Internet Stops Working on R2

K1LL0G1CAL

I've recently bought the R2 and it's been pretty good so far, but recently, the internet suddenly stops working on it. At first I thought it was the ISP router, but I checked and the internet on it was working fine. Resetting the R2 does help and the internet starts working again but it seems to happen quite often now and I hate having to always reset it. I have also tried resetting both the ISP router and the R2 and the results are the same.

I’m new to all of this. I have a netduma r2 but my internet keeps going off. It’ll show that I’m still connected to my netduma network but there’s no internet. Any suggestions? I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to these routers

12 hours ago, K1LL0G1CAL said:

I've recently bought the R2 and it's been pretty good so far, but recently, the internet suddenly stops working on it. At first I thought it was the ISP router, but I checked and the internet on it was working fine. Resetting the R2 does help and the internet starts working again but it seems to happen quite often now and I hate having to always reset it. I have also tried resetting both the ISP router and the R2 and the results are the same.

By chance, have you tried accessing the R2 Router page when the internet goes out? If so, does it load or just show a white screen?

37 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

By chance, have you tried accessing the R2 Router page when the internet goes out? If so, does it load or just show a white screen?

Yes. I've tried to but it doesn't load at all.

I occasionally experience the same issue where the internet won't (Only power cycling will get it working again) load but items on my LAN will (Pi hole, NAS server) will still work with the router dashboard not working at all (white screen). Do you happen to have to IPV6 turned off on both WAN & LAN on the Network settings page?

5 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

I occasionally experience the same issue where the internet won't (Only power cycling will get it working again) load but items on my LAN will (Pi hole, NAS server) will still work with the router dashboard not working at all (white screen). Do you happen to have to IPV6 turned off on both WAN & LAN on the Network settings page?

dont work for me(lan-wifi) and the ping is timeout..

19 hours ago, K1LL0G1CAL said:

I had this issue for a few months. Cable modem is always still online. Nothing hardwired caused the internet to disconnect the router, it was wireless devices namely Ipads because my boys were on them for 3+ hours straight. I bought another cheaper router (TP-Link AX1800 WiFi6) that I could use as an access point and turned the wireless radios on the R2 completely off. My internet stopped disconnecting. Has not happened even once in a month now. Yes, spending another $100 should not be the solution to this problem but it is a fix that works. Plus I have gained more wireless range and throughput. This solution will not work for everyone because of budgets and setup environments but I am fortunate that each room in my house is hardwired so I can place the access point wherever I need to. 

• Administrators
On 4/5/2021 at 12:51 AM, K1LL0G1CAL said:

What is the model of your ISP router exactly? On that, set a static/reserved IP for the R2 then reboot the R2 from the interface, does that prevent the disconnects happening?

On 4/5/2021 at 1:56 AM, Pdb89 said:

I’m new to all of this. I have a netduma r2 but my internet keeps going off. It’ll show that I’m still connected to my netduma network but there’s no internet. Any suggestions? I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to these routers

I've responded to your topic.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:23 AM, drkerberusx said:

i have the same issue

Could you make a new topic so we can focus on your issue please?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of your ISP router exactly? On that, set a static/reserved IP for the R2 then reboot the R2 from the interface, does that prevent the disconnects happening?

It's the ISP (Xfinity) provided router. I just set a static/reserved IP for the R2 and so far so good. I'll update within the next couple of days just to be sure since the last lease time was for 2 days. I did reboot the R2 as well after setting a static IP on it.

13 hours ago, K1LL0G1CAL said:

It's the ISP (Xfinity) provided router. I just set a static/reserved IP for the R2 and so far so good. I'll update within the next couple of days just to be sure since the last lease time was for 2 days. I did reboot the R2 as well after setting a static IP on it.

OK good work, let us know how you get on! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 9:14 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK good work, let us know how you get on! :) 

So just an update, it's not been happening as much as it used to, but it still happens. However, not as often. Will this now be a regular occurrence to where I have to restart my router after so many days or is there an actual work around? Also, this seems to affect the RAPPs as well. And by that, I mean the RAPPs would sometimes not fully load and it would give the error saying it's taking awhile for the RAPP to load or something along those lines. Also, I'm not sure the Geo-filter seems to be working properly either.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:06 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for the update. These are both issues that are top priority for us at the moment so we're hoping to have them resolved or at the very least improved as soon as possible. What issues do you appear to be having with Geo-filter?

As I'm aware, the purpose of the router is to not connect you to servers in other regions, but it still however allows it. My issue is I live in NA but I have to connect to EU whenever I play with my brother since he lives in the Middle East and the servers in EU is the middle ground between he and I so we don't really lag. However, whenever I set my geo-filter to somewhere in EU, it still doesn't find games within the set filter. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also, the same issue when I try to filter servers in West NA, instead of East where I live. I have ping assist set to 55 and it still finds servers in the East instead of West.

so i guess the losin connection/internet its a thing

i know this, today i lost internet on my PC but just on the LAN side, tho other devices on LAN like my PS4 was online in the same time, so the issue seems to be just with the PC  WIFI was Online too. i reset the network adapter and wasnt gettin a IP address.  i then reboot the R2 problem fixed...       

i gotta say it would be nice an option like REBOOT SCHEDULE, i think that feature could save alot of headaches from both side customers/support, schedulin a reboot in hours noone is really usin the ineternet like when everyone is asleep could come handy.  🤞fingerscross its comin in the next update🤞

i probably open a thread for a request

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, noctwrnyA said:

so i guess the losin connection/internet its a thing

i know this, today i lost internet on my PC but just on the LAN side, tho other devices on LAN like my PS4 was online in the same time, so the issue seems to be just with the PC  WIFI was Online too. i reset the network adapter and wasnt gettin a IP address.  i then reboot the R2 problem fixed...       

i gotta say it would be nice an option like REBOOT SCHEDULE, i think that feature could save alot of headaches from both side customers/support, schedulin a reboot in hours noone is really usin the ineternet like when everyone is asleep could come handy.  🤞fingerscross its comin in the next update🤞

i probably open a thread for a request

Weird that it was just one device, if you set a reserved IP in DHCP then that may help stop that happening in future. That has been requested before so it may be implemented in the future.

ok so now im lossin connectin on all devices includin LAN, i know its the R2 because it REBOOT fix the issue, but now the issue its becomin a regular thing not good.

what should i do, flash the firmware? i got it recently with 3.0.205 on it

11 hours ago, noctwrnyA said:

ok so now im lossin connectin on all devices includin LAN, i know its the R2 because it REBOOT fix the issue, but now the issue its becomin a regular thing not good.

what should i do, flash the firmware? i got it recently with 3.0.205 on it

Did you factory reset after installing .205? This is recommended as it can clear out anything low-level left over from the previous firmware.

Well i never flash it, i ordered it n it came with .205 on, but yesterday i decided to factory reset,  so far so good

i even left wifi mirrorin on n range seems to be good, about speed, i spoke with my ISP prov. they r goin to provide me with a new modem since i got a modem/router combo tho i have it brigde it may be interfering somehow... next to do its renamin my devices ill keep u guys posted if anything change