Official DumaOS 3.0

Hi! I can't find the official DumaOS 3.0 for XR500. According to a twitter from Nighthawk Pro Gaming, they wrote that we are able to download the update. 

By the way, is it excatly the same as the beta version .120 or is it an new updated version?

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure what is happening here, I can't see a link to download a firmware and don't have any information on it. I'm checking with both teams currently. 

is the official dumaos 3.0 exactly the same as the beta version?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They've posted an update now that it will be available later today. Unsure at the moment, haven't heard from the team as they've gone home but it's possible it's the .120 build with fixes from us and some NG changes, will have to see.

https://kb.netgear.com/000064346/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-130

2.3.2.130 is out. Is this the latest? I've updated mine and it shows 2.3.2.130.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

I've updated  to firmware 2.3.2.130 and still have the bug. if we use internet vlan config. qos on the uploud site dont work.

Wait long time for an update and still not fixed.. garbage..

New information and updates are coming very soon, stay tuned.

Very soon like when you post very soon on the Netgear forum or very soon? ;)

It seems that Netgear pushed the beta .120 into production without considering patching the core issues. A shame.

Netduma should reconsider this partnership to be honest.

5 minutes ago, mathmath51 said:

Very soon like when you post very soon on the Netgear forum or very soon? ;)

It seems that Netgear pushed the beta .120 into production without considering patching the core issues. A shame.

Netduma should reconsider this partnership to be honest.

We don't use the phrase 'very soon' unless we're confident haha

We're going to be posting an update soon explaining why the firmware has taken so long and what you can expect moving forward, keep an eye out for that!

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

We don't use the phrase 'very soon' unless we're confident haha

We're going to be posting an update soon explaining why the firmware has taken so long and what you can expect moving forward, keep an eye out for that!

It will be nice to read a postmortem indeed but would be even better to have a roadmap for the bug fixing we all wait for (I'm not even talking about new feature at this point).

You could create a page listing the known/reported issues where you put statuses like can't be reproduced, need for info, working on a fix etc. just to be more transparent with your customer

3 hours ago, mathmath51 said:

It will be nice to read a postmortem indeed but would be even better to have a roadmap for the bug fixing we all wait for (I'm not even talking about new feature at this point).

You could create a page listing the known/reported issues where you put statuses like can't be reproduced, need for info, working on a fix etc. just to be more transparent with your customer

For sure, I get that. We plan to brief you guys on everything that's been going on and why you won't have to wait like this for firmware in future, in the interest of being as transparent as possible.

The known issue page is a great idea, I'll suggest this to the team and see what we think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We posted some information on what we've been doing and what you can expect moving forward, you can find that here: 

but it's not about what will be done, it's about the official (bete), it's already too late with the working version, what's going on here, I'm constantly wondering what your goal was to release the software incorrectly

6 minutes ago, raf1212 said:

but it's not about what will be done, it's about the official (bete), it's already too late with the working version, what's going on here, I'm constantly wondering what your goal was to release the software incorrectly

For which router exactly? The official release is out on the XR450/XR500 with the XR700 soon to follow.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The official 3.0 firmware for the XR500 is available now, and we're also working on another new version to bring it up to speed with all the developments and improvements we've made in DumaOS. 

ha ha official( beta),the most leaky official version I've ever seen

18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The official 3.0 firmware for the XR500 is available now, and we're also working on another new version to bring it up to speed with all the developments and improvements we've made in DumaOS. 

I was more interested in the new version and maybe an update regarding the bugs Netgear is supposed to fix (I was the first who posted a reply to your boss' post) ;)

2 hours ago, mathmath51 said:

I was more interested in the new version and maybe an update regarding the bugs Netgear is supposed to fix (I was the first who posted a reply to your boss' post) ;)

Understood, I don't have any updates regarding another firmware version currently, we'll be sure to let you know when we do.