Any ideas @Netduma Fraser

Admin login] from source 192.168.1.4, Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:31:44
[UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.3, Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:31:32
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:29:00
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:26:55
[DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Mar 13,2023 20:24:50

There is nothing in the logs there indicating a disconnect occurred or why it may have happened. If you could start a new topic with the full log I can look into it further.

I live in Holland. I have contacted the customer service of netgear in December 2022. I asked them when they will release the new firmware with Hybridvpn. They contacted me back . They told me that They are not planning to release a firmware with the Hybridvpn soon.

They told me that there will be a chance if a lot of people will ask for this feature.

So I am afraid that we can wait 1 more year. Maybe 2 years for this feature. It is ridicilous that we are waiting more than 2 years for the HybridVPN feature.

I hope a lot of people are thinking the same . I hope they will fix this soon.

Met foxit

• Administrators
1 hour ago, met foxit said:

I live in Holland. I have contacted the customer service of netgear in December 2022. I asked them when they will release the new firmware with Hybridvpn. They contacted me back . They told me that They are not planning to release a firmware with the Hybridvpn soon.

They told me that there will be a chance if a lot of people will ask for this feature.

So I am afraid that we can wait 1 more year. Maybe 2 years for this feature. It is ridicilous that we are waiting more than 2 years for the HybridVPN feature.

I hope a lot of people are thinking the same . I hope they will fix this soon.

Met foxit

That won't necessarily be the case, HybridVPN wasn't a feature on the XR1000 and isn't marketed as including it as far as I am aware so while I do get that it's a feature you want it's not something that needs to be fixed. There has been interest for the feature so we'll do what we can to get it on as quick as possible as long as NG give the green light.