WTFast built into NetDuma R2?

Hey, I understand that having support for WTFast might not be for everyone but I think it would be pretty amazing for us OCE gamers. I use it for connecting to US West servers which I find WTFast can be pretty helpful with. I did  see another post requesting such a feature and there was mention that it MIGHT be considered at some point. Any updates?

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the suggestion! It's not something we've looked into as yet but I'm not going to rule it out entirely, I don't have experience with WTFast personally but I suppose if they were to provide OVPN configuration files, it may work with Hybrid VPN?

I dont know how Netduma designed the Hybrid VPN thing. The  VPN connection is very stable using Hybrid VPN. But if I use the windows PC client on my PC, its unstable, and that's the case with all the many VPN's I've tried. 

But yes, even I would love to see support for WTfast or other such route optimising softwares. 

WTFast is a bit of smoke and mirrors and has been proven so. Go check out battlenonsense's channel on youtube where he goes deep into testing it, Chris is very knowledgeable regarding networking and is well respected. It is snake oil, pure and simple. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/BattleNonSense/videos

That was an interesting video, I respect Chris’ opinion also. Like he said though, the only way to know is to try it. So I did, I used WTFast when connecting to US West servers for both Halo MCC and Apex Legends.. Halo seen a small improvement but seemed more stable when refreshing the in game ping list. Apex Legends was a funny one, I connect to Oregon and the ping was around 20/30ms lower in game with the performance stats on. The WTFast app does seems to report crazy improvements though and don’t think they can relied upon. Also I understand that it may be because Aussie Broadbands routing isn’t optimal to US West

• Administrators

Just my 2cents but in my opinion, in places like Europe and the US where there are a lot of servers for games and generally the internet infrastructure is decent it won't make much of a difference. For places like the Middle East, Asia etc where there aren't many servers and the routing isn't as good it can lower the ping. I've seen users on the forum in the Middle East save around 30ms by using these types of services.

I can confirm. I save 170ms using Express VPN to connect to a middle east server (not the one hosted by AWS). But I use it for finding Bot lobbies successfully. Very few ISP's have good routeing to that server, and hence low player population. I get bot lobbies 80% times. 

6 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

I can confirm. I save 170ms using Express VPN to connect to a middle east server (not the one hosted by AWS). But I use it for finding Bot lobbies successfully. Very few ISP's have good routeing to that server, and hence low player population. I get bot lobbies 80% times. 

Is this for Apex Legends or cod warzone? Or a completely different game?