Lan keeps on disconnecting

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

If you set a static IP for the PlayStation from the XR500 settings, does that then resolve the problem?

I've responded to you in your own topic.

Tried it and it still disconnects. I just got a ps5. And I'm having the issue on it aswel

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It could be the cable you're using, replace the cable connecting the PS to the router and see if it works then please

I have tried a brand new cable. It's terrible I have gotten disconnected so many times while on big streaks. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you see any entries in the log file around the time the issue happens?

Upnp set event: add_nat_rule

Dos attack: ack scan

Those two are the only ones that stand out

• Administrators

Okay nothing there, can you post the full config and I can double check? It's important to not reboot the router after the issue happens otherwise the log will be wiped and won't have any information pertaining to the issue

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay nothing there, can you post the full config and I can double check? It's important to not reboot the router after the issue happens otherwise the log will be wiped and won't have any information pertaining to the issue

Full config or log file? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is nothing in there that indicates what is happening - how have you setup the console to get an Open NAT, are you using port forwarding, DMZ etc?

DMZ, I also tried using upnp on and off but it does not make a difference 

On 1/3/2022 at 1:28 AM, Max2110 said:

DMZ, I also tried using upnp on and off but it does not make a difference 

We wouldn't really recommend putting the PS in the DMZ, it would be better to put the XR in the DMZ of the upstream router.

As a test, can you connect the PS to the XR via Wi-Fi and just see if you get the same issue?

On 1/3/2022 at 12:09 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

There is nothing in there that indicates what is happening - how have you setup the console to get an Open NAT, are you using port forwarding, DMZ etc?

It's now happening on wifi too, I am currently unable to game using my xr

• Administrators

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects for the console.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects for the console.

I tried that. Still disconnects. I tried disabling packet priority. Let's see if it helps