Need Help to find lobby, Geofilter problems.

Oszman

Hello everyone,

i ´am from germany and  i Really want to change my server Region to near Egypt (Kairo) bether said - the whole near East. I tried to do the whole thing on my own, but realized that I couldn't find a solution

However, if I keep my radius completely over the Middle East, I get a ping (20-32MS) and it will stop at 32MS. then I'm trapped in an endless search. I also tried it to America (Texas), and a search for 115MS - 200MS came up. Again I end up in an endless search loop.

Friends cannot join my party either.

Can Somebody PLS HELP me?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The purpose of the Geo-Filter is to force closer servers, not those far away, by forcing servers at that distance you will get a higher ping and long searching times. You need to place your radius over the area you want with Ping Assist 0, do this before you even load the game. You will need to add your friends to your allow list, you can see how to do so at the bottom of this guide. When it says Spectating Mode just disable Filtering Mode. http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Hey Thank you for your fast Respond,

i am aware that the router is intended for nearby regions. But here in the forum I found out about the possibility to play outside of my own regions, I would like to do so too.

i have followed all the steps in the instructions, but i still can't find a lobby. Also, the "Spectating Mode" is not displayed at all i only have the "Filtering Mode".

I've tried a lot. I found a lobby in America (texas) but only when I entered my PC as a console and only with strict mode on. of course with a high ping (135MS), but when I tried the whole thing in Afrika (include Egypt) I couldn't find a lobby, even with a high radius of almost 3000 km.

to make it (hopefully) easier, here is a screenshot: 

image.thumb.png.94529fb08de844f675a51515c5c99223.png

I would be very happy to receive an answer! You do a very good service, also for customers outside the US :D

As mentioned above, I'm not sure how many servers there are in that region so that could be the problem. If you set you radius over your actual location, do you then get into games quicker and more consistently?

Hello, sorry for my late Response!

if i use a VPN i get into lobbys in these Regions - so there are of course Servers i could join into

to your Question - Tbh it feels like the Netduma dont work. The Ping & connection is like without using it.  my first Thought was that maybe it was depending on Daystime - so i dediced to search up for games with and Without Netduma on different times.

The result: the "netduma" Lobbys are the same as with my normal Router even if i Scale the Whole Europe or only Germany With Various Ping assists from 0 up to 200 (so it doesnt block servers) was the same. 

i have seen in your Forums, also in your Videos that the Geo filter is supossed to change the Server Regions.  please help me out to do this - i waited 2 Months to get this Router in my hands! 

please help me out ! :( 

1 hour ago, Oszman said:

Hello, sorry for my late Response!

if i use a VPN i get into lobbys in these Regions - so there are of course Servers i could join into

to your Question - Tbh it feels like the Netduma dont work. The Ping & connection is like without using it.  my first Thought was that maybe it was depending on Daystime - so i dediced to search up for games with and Without Netduma on different times.

The result: the "netduma" Lobbys are the same as with my normal Router even if i Scale the Whole Europe or only Germany With Various Ping assists from 0 up to 200 (so it doesnt block servers) was the same. 

i have seen in your Forums, also in your Videos that the Geo filter is supossed to change the Server Regions.  please help me out to do this - i waited 2 Months to get this Router in my hands! 

please help me out ! :( 

Unforunately no router can reduce your ping if you're connecting to a server that far away, not by much. 

As you mentioned, the features of DumaOS would feel much more beneficial to you in-game if you were playing on local servers, but unfortunately if a server is geo-graphically very distant from you it will inherently have high ping, simply due to the distance.