Going to buy the XR1000 today but have a few questions.

The reason I am buying the router is due to EA’s NHL22  on Xbox .The issue I have is that there are two servers in the NE that I can possibly connect to. There is a server in Montreal that is 400 miles away and there is a server in Virginia outside Washington DC that is 300 miles away. The game always connects me to the Montreal one that is further away and I experience a noticeable delay especially when I play people who are in Ontario or Quebec province. I would like to connect to the Virginia server only. Is this something I can do with geofiltering? Also, when not playing that specific game on my Xbox can I turn off geofiltering easily? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
47 minutes ago, raf1212 said:

@Niccolo91if I were you, I would wait for another software because I read that users have a lot of problems with xr1000 as well as with xr500

They are support forums so you will only see people having issues so that can give a false sense that there are only issues but there are many people not posting because they don't have said issues

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They are support forums so you will only see people having issues so that can give a false sense that there are only issues but there are many people not posting because they don't have said issues

I agree with that. Just to counter some of the negative posts, I have had an XR1000 now for about six months and have yet only encountered minor issues. I am sure that forums like this one are hounded by people who have specific application problems but those people are in very small numbers.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, Niccolo91 said:

The reason I am buying the router is due to EA’s NHL22  on Xbox .The issue I have is that there are two servers in the NE that I can possibly connect to. There is a server in Montreal that is 400 miles away and there is a server in Virginia outside Washington DC that is 300 miles away. The game always connects me to the Montreal one that is further away and I experience a noticeable delay especially when I play people who are in Ontario or Quebec province. I would like to connect to the Virginia server only. Is this something I can do with geofiltering? Also, when not playing that specific game on my Xbox can I turn off geofiltering easily? Thanks in advance.

I'm a XR1000 owner and the firmware support at this time is NOT EXISTING.

The last time they released the update was in July 2021, it was full of bugs from day one.

There is an obvious problem with software support. Everybody should stay away from this model for now.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Jackal235 said:

I'm a XR1000 owner and the firmware support at this time is NOT EXISTING.

The last time they released the update was in July 2021, it was full of bugs from day one.

There is an obvious problem with software support. Everybody should stay away from this model for now.

It has been awhile since new firmware has been available, shouldn't be much longer before another version is released. Apart from the UPnP issue which is more visual there hasn't been many recurring themes from what I can see. If you're having an issue please make a topic and we'll be happy to help.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It has been awhile since new firmware has been available, shouldn't be much longer before another version is released. Apart from the UPnP issue which is more visual there hasn't been many recurring themes from what I can see. If you're having an issue please make a topic and we'll be happy to help.

I did... back in November last year:

XR1000 1.0.0.58, 1.0.0.52 - DumaOS on NETGEAR Nighthawk Support - Netduma Forum

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jackal235 said:

Ah, I remember. If you don't reply to the topic after a suggestion we don't know whether you're still having issues or not, if you reply there then we can continue troubleshooting

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 1:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah, I remember. If you don't reply to the topic after a suggestion we don't know whether you're still having issues or not, if you reply there then we can continue troubleshooting

Oh, such a push, it does not work, the fact is that the software 3.0 has not been well released for three years, it started with the release of a year and a half on the old architecture, it took a year and a half to make new software and now the next year and a half I do not see a version that would work well, but It's good that the money for routers is correct, I guess I'm right, and maybe on R1 and R2 everything works perfectly

What is a router for?... To route packets... The rest is just cosmetics and management!

3 people who troll on the thousand sold.... 

"Rome is not done in a day"

On 3/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, Fuzy said:

What is a router for?... To route packets... The rest is just cosmetics and management!

3 people who troll on the thousand sold.... 

"Rome is not done in a day"

But then you have basic but key features on a router that just don't work correctly. DHCP!

I have been waiting for 12 months now for a firmware update to fix the DHCP issues. Sorry but 12 months is more then enough time for a company to fix an urgent issue like this.

what do you mean by dhcp problem? that the xr1000 does not automatically assign an ip to your downstream machines? if so, you can manually assign them outside the range of dhcp to make sure port forwarding is working properly.

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2022 at 4:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

yo tengo un monto de problemas y no escribo porque prácticamente es como si hablara con una pared.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, jhonnathanr said:

yo tengo un monto de problemas y no escribo porque prácticamente es como si hablara con una pared.

¿Qué quieres decir exactamente? Si crea un tema y explica sus problemas, podemos ayudarlo a solucionarlo.