Hybrid VPN for Warzone no longer connecting via OPEN VPN

Paul Maos

Why do you guys using nolagvpn have to mess around with only vpn’ing certain ports?  I thought nolag would do that for you. I’ve tried it in the past on my pc and didn’t have to bother with that. If it doesn’t spoof your location automatically then why not just use a normal/cheaper vpn and set the ports manually? 

p.s. I’ll have to wait till Monday to try the new added ports

I managed to try the new settings yesterday and it’s working again now. Thanks.

I still don’t get lobbies as easy as some streamers though so I guess they must have a better vpn than me 😂

I deleted the playstation for vpn selector.

rebooted

went to device manager and selected tv

hybrid vpn - added ports

device manager switch back to playstation

copy and paste vpn file and connected vpn

reboot

no change in game location and when searching for a game it is 200+

Those are my ports and the devic is set to TV. When set to playstation i cannot even connect to a server. if i cant use the vpn function i am going to abandon the netduma completely as the geo filter wont work either.

TCPUDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3074:3074)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3075:3075)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3076:3076)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3077:3077)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3078:3078)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3079:3079)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (27014:27050)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (1935:1935)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3478:3480)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (80:80)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (443:443)

I don’t know what to suggest really. I followed the instructions and it works fine. It says I’m in a different country while still giving me normal ping.

My issue now is that it doesn’t seem to make any difference to my lobbies when I’m playing with my teammate. I am the host but the lobbies are our normal 1.1 kd average. When I play solo it drops from average 1.1kd to about 0.9kd. 
Does it help with anyone else’s lobbies when playing with a team? I am using purvpn, not nolag so maybe that’s why. 

@rob wHey there. Make sure to use this settings. I've come up with this after months of trying. Ofc all of this was made for console people trying to VPN without loosing any connection, but still spoofing their location. If you're on PC and you use this settings it's actually beneficial just because you're only VPNing the WZ app, not the whole PC, might notice some differences when browsing since the 443 port affects https domains. Please copy paste the settings below, make sure you don't overlap ports and it will work (with all VPNs, any location). @RobBobIf you are on PC, it makes sense. You should really try different locations during the day and see which gives best results. Idk how or why, but it really makes a difference on the matchmaking side. NoLag is good and pretty consistent during early hours and afternoon, but if you play at night when the sbmm works at its best there's close to nothing you can do, as far as I know.

X.png

@deuce98lauProbably because your settings aren't working as intended and you're actually sending data to the VPN provider through Mexico and the connection becomes too slow, so you can't login or you will login, but the game can't find any server for you. The settings I've shared actually stops the *real* sharing of data between you and the VPN provider and just spoof the location, that is actually what you want when it comes to trick the matchmaking.

So i couldn't find any hybrid VPN setting to work. So I used the Windows 10 express VPN app and I reliably can play in the listed cities. Lobbies def seem to be heavy from there, but I can't get the DumaR2 to show me where the server is, or any of the info I used to get. I can't even see the people in my party so I can't allow/deny anything. Is that how it is, if you VPN you can't allow friends or allow/reject servers?  

I can't filter by my PC at ll. It just pretty much refuses to load a lobby

• Administrators
11 hours ago, deuce98lau said:

So i couldn't find any hybrid VPN setting to work. So I used the Windows 10 express VPN app and I reliably can play in the listed cities. Lobbies def seem to be heavy from there, but I can't get the DumaR2 to show me where the server is, or any of the info I used to get. I can't even see the people in my party so I can't allow/deny anything. Is that how it is, if you VPN you can't allow friends or allow/reject servers?  

I can't filter by my PC at ll. It just pretty much refuses to load a lobby

When it's on the PC itself you're creating a tunnel between the PC specifically and the VPN server and therefore the router can't see the traffic properly to filter. It's different when using the VPN feature on the router. The suggestions on page 1 should get you up and running.

Which ones? 20 ideas are discussed and none worked. The last one by Paul Maos he then states didnt work. Please clarify how to get expressVPN to work on Hybrid VPN and let me join lobbies and show me the location of servers/players.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, deuce98lau said:

Which ones? 20 ideas are discussed and none worked. The last one by Paul Maos he then states didnt work. Please clarify how to get expressVPN to work on Hybrid VPN and let me join lobbies and show me the location of servers/players.

This one: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38675-hybrid-vpn-for-warzone-no-longer-connecting-via-open-vpn/?do=findComment&comment=332646

Thank you. I did just try this twice and I can't get in to a lobby. Stays searching for ever, when I have geofilter on. I added my PC in filtering, with COD and now I can't get in to a lobby. Stays searching indefinitely.

I after a while disabled Strict Mode, grew the radius, increased the ping slider and still can't get in to a lobby.

Advise.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, deuce98lau said:

Thank you. I did just try this twice and I can't get in to a lobby. Stays searching for ever, when I have geofilter on. I added my PC in filtering, with COD and now I can't get in to a lobby. Stays searching indefinitely.

I after a while disabled Strict Mode, grew the radius, increased the ping slider and still can't get in to a lobby.

Advise.

Are you trying to force a location very far away from you? If so that is probably why - it is not something we advise doing

On 2/5/2022 at 3:59 AM, RobBob said:

I don’t know what to suggest really. I followed the instructions and it works fine. It says I’m in a different country while still giving me normal ping.

My issue now is that it doesn’t seem to make any difference to my lobbies when I’m playing with my teammate. I am the host but the lobbies are our normal 1.1 kd average. When I play solo it drops from average 1.1kd to about 0.9kd. 
Does it help with anyone else’s lobbies when playing with a team? I am using purvpn, not nolag so maybe that’s why. 

@RobBobare you in the east coast? If so use Israel or South Africa during night hours. You ideally want to choose servers 12 hours behind your current time. Or server locations where it’s between 4 - 11am

10 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

@RobBobare you in the east coast? If so use Israel or South Africa during night hours. You ideally want to choose servers 12 hours behind your current time. Or server locations where it’s between 4 - 11am

Nah I’m in the UK. I’ll try changing locations next time. I’m using purevpn so I might give nolagvpn a try to see if it’s any better. Do you guys using nolagvpn use the console config files or the pc config files? When playing on console.