I have to restart my router every few games

Xverso

hey,

i have to restart my 'XR500 every few games because  i cant find any lobbies, the serach ping remains between 19 and 28 but nothing happen, even  when i turn off the Geo settings, everytime i have to restart the Router..  

netduma.jpg

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works more consistently.

i was playing solo,after i restarted the router and it worked again.  is there any difference between peer to peer and dedicated server? it feels like peer server are more responsive (better hit registration).

• Administrators

For CoD it's a server based game so the peers are very likely servers that are misclassified, in which case there won't be much difference. It could be they're appearing as peers because they're new servers which could explain why they perform better.

22 hours ago, Xverso said:

Hey,

devo riavviare il mio 'XR500 ogni pochi giochi perché non riesco a trovare lobby, il ping serach rimane tra 19 e 28 ma non succede nulla, anche quando spengo le impostazioni Geo, ogni volta devo riavviare il router..  

netduma.jpg

You have few servers inside that zone. Increase the radius of your geofilter and you will see that you will find lobbies more easily

i changed know the location, i dont want any german servers because the ping is higher and 99% peer Host, i set some "polygons" on the main better warzone servers but COD tries to connect everytime in germany .. xD

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what you see when searching for a game please?

you can see the screenshot i posted, i also tried via polygon ( uk spain and poland)  exactly 1 game and then searching for 3 hours. 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what you see when searching for a game please?

and the warzone, mw2 pings are still not working, since over a Week

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not a full screenshot so I can't see if there is anything else that may be affecting it. If you resync the cloud heatmap should work now.

GEO.png

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do a factory reset from the interface and wait 2 minutes before accessing, that should resolve both issues

thats not normal how many time i have to reset the router to make something working. that is not the way the things should work

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Neither should be a problem so it's an odd issue to solve, are you using the beta firmware or public release?

im using the public release, i just factory resetted the router and the ping heatmap still not working ...

On 1/5/2023 at 5:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you resync Heatmap again please, we've just made a change, does it work now?

the ping is working, but the game search is still not working, when i reset the router,everything is fine, but get the same problem after a 2-3 games