I had thought about it after getting the Archer ax11000 and being disappointed a bit. I thought Asus might have done it a bit better. Honestly it came down to netduma. After having this much control and power on the xr700 I wasn't willing to go back to a similar gaming router that was watered down. If the xr700 would have had an 8 antenna configuration with tri-band that didn't give you a full useless band (802.11ad) and have mesh capabilities - it would have been the perfect router for the era it was released.  I only use the xr700 as a router, the wifi is completely disabled on it. I have an older c5400x and the ax11000 both setup as hardwired APs with smart connect on and they cover my entire house and 1/4 acre yard with excellent signal. 

• 1 month later...

Wifi 7 for local file transfer why not but no interest on internet speeds lower than 1Gbps

I obtain speeds of 1.6Gbps in wifi 6 on my Isp router which is quite sufficient...

I have a difference of 2ms in wifi6 compared to ethernet. The guarantee of wifi7 is in fact based on better latency and better stability (MTU, puncturing and MLO) but it is still necessary to have wifi7 peripherals.

For information, in Europe we do not have the same frequency spectrum as in the United States on the 6Ghz band...

My ISP router uses wifi6E, the only difference with wifi6 is the 6Ghz bandwidth, the speeds and latency remain the same!

Wifi6 will remain a standard for a while yet, I think...

• 3 weeks later...

@Netduma FraserThis is just an advice for the next generation R3 design since I noticed that on the R2 it enclosed except in the bottom and therefore there isn't much ventilation unless it kept upside down and some users have had complaints do to were they live and temperatures affect there performance. So I'd recommend a design were there's airflow on the sides, back and top since most users just use the router the way it was design to be placed which is typically sitting down.

I know in certain areas this is going to be an issue regardless though it can be somewhat mitigated with better a designs for ventilation

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserThis is just an advice for the next generation R3 design since I noticed that on the R2 it enclosed except in the bottom and therefore there isn't much ventilation unless it kept upside down and some users have had complaints do to were they live and temperatures affect there performance. So I'd recommend a design were there's airflow on the sides, back and top since most users just use the router the way it was design to be placed which is typically sitting down.

I know in certain areas this is going to be an issue regardless though it can be somewhat mitigated with better a designs for ventilation

If we do one we'll certainly keep that in mind, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's very unlikely to be honest but thanks for the kind words!

Hi Fraser, when we expected new Netduma R3 ?

@PentolBest guess 2025/26 since there currently overhauling the UI so it going to take some time till it fully polished and ready for another iteration though should be worth it hopefully and as ISP start providing docsis 4.0/2G networks globally it should be expected for the next router to be capable or running 2G connections as a minimum standard though who I am to speak well just have to wait and see...

2 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@PentolBest guess 2025/26 since there currently overhauling the UI so it going to take some time till it fully polished and ready for another iteration though should be worth it hopefully and as ISP start providing docsis 4.0/2G networks globally it should be expected for the next router to be capable or running 2G connections as a minimum standard though who I am to speak well just have to wait and see...

I can have 2G internet, that's why I'm asking when the next model will be available. 2025/26 is a bit long.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting! I'll make a note of it for when we think about making another router!

Did this ever come to light lol its actually a good idea. Yes the accidental press is a thing but the button underneath would mean lifting and pressing for 10 seconds couldn't be an accident 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, l2eactionz said:

Did this ever come to light lol its actually a good idea. Yes the accidental press is a thing but the button underneath would mean lifting and pressing for 10 seconds couldn't be an accident 

It's an internal reset button on this one as with the R2

1 hour ago, Dean.L said:

will the r3 be able to handle speeds of 1.6Gbps as thats what i get from my isp and as the xr500 kinda farts when it sees anythink above 500 mbps

The ports are limited to 1Gbps so you wouldn't get 1.6 but you'll get very close to gigabit speeds

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's an internal reset button on this one as with the R2

The ports are limited to 1Gbps so you wouldn't get 1.6 but you'll get very close to gigabit speeds

the xr500 gets 1290 mbps just wanna know if it any good with them speeds as the xr500 is good but just dont seem to be any good while playing games like cod or battlefield always seem to shoot first die first or putting and entier mag in some one and dieing with 3 shots ????

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Dean.L said:

the xr500 gets 1290 mbps just wanna know if it any good with them speeds as the xr500 is good but just dont seem to be any good while playing games like cod or battlefield always seem to shoot first die first or putting and entier mag in some one and dieing with 3 shots ????

That's impossible, the XR500 ports are limited to 1Gbps as well. The QoS will be better on the R3 I can say that for sure and with Geo-Filter 2.0 you'll have the smoothest connection as possible.

@XR700 OwnerSo if I am understanding you correct your saying that geo filter is off by default? Well all you do is enable it common sense and of course it will kick you off servers if there not around the designated area. I did find the ping heatmap to be inaccurate when it came to the console version for PUBG I don’t know about PC so it might be different but same concept. 

Edited by DARKNESS

Just now, DARKNESS said:

@XR700 OwnerSo if I am understanding you correct your saying that geo filter is off by default? Well all you do is enable it common sense and of course it will kick you off servers if there not around the designated area. I did find the ping heatmap to be inaccurate when it came to the console version I don’t know about PC so it might be different but same concept. 

Yes when I select pubg in the games list it tells me it recommends filtering to be off. When I connect my ping is terrible in the 80ms range - goes up to around 100ms. I have my radius set to 1500km but when I turn on filtering it gives me an error code on game when queuing up for a match (it times out ). Not sure what to do honestly. When I have filtering enabled I do see servers in my radius and select allow but even when I restart the game I get the same error until I turn filtering off.

@XR700 OwnerI would just increase the radius and see if that solves it pretty similar to apex legends were you’ll time out constantly but it’ll connect to the server when it finds one that matches the area or ping some games are exception like Fortnite the geo doesn’t work unless you have the area selected