Warzone 2.0 Geofilter - never finds a game

SwirlyWirley

Just got the XR1000, setup the geo filtering exactly as stated on numerous forum pages. When searching for matches in my targeted region i will never get into a match. Even targeting my closest warzone server (9ms ping) i end up getting into a 30-40 ms ping server. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

FYI warzone is being ran through steam if that matters

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page showing what you see when you get a higher ping server? It's likely you have Ping Assist on, if you want to force specific servers you'll need to set it to 0.

ping assist was set to 0.

Seems the Geo filter is working because im targeting EU servers for warzone. When searching for a match it searches pings between 70-100 (which is about right) problem is it will never get me in a match. I have tested this on West coast US servers as well and i never find a match (only get matches in my immediate region with geo filter off)

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely - from the System Tray as well
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 12/28/2022 at 8:57 AM, Xverso said:

same problem, nothing, i never see such a buggy software like netduma.

Thanks for your feedback, please make a new topic explaining your issues with screenshots preferably and what you've done and we can go from there.

On 12/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for your feedback, please make a new topic explaining your issues with screenshots preferably and what you've done and we can go from there.

the problem is, everything works for 1-2 games an then nothing, same settings, same device. its really frustrating

Still have not resolved this issue. I am geo filtering east coast US servers close to my location. Farthest was south east, I'm north east. I can drop the pin right on a server in Florida shown on the heat map for warzone 2. Set mileage to 250 miles and worked my way up to 800 miles. No matches found and when watching on the geo filter it doesn't show any servers blocked. Nothing is showing up on the map at all except a server in like europe

50 minutes ago, SwirlyWirley said:

Still have not resolved this issue. I am geo filtering east coast US servers close to my location. Farthest was south east, I'm north east. I can drop the pin right on a server in Florida shown on the heat map for warzone 2. Set mileage to 250 miles and worked my way up to 800 miles. No matches found and when watching on the geo filter it doesn't show any servers blocked. Nothing is showing up on the map at all except a server in like europe

before you open the game clear save game data profile and reserved space turn geo filter off shut down gaming device, unplug power cable from device, hold power button for 30 seconds, unplug all O.N.T.'s modems and routers from power source. after 2 min plug back in start everything back up. before you open / start the game make sure the geo filter is still off. start your game once you get to the lobby menu of the game to where you can press find game then turn your geo filter on, make sure the geo filter is set to 1250 miles then search for a game. once you find a game, back out make the circle 1000 miles, once you find a game back out make the circle 800 miles. every time you make the circle smaller. once you figure out the closest server to the time it takes to find a game then you know how big the circle can be and how long it will take to find a game at the geo location setting. it might take time to find a game but you will. i have my circle set to 400miles sometimes it takes up to 3 to 5 min but i end up with a in game 7 to 10 ping

do not have any vpn or other nonsense running when using geo filter

On 12/28/2022 at 12:57 AM, Xverso said:

same problem, nothing, i never see such a buggy software like netduma.

lol stop trolling, the actual API and programming involved in the duma OS is more advanced then any networking company on the market

I got almost 1000 wins in warzone (BIG MAP only) Proof is in the pudding: 👉 https://www.instagram.com/p/CkuLNAFJU6_/

• Administrators
10 hours ago, SwirlyWirley said:

Try the above but if that doesn't work can you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please?

18 hours ago, SwirlyWirley said:

Screenshot 2023-01-07 212520.png

Seriously? look how tight your geo filter is.lol

You have set your distance to a value outside of our recommended range of 500km - 3000km (311mi - 1864mi). If your range is less than 500km (311mi) you may struggle to find games. If your range is higher than 3000km (1864mi) you may not find the highest quality connections. Please adjust if you experience either of these issues.

I mentioned before in other post the duma router is not a device you can just open out the box and play. You need to be some what perceptive. My above post will fix your issue. GOOD LUCK

Lol, the only geofilter that works is over 2000 miles and it works because my actual region is within that span. I did exactly as you instructed. Your instructions do not help someone on steam. Those are troubleshooting for console. Additionally, the reason I have it set to a tighter region is I located an active server at the southern tip of Florida. My geo filter is set to the region of a friend who pings right to the southern Florida server. When he isn't on I am attempting to be able to play on his servers for warmup for wagers.

I believe I need to reset my router because this is definitely not a setting issue. I have followed every suggestion. In fact I used an external geo filter software that works immediately.

11 hours ago, SwirlyWirley said:

Lol, the only geofilter that works is over 2000 miles and it works because my actual region is within that span. I did exactly as you instructed. Your instructions do not help someone on steam. Those are troubleshooting for console. Additionally, the reason I have it set to a tighter region is I located an active server at the southern tip of Florida. My geo filter is set to the region of a friend who pings right to the southern Florida server. When he isn't on I am attempting to be able to play on his servers for warmup for wagers.

I believe I need to reset my router because this is definitely not a setting issue. I have followed every suggestion. In fact I used an external geo filter software that works immediately.

Are you enabling the Geo-Filter after the game has been booted up?

yes, game is booted up and at the start matchmaking screen at that point I enable the Geo-Filter. I was able to get connected to the Atlanta server last night, but never to the texas or Southern Florida servers. This was the first time i was able to get anywhere near my targeted server. I will attempt a full factory reset today and check back in with further details. 

For testing purposes i also attempted to connect to some EU servers with a 1500 mile radius. 30 min search time and no games found. I tested Solo, Duos, Trio and Quads with the same outcome. On the game it will show connecting, but then start to research for a game at 18ms ping and works its was up to over 100ms ping

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, SwirlyWirley said:

yes, game is booted up and at the start matchmaking screen at that point I enable the Geo-Filter. I was able to get connected to the Atlanta server last night, but never to the texas or Southern Florida servers. This was the first time i was able to get anywhere near my targeted server. I will attempt a full factory reset today and check back in with further details. 

For testing purposes i also attempted to connect to some EU servers with a 1500 mile radius. 30 min search time and no games found. I tested Solo, Duos, Trio and Quads with the same outcome. On the game it will show connecting, but then start to research for a game at 18ms ping and works its was up to over 100ms ping

You need to enable the Geo-Filter before you boot up the game - on boot up the game pings all servers and checks which ones you're able to connect to, without filtering it will assume you can connect to all.

20 hours ago, SwirlyWirley said:

Your instructions do not help someone on steam. Those are troubleshooting for console.

tell that to my pc 👍https://www.instagram.com/p/CblHwF8Ir0_/

when your geo filter is that tight you just need to wait for that server to re que i do the same thing for my Los Angeles local servers wait time is anywhere from 5 to maye the longest of 30/40 min

On 1/5/2023 at 9:16 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

once you figure out the closest server to the time it takes to find a game then you know how big the circle can be and how long it will take to find a game at the geo location setting. it might take time to find a game but you will