Xr 500

Bul

Greetings! Happy New Year! I wanted to report the malfunction of the geofilter, I try to force the servers very far from me with ping 110+ (American servers) with 0 results. Xr500v2.3.2.134

• Administrators

Happy New Year! It's not really a malfunction as that is an unintended benefit but probably settings/setup based Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

American server tests: -if I go to play in America with the geofilter it takes ages/ it doesn't find them, I play cross off from PS5 (error found in the filter: if I set the filter radius above 1800km it doesn't work, if I cover all of America it doesn't work) - if instead I go to America with the VPN, 2 seconds and it finds the games, I always did the cross off test (both identical ping but with the VPN I have the negative point of data loss) I would like to play normally on these servers as I always have but I can't with this new warzone, geofilter configuration: I delete the profile, synchronize, add the PS5 and do it manually

• Administrators
On 1/3/2024 at 3:02 AM, Bul said:

American server tests: -if I go to play in America with the geofilter it takes ages/ it doesn't find them, I play cross off from PS5 (error found in the filter: if I set the filter radius above 1800km it doesn't work, if I cover all of America it doesn't work) - if instead I go to America with the VPN, 2 seconds and it finds the games, I always did the cross off test (both identical ping but with the VPN I have the negative point of data loss) I would like to play normally on these servers as I always have but I can't with this new warzone, geofilter configuration: I delete the profile, synchronize, add the PS5 and do it manually

Don't forget, forcing servers the other side of the world isn't the intended function of the Geo-Filter so it's not guaranteed, also if your ping is potentially too high the game may just reject you. Are you setting up the Geo-Filter prior to booting the game/console?

• Administrators

Factory reset or re-adding the device to the router that was deleted from the Device Manager - the one that was added to Traffic Prioritization. You'd have to add it back exactly so via same method, same name/device type

I haven't added/deleted any devices (I'm aware of that bug) can you tell me when there will be a new official firmware for xr500?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bul said:

I haven't added/deleted any devices (I'm aware of that bug) can you tell me when there will be a new official firmware for xr500?

You'll need to factory reset then, it's the only solution. Official I don't know as that is entirely up to Netgear

I tried to search for the games closest to me, the result is like the American one (which I finally made work by setting the filter with the drawings) using the circle I notice a malfunction, it doesn't connect to the servers / it finds two games and goes into block no longer finds the games, (removing it continues to find the chosen server), I delete the profile/sync/add ps5/manual/ and nothing with the circle no longer works for me like it used to

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Bul said:

I tried to search for the games closest to me, the result is like the American one (which I finally made work by setting the filter with the drawings) using the circle I notice a malfunction, it doesn't connect to the servers / it finds two games and goes into block no longer finds the games, (removing it continues to find the chosen server), I delete the profile/sync/add ps5/manual/ and nothing with the circle no longer works for me like it used to

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when it happens please?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried both geofilters but lately they no longer work, the blocked servers appear on the map and those where I want to play correctly, when I start the game the server that I am about to connect to but without result appears on the map, I am unable to enter it, others sometimes it doesn't block the ping and continues to go up and other times it doesn't let me access the game at all

8BF72E68-2E7F-40BA-94AB-EB8364A7F440.jpeg

• Administrators

Some servers like the Italian one are really hard to force as they don't seem to be always available so it would be best to cover a few servers so you allow the game more options