Hybrid VPN for Warzone no longer connecting via OPEN VPN

Paul Maos

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

I leave it enabled all the time since its just my PS4 that uses it. Ive never had any issues before with this. 

Could be that it's running out the memory, in which case the next firmware should resolve that.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be that it's running out the memory, in which case the next firmware should resolve that.

I have the new firmware you guys just put out on NOV 21. I did a factory reset of teh router as well. And Im still getting the issue.

@Paul Maos @Lolitahell Try this settings, it's actually working without any issues, both for me and the friends I shared with. Btw about Nolag, if you share with a friend, check owner's email if they're kicking out people that are connecting, if so just refresh the configurations. It happened to me that it could fail the connection. the ports you see are ALL TCP.

Settings.png

7 minutes ago, IBPxx said:

@Paul Maos @Lolitahell Try this settings, it's actually working without any issues, both for me and the friends I shared with. Btw about Nolag, if you share with a friend, check owner's email if they're kicking out people that are connecting, if so just refresh the configurations. It happened to me that it could fail the connection. the ports you see are ALL TCP.

Settings.png

Thanks @IBPxx!!! 
I have those ports as well all TCP like you said with the exception of port number 27014-27050. Curious what made you add those? It’s not under the PlayStation port, rather the pc side. 

also, I did some tests and looks like for me it only works if I reboot after I copy and paste the ovpn config. I will have to reboot the router after every config file and then it’s says connected. Do you have to do this for every ovpn config file? 

before all I did is just paste a new ovpn config file and then hit connect and it would work. 

Tbh no. I haven't installed the latest firmware version as well. I preferred to stick with this until I get any troubles/ instability. I had that port just because that way I can share straight with the friends that are playing on PC. If you can @Paul Maos check your basic "port forwarding" tab under "Network settings". It has to be empty. Did you try refreshing your Nolag configurations?

32 minutes ago, IBPxx said:

Tbh no. I haven't installed the latest firmware version as well. I preferred to stick with this until I get any troubles/ instability. I had that port just because that way I can share straight with the friends that are playing on PC. If you can @Paul Maos check your basic "port forwarding" tab under "Network settings". It has to be empty. Did you try refreshing your Nolag configurations?

The “network settings” is empty. I have not refreshed the NoLag configurations as I usually refresh them every time I log on warzone - is that a bag thing to do?? Also I had refreshed the configurations as I thought that might fix the initial problem. 

I’ll refresh as soon as My 24 hours are done and NoLag let’s me. I really do not want to go back to the older firmware but if this keeps doing this I just may have to factory reset and go back. Thanks for updating me @IBPxx. I’ll keep you posted.

53 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

Thanks @IBPxx!!! 
I have those ports as well all TCP like you said with the exception of port number 27014-27050. Curious what made you add those? It’s not under the PlayStation port, rather the pc side. 

also, I did some tests and looks like for me it only works if I reboot after I copy and paste the ovpn config. I will have to reboot the router after every config file and then it’s says connected. Do you have to do this for every ovpn config file? 

before all I did is just paste a new ovpn config file and then hit connect and it would work. 

It did works, and instead of having moderate nate, which i always had using a vpn now its open lol

8 minutes ago, Lolitahell said:

It did works, and instead of having moderate nate, which i always had using a vpn now its open lol

So it works for you now? Do you have to reboot after every ovpn config file, or does it work just by hitting connect without a reboot? Also what port settings are you using?

11 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

So it works for you now? Do you have to reboot after every ovpn config file, or does it work just by hitting connect without a reboot? Also what port settings are you using?

yah it works, i did the same setup as him !!! , just connect and pla just normal. 

5 minutes ago, Lolitahell said:

yah it works, i did the same setup as him !!! , just connect and pla just normal. 

Nice, you on the latest router firmware or the old one that ends with 205? Curious, if you and ibpxx are on the same firmware lll have to downgrade because this new firmware is just not working well for me at least. 

18 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

Nice, you on the latest router firmware or the old one that ends with 205? Curious, if you and ibpxx are on the same firmware lll have to downgrade because this new firmware is just not working well for me at least. 

new one !!!

I’ve been using Purevpn with the original ports for a while. I noticed it wasn’t working yesterday and that it was showing my actual location in game. I’ll have to try adding the new ports when I get chance. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Paul Maos said:

Wanted to updated the ticket. Thanks to @Netduma Fraser & @IBPxx for all the help, without you both I would of been going crazy. So again all credit goes to them both!

Hopefully the steps below I did helps @shinigami_93@Lolitahell if not please feel free to comment on here.

1) I removed the device (playstation 4) & the Service Ports

2) Rebooted netduma router

3) on Device Manager I selected my PS4 and switched the DEVICE TYPE as TV (This allows you to ADD SERVICE and enter the COD ports via the VPN Service Selector through HYBRID VPN) 

4) Go to HYBRID VPN, then ADD DEVICE (PS4 or XBOX)

5) Then select ADD SERVICE, under the VPN Service Selector click on advanced then enter the COD ports. I added a screenshot of my PS4 ports for anyone who is on playstation to use.

Just a note to enter the following under source port:

Source Port

Start: 1

End: 65535

Destination Port (here is where you will enter COD portshere is one example for when entering ports for my PS4 below:

Start: 80

End: 80

6) Once the ports to your given console (PS4 or XBOX) are added. Go to device manager and click on your console and switch the DEVICE TYPE to Playstation.

7) Go back to HYBRID VPN, select VPN Set up. Then select Advanced followed by VPN Type: OPEN VPN

😎 NoLagVPN site states to use 1 for both the USER & PASS on Netduma Routers

9) Next, copy your entire .opvn file into the configuration

10) Then click on CONNECT, and make sure you have selected ENABLE under VPN TYPE

11) DONE!! 

These steps worked for. I have included an image of my settings for port forwards for my PS4. Please feel free to use. Again please note to use the correct COD PORTS for your console or pc. 

Connected_VPN.png

COD ports.png

hey @RobBobtry using these instructions, with the port settings of IBPxx. Once I did that it worked. 

I cannot get this to work on a Xbox series x. Has anyone got any advice my ip changes on warzone but the geo stays as my actual location, this only started the other night, prior it was running well never had any issues. But since my geo on warzone is my actual location the NoLag vpn seems to not be working even tho my ip on warzone is where the config is 

Same ports as PlayStation ? Doesn’t matter that I’m on Xbox? I’ve been trying to use Xbox ports every time i set it up as stated above but with Xbox sports it doesn’t work only my warzone ip changes but not geo I’ll try with PlayStation ports now and see if that helps 

@Paul Maos Happy it worked, this settings are the product of so many tests! @Aurvey I don't own an Xbox but go ahead and try this settings. If it still doesn't make the trick  for you, try adding TCP 53 and 80, it should work. Just be sure you don't have any port forwarded in the "port forwarding" tab under "network settings", if they overlap everything will stop working properly.