tckt-LAMl-WNH4-PZ4i-JHDbx-C0-BJf-yw-Xg-IThe Netduma R3 could be the first router to implement such a feature. Take a look at Verizon's new ONT, I've attached an image. That button needs to be pushed in and held for at least ten seconds to factory reset. There would be no way to accidentally do such a thing. My advice is to place it at the buttom of the router, so it's out of sight. 🧠💡

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, siwhitfield said:

I’m wondering if the R3 will be a Wi-Fi 6 router? Or is it only netgears XR1000 that net duma will support Wi-Fi 6.
Thanks
Si

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We would certainly look into it, it would depend on the cost really and the end cost to consumers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would great if the R3 supports 2GIG's I have been looking to upgrade my internet speed from 1gig to 2gig, please have this on the next one, happy holidays, you guys make a great product :) 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Gskillz said:

It would great if the R3 supports 2GIG's I have been looking to upgrade my internet speed from 1gig to 2gig, please have this on the next one, happy holidays, you guys make a great product :) 

It's very unlikely to be honest but thanks for the kind words!

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
40 minutes ago, BengalBert said:

Hi is the R3 far away to purchase? I take it will have WiFi 6?

Was going to buy XR1000 but looks way too buggy for over £300

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We've not confirmed an R3 at this time so if you want WiFi 6 then the XR1000 is the best bet.

Thanks for the welcome and reply Fraser. Is the R3 likely to be released anytime this year?

Otherwise are you saying a £350 router with numerous reported bugs and no firmware updates in over 12 months is a solid and recommended purchase?

*edit*

I see there is a v2 edition. Are all the reported issues for the initial release XR1000 router fixed on the v2?

Edited by BengalBert

• Administrators

If you're wanting DumaOS + WiFi 6 then the only option is the XR1000 at this time. Every platform has it's bugs and of course it will seem like they're huge issues because looking at the forum that's all you see but it is only a small percentage of customers so it's not a guarantee you'll encounter issues.

The difference between the two is a slight hardware change but functionally they will be the same.

• 3 months later...

R3 would be a beast - octacore, 2GB ram, 1GB flash, tri-band (not 801.11ad though WiFi 6 def), 8 detachable high gain antenna, smart connect/ mesh, zero wait dfs, airtime fairness, 8 port gigabit lan, 1 2.5Gb wan with an sfp port (also able to assign as wan). Slap some fans on the CPU/vrm and maybe have the feet longer with rubber bottoms and an exhaust fan pushing air out. Boom. DumaOS 4.0. MAYBE an RGB badge on the top. 

You know you'd buy one.

• Administrators
On 7/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, athrunzala said:

Hello, after the update, why is there no SmartQoS

Are you referring to being on the Early Access firmware? If so you can access it here: http://192.168.77.1/dumaweb/#smartqos

@XR700 OwnerI’d agree till you said RGB it a waste of money realistically they should just focus on hardware…also I don’t think most users need 8 switches at that point but an external switch which they could in theory make as separate device just a thought if your one of those wire freaks

27 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@XR700 OwnerI’d agree till you said RGB it a waste of money realistically they should just focus on hardware…also I don’t think most users need 8 switches at that point but an external switch which they could in theory make as separate device just a thought if your one of those wire freaks

I mean honestly I'd take 8 lan ports with 2 able to trunk and if the sfp port was set to wan then the 2.5Gb port could switch to lan. Then they could come out with gaming smart switches that go with the DumaOS 4.0 with a 2.5Gb link port. That would kinda be baller imo. And RGB logo a waste of money??? Don't you know when you add RGB you automatically get higher speeds... Cuz you know... Science. Honestly I think the RGB logo would be nice as some people have their router incorporated with their gaming setup on the desk. That way it could add to the aesthetic of the whole concept people would go for. I'm not really like that personally but some are. Honestly if it didn't have that I wouldn't care. I stick with the xr700 purely for the unadulterated raw power it has and I think if NetDuma came out with something even more powerful cutting the Netgear bs out (cuz you know that's where most issues come from ie DHCP issues and getting official fw out) people would ditch the 700 and 1000 and move strictly to netduma. 

@XR700 OwnerYou know they're literally no rgb routers for a reason people don't buy a router for it to be shiny rainbow like a pc lmao and that preference at end of the day and adds extra cost which doesn't benefit the consumer they're not a high budget company so it wouldn't be a smart move by any means that the reason they tried they're partnership with netgear and look how that's turned out 😂 I ain't in neither side but I do believe it netgears fault overall with the fact they don't allow full usage of the hardware and netduma for keeping up with there routers which they knew would take them long to give updates upon

I think 2-2.5 GB is fair and 4-5 ports would hit the sweet spot

@DARKNESS

4-5 ports? Sounds more like a small switch bud. I have my house hardwired cat8 and have all 6 ports used going to gigabit switches on the xr700.  I've used a lot of routers and to me the TP-Link Archer ax11000 and  Asus ROG rapture gt-ax11000 got it right on a lot of levels. I honestly think with stronger hardware, a few more bells and whistles including DumaOS - you'd have a game changing router.

@DARKNESS

No just 1 port to 1 switch. We have multiple wired TVs, consoles and PCs. I've got a wife and 4 kids with a rather large house. Matter of fact I use a c5400x and an ax11000 as APs - I don't even use the wifi on the xr700.  We just have a lot of stuff to hardwire. We use wireless as well but only when we have to.