Moderate/Strict Nat Type

AlanCee29

So got my NetDuma R2 the other day and installed it, had an issue with a Double Nat Type, I'm using the Sky Homehub, which is an absolute shiter, mega locked down, anyways after sorting that issue I was absolutely smashing it in cod all night up until I messed about with the Geo Filter and set it to America to see how my friends ping was but then my Nat Type said Strict, so set it back to the UK and restarted the Xbox but still nothing, restarted both routers and now it's Moderate, I can't get it to Open on WZ yet it says it's Open on Xbox One, I've tried turning Geo Filtering off then waiting a few minutes and loading the game up but still showing Moderate, I'm not proper tech savvy, so any ideas would need to be in simple man's terms? 

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to confirm, have you put the R2 WAN IP in the Sky hub DMZ? If so this IP may have changed, so give it a double check, if it does differ put the new IP in and set it as static/reserved.

Are you using UPnP/port forwarding or DMZ on the R2?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to confirm, have you put the R2 WAN IP in the Sky hub DMZ? If so this IP may have changed, so give it a double check, if it does differ put the new IP in and set it as static/reserved.

Are you using UPnP/port forwarding or DMZ on the R2?

As I said, I need simple man's terms 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm not clued up on how to do all that lol when I went into my admin settings on the sky hub, it's very restrictive on what I can and cannot do

3 hours ago, AlanCee29 said:

It's the Sky Hub SR203 Fraser

Thanks! If you go to the Sky Interface and go to Advanced -> LAN IP Setup -> Address reservation, you can then add a new IP and assign it to your R2. Then go to Advanced -> WAN Setup and put the IP you just gave to the R2 where it says 'Default DMZ server'. Give both the modem and the R2 a reboot and see what your NAT type is!

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks! If you go to the Sky Interface and go to Advanced -> LAN IP Setup -> Address reservation, you can then add a new IP and assign it to your R2. Then go to Advanced -> WAN Setup and put the IP you just gave to the R2 where it says 'Default DMZ server'. Give both the modem and the R2 a reboot and see what your NAT type is!

Thanks for the reply Liam, I'm sitting here in front of the computer the now, when you say "add a new IP and assign it to your R2" I've tried to put what my IP says on the Xbox but it's saying it's not in range despite it being hard wired 🤔

🤦🏻‍♂️

On 4/13/2021 at 2:14 PM, Netduma Liam said:

The Xbox isn't connected directly to the Sky hub so this won't work, you'll need to put the WAN IP of the R2 here, this ensure that this IP address is always reserved for the R2. 

Ok done that, still when I turn it on it says Double Nat Detected, every time I turn the Xbox on and it's still showing Moderate on COD 😩

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the IP shown on the R2 System Information page and what is the IP in the DMZ on the Sky Hub? You can post them here as they're local IPs

I've mailed you Fraser 👍🏻

Done that Liam and the game is showing OPEN Nat 👍🏻

One more question tho, what about the DMZ on the DumaOS, should it be On or Off and will I need to change the DMZ address to the one I've just got from the System Information?