Hybrid VPN for Warzone no longer connecting via OPEN VPN

Paul Maos

Hi,

NoLagVPN no longer connecting via OPENVPN. I used to see logs on the connection status and now Its just blank. Everything worked fine until a warzone update on 1/26/22. I have also updated to the latest router firmware to see if that would help and nothing. 

I can get the following:

* FAILED status on the information tab (ScreenShot attached - Router.png)

* I checked the LOGS tab and there is nothing (ScreenShot attached - log tab empty)

* I have rebooted the router and then I would get a CONNECTED status however when I boot the game my geographical location has not changed, but interesting enough my external IP has. not sure how that happened. 

Maybe I'm missing a new step on the configuration side.

router.png

Log_tab_empty.png

Good morning everyone.

My friends and I have been using the HybridVpn tool on all of ours devices (two R2s and a Netgear router), and can confirm that isn't anything related to COD updates.

Right now there's no VPN config able to work through the Duma software (no Cyberghost, Express, Nolag etc..) based on what we've tested. Maybe it's just a bug on Duma's hand.

The HybridVpn tool is simply no longer working all of a sudden. Hope it can get some love very soon, because it's honestly a great feature that I think most of the duma users enjoy using and test stuff around.

I think I got it solved, try and add tcp 80 and 443 on your list @Paul Maos. Vanguard still running on the same settings as before, but I think they slightly modified WZ. These are older ports they claimed to use on older titles. Make sure you don't overlap them with other settings you have outside the HybridVPN tab. Btw checking your settings what's the impact you have on your connection while playing? I'd suggest you to reverse those UDP to TCP so you won't get any connection issues and you'll be just spoofing your recognized location, obviously that's not great for what the VPN was made for but it actually works fine for gaming.

• Administrators

For a console, it should have added and been greyed out meaning it applies to the whole device, delete the rules and device from the VPN, then change it back to a console device type on the Device Manager, then re-add it. 

With the latest R2 update we've added a DNS section for HybridVPN so you may need to enter the VPN DNS in there as well for it to connect properly.

Thank you @IBPxx & @Netduma Fraser for the tips.

@Netduma Fraser Additionally - When the ps4 is added as a gaming console it will not allow me to add a VPN Service Selector. How I did it before was:

I added as the device as TV, then I would add the COD ports via the VPN Service Selector. Once the ports were entered, I would go to the device manager and switch the device back to Playstation and it would be grayed out as you suggested, and NoLagVPN worked like a charm once I placed the configuration file. Now I followed your tip and added the device as a gaming console, and while it was grayed out, once I left the HYBRID VPN tab the device Playstation 4 would dissapear, and what's interesting is that it would fail to connect even while I stayed within the tab.

This is how it was set up before the cod and router updates and it worked like a charm. (Screenshot attached)

VPN Traffic.png

@IBPxx Forgot to add your question on connection status. My connection before the it no longer worked was awesome! My ping in rebirth ranged from 15-30 (I don't play Battle royal that much anymore - lost interest on the new map) but before the ping on verdask & Caldera ranged really from 35-60. 

I added the UDP because I looked for the port forwarding ports for COD and they had listed the UDP ports. - Should I not include UDP column on the VPN Selector anymore? and just stick to TCP column? (Screenshot attached - Cod Ports)

Lastly - I will try to add the TCP ports your suggested first and see if that works. If not I will reverse the UDP ports to TCP, with this option you said my geographic location will show my current location? I only ask because before it showed my geographic location of the VPN server I needed. 

Did you and your friends now connect NoLagVPN using HYBRID VPN through DUMA when you added the tcp ports 80 & 443

Again, thanks for both tips on this! I 

• Administrators

You don't need to add ports on it as when it's greyed out it will apply to the whole device but if that's what works for you then great. Set the DNS on the HybridVPN menu :menu and it should allow you to connect.

Thanks @Netduma Fraser - NoLagVPN does not provide the DNS. Just a config file to upload to use for OPEN VPN. 

