Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

SimplyChris

This video has been posted 2 days ago.
I've tried to follow it but there are some things that i don't see.
For example, i don't have the Modern Warfare 2 option in the Ping Heatmap.
Also by selecting any Call of Duty option, instead of the pings, it appears "N/A".

I have an XR500, firmware V2.3.2.134

What i'm trying to do is to find matches in the near server cause right now i'm finding matches with 80 or more ping.

4 minutes ago, SimplyChris said:

This video has been posted 2 days ago.
I've tried to follow it but there are some things that i don't see.
For example, i don't have the Modern Warfare 2 option in the Ping Heatmap.
Also by selecting any Call of Duty option, instead of the pings, it appears "N/A".

I have an XR500, firmware V2.3.2.134

What i'm trying to do is to find matches in the near server cause right now i'm finding matches with 80 or more ping.

If you are playing invasion or groundwar the game gets better after a couple of minutes. If you're just doing regular 6v6 and want the closest server can't you just put a circle around it in geo filter that way you will connect to the closest server.

If you want to see where the servers are on the main menu screen before accessing anything where it asks you to press x. This will then attempt to join you to servers while this is happening your geo filter page will show all servers in and out of range. 

See where the servers are and circle what you want

• Administrators

We need to do an update for Ping Heatmap, unfortunately it became outdated on the day, likely because of launch the servers are fluid and changing. We will do another update on Monday but you'll still be able to use the Geo-Filter to force the servers you want.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We need to do an update for Ping Heatmap, unfortunately it became outdated on the day, likely because of launch the servers are fluid and changing. We will do another update on Monday but you'll still be able to use the Geo-Filter to force the servers you want.

Okay i'll try it now, thank you.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:51 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have any news about the update to the Ping Heatmap?
Any update release?

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you resync the cloud it should be working now - hopefully it'll stay up for a little longer!

So i've resynced the cloud then i've selected MW2 and i found a server with 6 ms.
I'm in Italy and that ping is literally in the place where i live.

Next, in the Geo-Filter i've added the device first without turning on the Filter.
Then, i've set my home in the same place where there is the server and then i've set the distance to 111.

After doing all the setup, i've turned on the Filter and run the game.

Now, in the game i've searched a match. It tooked some minutes but after i found a match.
After getting into this match, i found that the latency was exactly the same before filtering, around 40/50 ms.

Is there something i've missed?

Also, all the settings in the game are set to low (i have followed this guide: How to Fix High Ping in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 | Netduma).

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you resync the cloud it should be working now - hopefully it'll stay up for a little longer!

I saw quite a few EU servers this evening but just been checking Ping Heatmap at 5am GMT, and the only server is in France.

Does this mean it’s no longer working correctly or are they disabling servers after a certain time?

As you can see, in the Ping Heatmap, it says that there is a server literally on the place where i live, that's why i've set the distance at the lowest possible.
But, when i search a match, it takes so long and then i get into a match with 40/50 ping.
What i think is that there is no server in Italy and the one that connects is in Amsterdam or Paris.
image.thumb.png.e7d3c47f36301dd15ffd0e4b0ac4ef34.png

11 hours ago, SimplyChris said:

As you can see, in the Ping Heatmap, it says that there is a server literally on the place where i live, that's why i've set the distance at the lowest possible.
But, when i search a match, it takes so long and then i get into a match with 40/50 ping.
What i think is that there is no server in Italy and the one that connects is in Amsterdam or Paris.

Where are you measuring the ping, are you looking in Geo-filter or are you checking in-game? How do the two results compare?

Are you seeing any servers in the Geo-filter map when you're playing a game?

11 hours ago, SimplyChris said:

image.thumb.png.e7d3c47f36301dd15ffd0e4b0ac4ef34.png

from what I know there are no Italian servers for mw2, it would seem that the only Italian server in Milan used x warzone and mw19 is used as an assist player for mw2, but you will always connect to servers outside Italy.  I'm almost 100% sure

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Where are you measuring the ping, are you looking in Geo-filter or are you checking in-game? How do the two results compare?

Are you seeing any servers in the Geo-filter map when you're playing a game?

When i search a match, i look both the searching and the Geo-Filter to know where the servers appear and in Italy there's nothing.
Then when i go into the match, i check the latency and i get 40/50 ms.

So, as Erik said, i think there is no server in Italy but they are in another place like Amsterdam or Paris.
The one that appear in the Ping Heatmap is not a real server of if is it, it's for another mode (maybe Warzone?)

48 minutes ago, SimplyChris said:

When i search a match, i look both the searching and the Geo-Filter to know where the servers appear and in Italy there's nothing.
Then when i go into the match, i check the latency and i get 40/50 ms.

So, as Erik said, i think there is no server in Italy but they are in another place like Amsterdam or Paris.
The one that appear in the Ping Heatmap is not a real server of if is it, it's for another mode (maybe Warzone?)

Do you see an icon appear on the geo-filter map when you finally get connected to a game? Where is it?

It's possible that it's just a Warzone server you're seeing, yes. The two datasets are very similar.