No internet access and bottom of router is hot

Rrrick

10 hours ago, Rrrick said:

Copied settings in wan static from previous screenshot and Xbox will not connect to wan or to lan.

Sorry, could you clarify exactly where you copied these from? Can you provide a screenshot of this?

On 5/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thats fine thank you, connect the R2 back to the modem and in Settings > WAN click apply on the DHCP page and see if it gets internet please - otherwise you may need to copy the details from your last screenshot - IP, Subnet, Gateway into the static section in WAN

On 5/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, Rrrick said:

35535EB7-4336-46EB-AF6B-17B437BAF75E.jpeg

5569F100-05A2-48D2-B579-6A9F99C63EDD.jpeg

On 5/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, Rrrick said:

2E0F38E2-74CD-489E-8648-4C06197EB424.jpeg

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but everybody seems to be so fixated on settings and configuration etc so much as to not even consider it could be a faulty RJ45.
Try plugging your Xbox directly into the router see if it gets anything using the yellow cable, if it does. try the netduma with that yellow cable. If that works its the black one that's faulty.
If the Xbox gets nothing too, you have a faulty port on you spectrum router. 
Sorry you gotta rule out hardware too, and RJ45's fail.

If you get something on the Xbox on the yellow cable to Spectrum router, but nothing on the netduma, then you're back in the court of these guys. but is definitely a consideration that is currently being overlooked.

Spectrum modem and my netgear router works with same cables when I use my netgear router. Only thing I do when I swap out netduma and netgear is unplug cables from back of netduma and plug into netgear and Xbox and internet work fine . 

Edited by Rrrick
Add quote

1 hour ago, Gunganator said:

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but everybody seems to be so fixated on settings and configuration etc so much as to not even consider it could be a faulty RJ45.
Try plugging your Xbox directly into the router see if it gets anything using the yellow cable, if it does. try the netduma with that yellow cable. If that works its the black one that's faulty.
If the Xbox gets nothing too, you have a faulty port on you spectrum router. 
Sorry you gotta rule out hardware too, and RJ45's fail.

If you get something on the Xbox on the yellow cable to Spectrum router, but nothing on the netduma, then you're back in the court of these guys. but is definitely a consideration that is currently being overlooked.

12 hours ago, Rrrick said:

I have to go through a router and I can’t hook up modem directly to anything.modem only has Ethernet port on back with no other ports.

Might be a long shot but could you please try a different ethernet port on the R2? Just in case the one you're using is faulty.

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Might be a long shot but could you please try a different ethernet port on the R2? Just in case the one you're using is faulty.

From modem to yellow port or from yellow to Xbox?

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It was originally in the blue port until I got this.

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The one connecting your R2 to the modem

I only have 1 Ethernet port on modem and 1 Ethernet port for internet on r2. I had it hooked up originally to the blue port before I got the earlier message from your co-worker . 

• Administrators

Could you disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN Settings on the R2 then reboot from the interface please and see if you get a connection then?

Do you know whether you have a dynamic or static public IP?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN Settings on the R2 then reboot from the interface please and see if you get a connection then?

Do you know whether you have a dynamic or static public IP?

Still no connection