Xbox no ipv6 with R2 connected

topsixrows

Arris s33 modem.

I don’t think removing dmz changed anything.  I’ll have to do a double check.  Ive done several factor resets and no success abd tge dmz gets added in subsequent tests.  And I read in the forum that has been tried multiple times by others.  I’ve always ran dmz on my Xbox.  I’ve had ipv6 until fairly recently could’ve been days ago or could’ve been a couple weeks.  But I started investigating when lag and running behind in games became unbearable despite ping rates not being that much different. 

• Administrators

What is the firmware version you're currently on? Is there anything that changed in your network when you noticed the lag, new devices, changed settings etc? It may sound counter-intuitive but you could try with one IPv6 option enabled so LAN on, WAN off and vice versa and see if that has any affect please?

under UPnP in R2 network settings, has "Teredo..."  but xbox still does not show IPV6 with R2 connect as it does connected directly to modem.  I tried all the combinations including port forwarding instead of DMZ.  Performance is so so. Ive been thinking Xfinity is screwing around and the Xbox Series X is inferior. 

6 hours ago, topsixrows said:

under UPnP in R2 network settings, has "Teredo..."  but xbox still does not show IPV6 with R2 connect as it does connected directly to modem.  I tried all the combinations including port forwarding instead of DMZ.  Performance is so so. Ive been thinking Xfinity is screwing around and the Xbox Series X is inferior. 

To clarify, you've previously had IPv6 on the Xbox when playing through the R2? Is that correct?

In Device Manager, click on your xbox, does it show as having an IPv6 address there?

I believe this shows IPv6 in device manager as you asked; but on Xbox it still looks like it is only IPv4.  

when connected directly to modem without R2, Xbox shows IPv4 & IPv6. 

does this mean that IPv6 is engaged even though XBox doesn’t think so? 

240D5EE1-5063-4EEF-8137-FB65BBF759F4.jpeg

2ED49346-B11A-4C48-A85E-F4E0B151CFB5.jpeg

1 hour ago, topsixrows said:

I believe this shows IPv6 in device manager as you asked; but on Xbox it still looks like it is only IPv4.  

when connected directly to modem without R2, Xbox shows IPv4 & IPv6. 

does this mean that IPv6 is engaged even though XBox doesn’t think so? 

Yeah looks like the R2 has given it an IPv6 address but it's not being used. Can you confirm if you've ever had an IPv6 address on the Xbox when connected to the R2?

On 9/8/2022 at 8:46 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah looks like the R2 has given it an IPv6 address but it's not being used. Can you confirm if you've ever had an IPv6 address on the Xbox when connected to the R2?

Yes, I have had IPv6 in the recent past and forever.  I noticed it pop up for a brief moment last night on the xbox.  put it back on just the modem and IPv6 shows up.  

19 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

Do a speedtest on xbox

detailed network speed test ?!

i have to do it to get the ipv6 on xbox when i start the console....

I do speed tests regularly.  I did one through the browser and tested for ipv6.  Never found ipv6.  Pings were slow.

then I replaced the R2 with my Asus router and after setting it up was getting ipv6.   Had to set up the pass through.  
Short sample size but it didn’t seem to perform better than the R2.  

I think xfinity is playing games with compatibility and/or tge R2 needs an update 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just updated to latest R2 DumaOS version, and still unable to get IPv6 connection on wired XSX…although an IPv6 address has just now appeared in R2 Device Manager after running speed test on XSX.

Edit: confirmed XSX is still only connecting via IPv4 in XSX Network Settings (as per image someone else posted above).

Edit2: same result when connecting via R2 wifi (ISP is BT).

8 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’ve just updated to latest R2 DumaOS version, and still unable to get IPv6 connection on wired XSX…although an IPv6 address has just now appeared in R2 Device Manager after running speed test on XSX.

Edit: confirmed XSX is still only connecting via IPv4 in XSX Network Settings (as per image someone else posted above).

Edit2: same result when connecting via R2 wifi (ISP is BT).

I'm pretty sure the issue actually sits on the WAN side of the R2 so we are looking into how we can resolve this, unfortunately it's quite a complicated issue (as always seems to be the case with IPv6). We'll keep at it, but in the mean time you'll need to use IPv4 with the Xbox.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...