I can’t geo filter any more on destiny server will there be an update or so to help get back into doing it or an ETA when it could be fixed I’ve tried everything from resetting the router to configuring it & also strict mode but nothing works at all. Should I just give up & return my router? I have the xr1000 & it worked well for 2 weekends now it’s like I can’t do anything anymore.

12 minutes ago, Chrisrdz18 said:

I can’t geo filter any more on destiny server will there be an update or so to help get back into doing it or an ETA when it could be fixed I’ve tried everything from resetting the router to configuring it & also strict mode but nothing works at all. Should I just give up & return my router? I have the xr1000 & it worked well for 2 weekends now it’s like I can’t do 

Bungie introduced ddos protection on Thursday and one of the side effects is it makes geo filtering incompatible. I cannot see how this can be fixed if I am being honest and certainly the noise coming from netduma support isn't encouraging.

55 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

There has to be an alternative to DumaOS I know some people may know but won't share 

That's either a great satirical user name, or I should be concerned.  

Yes I would very much like to know of alternatives as well.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I suspect you'll no longer be able to filter players and you'll just be able to filter servers like most other games with the Geo-Filter which will still give you an advantage. I've tasked the team with taking a look tomorrow and then we'll have a better idea of what is happening.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect you'll no longer be able to filter players and you'll just be able to filter servers like most other games with the Geo-Filter which will still give you an advantage. I've tasked the team with taking a look tomorrow and then we'll have a better idea of what is happening.

Well I mean I assume for $350 you would think stuff like this wouldn’t be an issue well all I can hope is to get this fixed or now I’m stuck playing against players with the worse connection from Asgard tbh by the way they are skipping across the map. By what I’m getting the geo filter is still trying to work but not as effective nor efficient as it did before. I really hope y’all can work around it & get us an update to efficiently use it again. I can’t even host lobbies for my friends anymore. 

• Administrators

If they change their matchmaking system to stop using player hosts and go to using servers exclusively that's not anything we or anyone can change and may not be something we can work around. Instead being able to force servers will be/should be possible which still will give you a good experience. What do you mean you can't host lobbies for them?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If they change their matchmaking system to stop using player hosts and go to using servers exclusively that's not anything we or anyone can change and may not be something we can work around. Instead being able to force servers will be/should be possible which still will give you a good experience. What do you mean you can't host lobbies for them?

Because I used 2 consoles to match up & helped friends that’s way. Now that doesn’t work anymore at all. Well if that’s the case I’ll probably just be returning my router. But I do appreciate your honesty & support thank you. 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Chrisrdz18 said:

Because I used 2 consoles to match up & helped friends that’s way. Now that doesn’t work anymore at all. Well if that’s the case I’ll probably just be returning my router. But I do appreciate your honesty & support thank you. 

That was never the intention of the router to provide that sort of functionality and is probably part of the reason they changed systems to stop people doing that. Either way we'll investigate, see what is happening and see what we can do about it.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That was never the intention of the router to provide that sort of functionality and is probably part of the reason they changed systems to stop people doing that. Either way we'll investigate, see what is happening and see what we can do about it.

I will be honest. I don't like the way most people speak to the staff here, so thanks for still replying fast enough (even if its your job). On the topic of matching with friends this has been a conversation full with misunderstandings and partial information. According to the Destiny 2 ToS this is not something intended but is not something illegal either, case in point being when someone on the official forums posted a powershell script to block other players except ones you manually added so people could play strikes or patrol in peace.

What people confuse with matching with friends is when a group manipulate the network to boot an enemy team, this has been a huge problem for console and it was the reason they integrated the SDR tech first. Because this people could no longer do it on PC they moved to consoles. I just wanted to clarify because I know the staff doesn't want to promote behavior against the game's ToS but this is more of a grey area.

firefox_LADArxLa94.png

14 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

I will be honest. I don't like the way most people speak to the staff here, so thanks for still replying fast enough (even if its your job). On the topic of matching with friends this has been a conversation full with misunderstandings and partial information. According to the Destiny 2 ToS this is not something intended but is not something illegal either, case in point being when someone on the official forums posted a powershell script to block other players except ones you manually added so people could play strikes or patrol in peace.

What people confuse with matching with friends is when a group manipulate the network to boot an enemy team, this has been a huge problem for console and it was the reason they integrated the SDR tech first. Because this people could no longer do it on PC they moved to consoles. I just wanted to clarify because I know the staff doesn't want to promote behavior against the game's ToS but this is more of a grey area.

firefox_LADArxLa94.png

I understand what your saying but why did Bungie stop us being able to see who your matching with while flying in on competitive game modes survival/trials/gambit?

I mean i liked playing against my friends but that's what private matches are for to do it in another game mode is boosting no matter how its looked at.

