Ping Spikes in Warzone with Congestion Control Setup

BrownStar

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem/router model the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2?

Classified Games is fine, use Normal as you're using ethernet (yes gaming/voice is to be used if the device is connected via WiFi), you can enable apply to WAN, if your ISP doesn't support it then it won't give a negative impact. Resync the cloud on the Device Manager then reboot the console, the download/upload packets should close align and you should have a better experience. 

No worries at all, happy to help!

ZTE H268Q

all device except kitchen router(is connect WISP to R2) i have to change it to AP.

when I tried when no one was using the kitchen router, I got the same results(60-69 download speed)

Alright I'm still get crazy ping spike even after doing the Re-Sync. Any thoughts?

It's weird because I'm using a Motorola MB8600 modem going directly to my R2, but when I use my ISP Modem/Router (Hitron Coda 4582), the spikes completely go away. I've authorized the MB8600 with my ISP, in fact before a 1-2 weeks ago it was all working just fine, but one morning I was gaming an around lunch time the spikes started.

Also, just plugged my PC directly into the MB8600 modem and I have absolutely no spikes, latency graph on Ping Plotter is incredibly smooth(3-5ms variation)

Screenshot (68).png

pingplotter.png

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and enter that into the ZTE DMZ function, then re-test on the R2

I will do it but i dont have full access on ISP modem i have to call my ISP to do it for me. My question is if something happent from weather because is winter electricity down or any restart the WANT IP doesn't change after that? is it better to put R2 mac address? 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, BrownStar said:

Alright I'm still get crazy ping spike even after doing the Re-Sync. Any thoughts?

It's weird because I'm using a Motorola MB8600 modem going directly to my R2, but when I use my ISP Modem/Router (Hitron Coda 4582), the spikes completely go away. I've authorized the MB8600 with my ISP, in fact before a 1-2 weeks ago it was all working just fine, but one morning I was gaming an around lunch time the spikes started.

Can you do that PingPlotter without the R2 in play please and provide a screenshot?

14 minutes ago, Cobrinio said:

I will do it but i dont have full access on ISP modem i have to call my ISP to do it for me. My question is if something happent from weather because is winter electricity down or any restart the WANT IP doesn't change after that? is it better to put R2 mac address? 

It could change, in which case you'd want to set the IP of the R2 that the modem gave it as static/reserved, it depends how they implement DMZ you may be able to select it via MAC address

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you do that PingPlotter without the R2 in play please and provide a screenshot?

It could change, in which case you'd want to set the IP of the R2 that the modem gave it as static/reserved, it depends how they implement DMZ you may be able to select it via MAC address

Thank you very much for the amazing support!! i will try everything after work!! I appreciate it!!

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is Coax -> Motorola MB8600 -> Netduma R2 -> My PC

Screenshot (69).png

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, BrownStar said:

This is Coax -> Motorola MB8600 -> Netduma R2 -> My PC

Thanks for that, could you swap out the cable connecting the R2 to the modem and see if that packet loss goes away?

Otherwise switch Congestion Control to Always and set the percetages to 70% for download and upload, then retry.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, could you swap out the cable connecting the R2 to the modem and see if that packet loss goes away?

Otherwise switch Congestion Control to Always and set the percetages to 70% for download and upload, then retry.

Alright here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

-Reinstalled latest firmware and factory reset 

-Reset MAC Adress

-Swapped out known good Ethernet cable from modem to R2

-Ran auto setup through Browser on PC

-Set CC to 70/70 Always - (still getting packet loss)

-Ran ping optimizer through iPhone app (no change)

-Disabled QoS completely (got better but still there with longer gaps in between) 

• Administrators

@BrownStar sign up for Early Access, when approved try the firmware there, it has a lot of fixes/improvements so hopefully that gets you sorted, make sure to factory reset 5 minutes after you've upgraded https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@BrownStar sign up for Early Access, when approved try the firmware there, it has a lot of fixes/improvements so hopefully that gets you sorted, make sure to factory reset 5 minutes after you've upgraded https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

Ok I just signed up. Thanks for your time and help as always! I know this stuff isn’t always a walk in the park.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, BrownStar said:

Ok I just signed up. Thanks for your time and help as always! I know this stuff isn’t always a walk in the park.

I've approved that for you so you can access the Early Access sub forum here now: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/

You're very welcome, appreciate your patience!

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I would suggest connecting the kitchen router to the R2, then put the kitchen router into AP mode..

For AP mode i need ethernet from R2 to kitchen router or i can do it wireless? i ask because there is a distance.