How to stop players from USA joining EU Servers!

Ok so i have had enough with this, every time i play in a Dedicated EU server on HALO 5 I'm playing against Mexicans and mainly from United States its driving me mad as they are dropping in the room with gigabit connections and its just not fare! can someone please help me how to block the actual players not just the server even when i put it into spectating i don't see any of them so i can block ?..

• Administrators

Sorry to say but you cannot influence who joins a server, it's not possible. You'll be on the closest server so you'll have the advantage there ping-wise. Gigabit connections won't make a difference to the connection quality as it's the latency that matters there.

14 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

Ok so i have had enough with this, every time i play in a Dedicated EU server on HALO 5 I'm playing against Mexicans and mainly from United States its driving me mad as they are dropping in the room with gigabit connections and its just not fare! can someone please help me how to block the actual players not just the server even when i put it into spectating i don't see any of them so i can block ?..

Like Fraser says it does not matter if someone has a gigabit connection or a 10 gigabit connection...If there are in the US and there are connecting to a EU server. There ping will be in the 100+ MS range regardless of there connection speed.

Im sorry to say that does not make sense because people from USA are getting better connection in the EU server on top of that i am still getting booted using the new beta it is a balancing act because if you have 600 upload with ipv6 i can assure you it make a big difference its not just the ping but your upload play a big factor so i would have to disagree with both of you unfortunately this is my experience in UK we are still on ipv4 with an average of 15 me up..

Did you ask these players if they were from the USA? I highly doubt they are.. Not impossible but Im a avid Halo5 player and can tell you that playing on EU servers from the US is not at all ideal.. My latency is right around a 100ms..  Not horrible when seeing the distance.. But id much rather play on the server closest to me. Which usually is a ping around 23ms.. 

The only advantage that a player may have is if they have IPV6 that is fully working correctly.. If you have IPv6 or your ISP supports it try that once.. But make sure you test it fully to ensure your IPV6 is in fact working properly.. There are several IPV6 test sites to help you with that.. One of the easiest tests is by testing your Xbox with IPV6 enabled.. You should receive an Open NAT with no port forwarding no DMZ and no port trigger.. Everything locked down your Xbox should get an Open NAT.. 

These last few months MS has really started pushing IPV6.. If you dont have IPv6 or your ISP doesnt support it yet then theres not alot one can do.. If you are stuck with just IPV4 then double check to make sure your not stuck on some loop.. To test that do a NAT test and watch on the Geo and see what server pops up.. You should see one pop up in the EU.. Click on it when it pops up on the Geo and make sure its allowed..

Good luck!

Zippy.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

Im sorry to say that does not make sense because people from USA are getting better connection in the EU server on top of that i am still getting booted using the new beta it is a balancing act because if you have 600 upload with ipv6 i can assure you it make a big difference its not just the ping but your upload play a big factor so i would have to disagree with both of you unfortunately this is my experience in UK we are still on ipv4 with an average of 15 me up..

People have commented above with some good points. If you truly feel they're getting a better connection than you then you may need to look at your own connection - are you experiencing local congestion, are you truly forcing the lowest ping server etc. 

• 1 month later...

Also i have noticed my player logo not where its meant to be sometime goes to eu instead of uk also can't see my friends even when i put it in spectating mode i dat feel that the router is actually not performing as its meant to . Can someone please help me resolve this 

Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-filter and QoS settings? Where about are you located relative to where you search radius is? What's the average ping of the servers you're playing on approximately?

You won't be able to see your own icon on the Geo-filter map, only the servers you're playing on and occasionally the players you're playing with. Are your friends still able to join your lobby and can you play a game with them?

I have had this router for a while now so i would like to think i know what i  am doing the problem is i can't see my friends on the filter and  just recently i allowed a server that was in my polygon when doing a nat test and now its in west coast USA so i think i am being pushed to USA . I dont feel like i am playing in the eu server as its crisp feeling in game and i am running an A+ buffer bloat its mad i feel like I'm being deceived not a eu connection but it says it is and rooms are full of people from USA lol

1 hour ago, Rickyrocks said:

I have had this router for a while now so i would like to think i know what i  am doing the problem is i can't see my friends on the filter and  just recently i allowed a server that was in my polygon when doing a nat test and now its in west coast USA so i think i am being pushed to USA . I dont feel like i am playing in the eu server as its crisp feeling in game and i am running an A+ buffer bloat its mad i feel like I'm being deceived not a eu connection but it says it is and rooms are full of people from USA lol

Could you just clarify where abouts you're located? If you're located in Europe and you say the game feels crisp, that would suggest that you're playing on a local server in Europe somewhere.

When you're in a lobby with your friends prior to searching for a game, can you see any peer icons on the Geo-filter map? It may be that they're seen as a server so you may see a server icon instead.

won't let me deny it this happen when doing speed test i allowed this server when it was in my box but now its says its was in america and has a ping of 160ms i think theres a problem here with my location not registered .

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 21.02.08.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 21.05.01.png

• Administrators

Click on the one in the US, if it doesn't have a name on the ping panel then it is an authentication server we have allowed and won't cause you any problems as it won't impact your game ping.

That's fine, one will be an auth server most likely and the other the server itself