1) I selected the Games console from the device manager for my PS4 and entered the config - Status Failed (screenshot - Games console)

2) I selected the Playstation from the device manager for my ps4 - When I did this, its greyed out, but it will not allow me to change the mode to (ONLY VPN THESE SERVICES). I entered the config file anyway to test and - Status Failed (screenshot - Playstation)

Additionally - Why do the logs no longer work? they are just blank.

Games_Console.png

Playstation.png

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's the correct way to add it there, it will apply to the whole device. Copy the IP from the config and input it in the DNS and see if it works. That's a bug on that version but will be fixed.

Just sent you a message on the NoLagVPN file, I do not see a clear IP here, any help on which IP i should use on the file would be appreciated! 

So far all the options I have used:

1) Adding device with Port forwarding by the VPN selector have failed to connect to NoLagVPN

2) I took out the VPN Selector and device, and re added it as a playstion / games console device and still not connect to NoLagVPN

Crazy because I did not make any changes other than upgrading the netduma firmware.

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's the correct way to add it there, it will apply to the whole device. Copy the IP from the config and input it in the DNS and see if it works. That's a bug on that version but will be fixed.

when fill be fixed this problems?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Lolitahell said:

Same here, with others vpn providers. No IP in the Open config file VPN

It should be on the remote line, if its more like a URL then search on the VPN site for the DNS

16 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

So far all the options I have used:

1) Adding device with Port forwarding by the VPN selector have failed to connect to NoLagVPN

2) I took out the VPN Selector and device, and re added it as a playstion / games console device and still not connect to NoLagVPN

Crazy because I did not make any changes other than upgrading the netduma firmware.

Thanks for that, I've not seen a config like that before, there are a ridiculous amount of routes there, I'm not sure how it would choose the correct one. Is that what was downloaded from the site, it hasn't been altered in anyway?

6 minutes ago, shinigami_93 said:

when fill be fixed this problems?

For the log most likely the next version, if you're having a similar issue please make a new topic 

@Netduma FraserI've been playing around with the Duma Os that much that I can grant you that if you apply the HybridVpn to the whole Playstation or Pc your internet connection will get killed if you're spoofing to a further location. And I wonder why but if you select a device, pick the right ports it will spoof the location for the game, but if you instead go and open the ports on the regular "port forwarding" tab, it won't work. Additionally, if you overlap them nothing will keep working. So I can confirm that if you don't open specified ports switching around in the device manager and then go back to "playstation" device you won't have a good experience or the game will simply tell you "Can't find any server in your area". 

@Paul Maos Yes it's now working fine again with Nolag, Cyberghost and Express. Btw yeah experimenting stuff around I found I could get basically my real connection, matchmaking ping and so on only when port forwarding TCPs only and still getting the in game location switched to the OVPN file I picked. Let me know if adding the 443 port makes the trick for you or not. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, IBPxx said:

@Netduma FraserI've been playing around with the Duma Os that much that I can grant you that if you apply the HybridVpn to the whole Playstation or Pc your internet connection will get killed if you're spoofing to a further location. And I wonder why but if you select a device, pick the right ports it will spoof the location for the game, but if you instead go and open the ports on the regular "port forwarding" tab, it won't work. Additionally, if you overlap them nothing will keep working. So I can confirm that if you don't open specified ports switching around in the device manager and then go back to "playstation" device you won't have a good experience or the game will simply tell you "Can't find any server in your area". 

In the first instance you're actually routing all the traffic to that server, I suspect with that you're just sending the traffic that relates to the location to that server and so you're actually just connecting to a local server with a lower skill barrier. 

Wanted to updated the ticket. Thanks to @Netduma Fraser & @IBPxx for all the help, without you both I would of been going crazy. So again all credit goes to them both!

Hopefully the steps below I did helps @shinigami_93@Lolitahell if not please feel free to comment on here.

1) I removed the device (playstation 4) & the Service Ports

2) Rebooted netduma router

3) on Device Manager I selected my PS4 and switched the DEVICE TYPE as TV (This allows you to ADD SERVICE and enter the COD ports via the VPN Service Selector through HYBRID VPN) 

4) Go to HYBRID VPN, then ADD DEVICE (PS4 or XBOX)

5) Then select ADD SERVICE, under the VPN Service Selector click on advanced then enter the COD ports. I added a screenshot of my PS4 ports for anyone who is on playstation to use.