And NETDUMA as a company have been without a doubt the best customer experience I've ever had.

15 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

I understand what your saying but why did Bungie stop us being able to see who your matching with while flying in on competitive game modes survival/trials/gambit?

I mean i liked playing against my friends but that's what private matches are for to do it in another game mode is boosting no matter how its looked at.

And NETDUMA as a company have been without a doubt the best customer experience I've ever had.

You cannot complete bounties on private matches. My point is Bungie didn't push this to stop "ghost lobbies" they did it because some players were DDosing others. Not being able to match with friends is just a side effect. I asked a know ghost lobby site if they still could and they said yes by the way, curious. As for why they stopped you from seeing who you're matching it was because people were quitting games when they say the enemy team was better, so a lot of players were not getting games, if you can destiny report someone and see you have no chance then why stay? (their logic not mine)

image.png.a4204cc4b9a6f6f2556cc747ea8a1d8f.png

6 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

You cannot complete bounties on private matches. My point is Bungie didn't push this to stop "ghost lobbies" they did it because some players were DDosing others. Not being able to match with friends is just a side effect. I asked a know ghost lobby site if they still could and they said yes by the way, curious. As for why they stopped you from seeing who you're matching it was because people were quitting games when they say the enemy team was better, so a lot of players were not getting games, if you can destiny report someone and see you have no chance then why stay? (their logic not mine)

image.png.a4204cc4b9a6f6f2556cc747ea8a1d8f.png

Fair play and good luck dude.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Being brutally honest Well that’s the intended use most of the destiny players buy them for so now we’re kinda rendered useless with the routers. Because people made a business out of it. Now that it’s being stopped the community just doesn’t know what to do with them. So the geo filter being taken away made a big impacts you can still match up with each other tinkering with setting but it’s not the same outcome like it did before that’s why a lot of people are asking if there will be an update. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, dmg04 said:

Thanks for the kind words and also for clearing that up as well, it does make sense.

10 hours ago, Chrisrdz18 said:

Being brutally honest Well that’s the intended use most of the destiny players buy them for so now we’re kinda rendered useless with the routers. Because people made a business out of it. Now that it’s being stopped the community just doesn’t know what to do with them. So the geo filter being taken away made a big impacts you can still match up with each other tinkering with setting but it’s not the same outcome like it did before that’s why a lot of people are asking if there will be an update. 

You should be able to now, or at least after we have looked at it be able to filter servers like most games, if that's what the game is forcing to happen then there may not be much we can do about it. We'll do what we can and let you know the outcome.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the kind words and also for clearing that up as well, it does make sense.

You should be able to now, or at least after we have looked at it be able to filter servers like most games, if that's what the game is forcing to happen then there may not be much we can do about it. We'll do what we can and let you know the outcome.

If you can filter servers, is it possible to filter them all to guarantee a solo strike or ghost lobby? Just whitelist a few bungie servers to avoid being kicked to the start screen, and block everything else.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Jzhao said:

If you can filter servers, is it possible to filter them all to guarantee a solo strike or ghost lobby? Just whitelist a few bungie servers to avoid being kicked to the start screen, and block everything else.

That's something we'll have to look into but it's not necessarily the intention of the Geo-Filter. We'll take a look, put out a cloud update if needed and can go from there

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's something we'll have to look into but it's not necessarily the intention of the Geo-Filter. We'll take a look, put out a cloud update if needed and can go from there

Thank you kindly. It may sound trite but I know some people from Venezuela who actually make a living by playing the game, shows how much their currency has declined they told me that if the situation cannot be fixed they will have to go back to farming gold on Runescape for $2/h. I bring it up because some people condemn those who try to make a living out of this but then turn a blind eye to streamers making raffles on Twitch or outright selling account recoveries which incidentally IS a breach of the ToS and impact players (smurfing), yet Bungie not only turns a blind eye to that but also play with said streamers.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

Thank you kindly. It may sound trite but I know some people from Venezuela who actually make a living by playing the game, shows how much their currency has declined they told me that if the situation cannot be fixed they will have to go back to farming gold on Runescape for $2/h. I bring it up because some people condemn those who try to make a living out of this but then turn a blind eye to streamers making raffles on Twitch or outright selling account recoveries which incidentally IS a breach of the ToS and impact players (smurfing), yet Bungie not only turns a blind eye to that but also play with said streamers.

If we can do anything and in my opinion I don't think there will be then we will but if they have changed their whole matchmaking system there won't be much we can do. We'll take a look though.

21 minutes ago, Illamathegoat said:

Well ghost lobbies got patched. The current sdr protection does not allow matchmaking. There has to be a way around this. I can’t get a job during the pandemic and I rely on this to make some income  

Sorry to hear that, we will take a look at the game but we may not be able to do anything unfortunately as their systems may have changed too much.