Lan keeps on disconnecting

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects for the console.

Now it does not allow me to connect to the internet on my ps5 when I use this method 

11 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

Now it does not allow me to connect to the internet on my ps5 when I use this method 

I can't connect my ps5 to the internet at all now on both Lan and wifi 

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you gave it a different IP than it had already then you'll need to reboot the console so it gets the new IP and make sure the console is using automatic network settings.

I rebooted and I'm connected to the internet but I'm still getting disconnected 

4 hours ago, Max2110 said:

I have a feeling it has to do with prioritizing incoming packets, as weird as it sounds. I will confirm that tonight

Confirmed, I disabled incoming packet priority and It stopped the disconnecting. 

On playstations it’s also very often the crappy lan port. If the connector on your cable is even slightly out of spec then it can already do this. And this happens on new playstations and new cables, it’s mismatch between the 2.

if you wiggle the cable and the disconnect pops up it’s most of the time a combination of cable and PlayStation LAN port.

The message LAN cable disconnected on PlayStation actually means the physical connection is lost.

if you have a standing model, you can try putting it flat as well to see if it changes.

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where did you disable this exactly

I spoke to soon. I got disconnected again. So when I was online before I disabled packet priority and I have gamed for around 3 hours with no disconnections. I then put my ps in rest mode because I went to have dinner and when I came back online it started disconnecting again.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I spoke to soon. I got disconnected again. So when I was online before I disabled packet priority and I have gamed for around 3 hours with no disconnections. I then put my ps in rest mode because I went to have dinner and when I came back online it started disconnecting again.

Are you referring to Traffic Prioritization? If you leave it in rest mode the router may not fully understand when it is offline/online so best to shutdown fully

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you referring to Traffic Prioritization? If you leave it in rest mode the router may not fully understand when it is offline/online so best to shutdown fully

Yes, so for the past 2 hours I only got DC once while traffic prior was disabled. So far its quiet stable, I dropped 6 nukes lol

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

Yes, so for the past 2 hours I only got DC once while traffic prior was disabled. So far its quiet stable, I dropped 6 nukes lol

Interesting, it's not something anyone else has experienced, what rules did you have set?

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, it's not something anyone else has experienced, what rules did you have set?

When I was disconnecting I had rules: 

Src- 50000-65535 to

Dest- 3074-3079

This made quiet a difference when it came to bullet reg ( in a positive way) 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Strange and what had you selected for Traffic Type? Did you use Apply to WAN also? 

If you disable QoS entirely from the :menu icon on the Congestion Control panel does that eliminate the issue entirely?

IL give it a test

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Strange and what had you selected for Traffic Type? Did you use Apply to WAN also? 

If you disable QoS entirely from the :menu icon on the Congestion Control panel does that eliminate the issue entirely?

It's disconnecting like crazy again today, do you think disabling upnp or nat on the Asus would help? 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with QoS disabled? Is the XR in the DMZ? If it is then you could disable them but unlikely to make a difference.

Question about congestion control, does this setting limit each device from going over 70% of bandwidth or the whole network? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

Question about congestion control, does this setting limit each device from going over 70% of bandwidth or the whole network? 

It limits the whole network to that amount so no device can saturate the connection and cause lag