Just a note to enter the following under source port:

Source Port

Start: 1

End: 65535

Destination Port (here is where you will enter COD portshere is one example for when entering ports for my PS4 below:

Start: 80

End: 80

6) Once the ports to your given console (PS4 or XBOX) are added. Go to device manager and click on your console and switch the DEVICE TYPE to Playstation.

7) Go back to HYBRID VPN, select VPN Set up. Then select Advanced followed by VPN Type: OPEN VPN

😎 NoLagVPN site states to use 1 for both the USER & PASS on Netduma Routers

9) Next, copy your entire .opvn file into the configuration

10) Then click on CONNECT, and make sure you have selected ENABLE under VPN TYPE

11) DONE!! 

These steps worked for. I have included an image of my settings for port forwards for my PS4. Please feel free to use. Again please note to use the correct COD PORTS for your console or pc. 

Connected_VPN.png

COD ports.png

24 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

Wanted to updated the ticket. Thanks to @Netduma Fraser & @IBPxx for all the help, without you both I would of been going crazy. So again all credit goes to them both!

Hopefully the steps below I did helps @shinigami_93@Lolitahell if not please feel free to comment on here.

1) I removed the device (playstation 4) & the Service Ports

2) Rebooted netduma router

3) on Device Manager I selected my PS4 and switched the DEVICE TYPE as TV (This allows you to ADD SERVICE and enter the COD ports via the VPN Service Selector through HYBRID VPN) 

4) Go to HYBRID VPN, then ADD DEVICE (PS4 or XBOX)

5) Then select ADD SERVICE, under the VPN Service Selector click on advanced then enter the COD ports. I added a screenshot of my PS4 ports for anyone who is on playstation to use.

Just a note to enter the following under source port:

Source Port

Start: 1

End: 65535

Destination Port (here is where you will enter COD portshere is one example for when entering ports for my PS4 below:

Start: 80

End: 80

6) Once the ports to your given console (PS4 or XBOX) are added. Go to device manager and click on your console and switch the DEVICE TYPE to Playstation.

7) Go back to HYBRID VPN, select VPN Set up. Then select Advanced followed by VPN Type: OPEN VPN

😎 NoLagVPN site states to use 1 for both the USER & PASS on Netduma Routers

9) Next, copy your entire .opvn file into the configuration

10) Then click on CONNECT, and make sure you have selected ENABLE under VPN TYPE

11) DONE!! 

These steps worked for. I have included an image of my settings for port forwards for my PS4. Please feel free to use. Again please note to use the correct COD PORTS for your console or pc. 

Connected_VPN.png

COD ports.png

Thanks for sharing i will try

Hey @IBPxx @Netduma Fraser ok I spoke to soon. I was testing other locations and now the HYBRID VPN is saying failed after It had worked. I even copied the OVPN that worked and now that one is failing. Do you have any other ideas as to why this is happening and can you change to different OVPN files without having the status saying FAILED?

I did not make ANY changes, just entered a different OVPN file under configuration.

COD_PORTS.png

8 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

Hey @IBPxx @Netduma Fraser ok I spoke to soon. I was testing other locations and now the HYBRID VPN is saying failed after It had worked. I even copied the OVPN that worked and now that one is failing. Do you have any other ideas as to why this is happening and can you change to different OVPN files without having the status saying FAILED?

I did not make ANY changes, just entered a different OVPN file under configuration.

COD_PORTS.png

Nah it's chalked, it has to be something with the hybridvpn tab @netduma fraser

It was working flawlessly before last night

Yea it was working just fine for me as well before last night. Maybe @IBPxx has some insight on his efforts to make it work consistently. Its weird, it just worked for me 30 minutes ago and then I just changed to another location for testing and its back to the same thing. 

Do you have any insights on the HYBRID VPN part @Netduma Fraser?