Packet Loss Warzone PC

arky_4

Hi Guys,

I've been getting packet loss in my games.

I've recently purchased a good gaming PC where im getting 150 frames at full render.

I get 35ms ping but the packet loss creeps in.

I'm on fibre internet with speeds of 100Mbps Down and 30Mbps up.

I have open NAT on my RX500 router.

QoS is at 70% for both download and upload.

Traffic Prioritization is DumaOs Classfied Games

I've tried disabling my firewall on PC with no change.

Is there anything else I can try? 

17 hours ago, arky_4 said:

Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased a good gaming PC where im getting 150 frames at full render.

Does the DumaOS Classified Games rule light up when you start playing a game?

Have you tried forcing a couple of different servers in Geo-filter? If so, are all games getting the same packet loss on different servers?

Are all devices on the network connected to the XR500 or are some still connected upstream?

15 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

MW multiplayer works fine no packet loss, I hop on to war zone and instant packet loss! It’s the servers

100% it is the servers i cant secure a ping lower than 40-45 right now before i was able to get like 20-30 sometimes lower and have been getting packet loss as well. I have my own thread about this going and fraser suggested messing around with MTU settings. Maybe try this? im skeptical myself but its worth a try i guess until they can get servers sorted out.  

On 9/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Does the DumaOS Classified Games rule light up when you start playing a game?

Have you tried forcing a couple of different servers in Geo-filter? If so, are all games getting the same packet loss on different servers?

Are all devices on the network connected to the XR500 or are some still connected upstream?

Hi Liam,

I'm starting to lean towards the servers as everything is saying this. Think I may just need to block certain ones.

I am interested in what you suggested though.

The Classfield Games rule isn't lighting up?

How would I force a server?

Yeah all devices come off my XR500

3 hours ago, arky_4 said:

Hi Liam,

I'm starting to lean towards the servers as everything is saying this. Think I may just need to block certain ones.

I am interested in what you suggested though.

The Classfield Games rule isn't lighting up?

How would I force a server?

Yeah all devices come off my XR500

Start by denying each bad server you play on in Geo-filter. To do this, Click on the server's icon and in the panel that appear, hit Deny.

Does the DumaOS classified games rule show that it's prioritised much traffic? You'll probably only see it lighting up when you're actively playing a game.

• 1 month later...

@Netduma Liam apologies for reopening this tread.

I very often see a 1% packet loss when playing warzone.

Also get this on the benchmark tests.

It would be good to get to the bottom of why this happens as its very consistent.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 12.35.33.png

1% packet loss won't be enough to cause any problems, though your base ping is quite high so that could suggest an issue.

Are there any devices connected to the modem/router upstream of the XR500, or is everything still connected to the XR500?

Could you download PingPlotter, and run a test to a local website, for example bbc.co.uk? You can follow this guide for more detailed steps.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

30ms is high? I don't think there much that can be done about that.

Or do you mean the height between top and bottom? is there anything I can do for that.

Yeah everything is connected to the XR500

• Administrators

Okay that's pretty good so to a certain extent partly it's just your connection to the Google server. Under what circumstances were Benchmark and PingPlotter done - i.e. when nothing was using the internet, minimal/maximum usage?

nothing specific just more it might affect my play. Its more the frequency its happening which is a concern.

someone on here was suggesting it was the warzone servers but its like this on all I think.

Not sure if I have traffic Prioritization setup correctly? can you check?

Im using PC playing warzone but also stream

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 17.32.20.png

On 9/5/2021 at 10:28 AM, arky_4 said:

Hi Guys,

Is this actual packet loss (this would, be measured in the top left hand corner as packet loss %), or are you referring to the 3 orange boxes on the left, which would be packet burst.

You using a vpn by any chance? Sometimes when you using a vpn you will see those red and orange boxes but sometimes its on call of dutys end too and nothing you can do about it. but if its very consistent it probably something on your end. Some vpns do cause that though depending on the quality of the vpn and how you have it set up.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, stevewhitmore11 said:

Is this actual packet loss (this would, be measured in the top left hand corner as packet loss %), or are you referring to the 3 orange boxes on the left, which would be packet burst.

Its on the display for packet loss so yeah. Its not the 3 boxes/packet burst i'm aware of those