Geo-Filter will not load

9 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

No, If I was to go with the XR2 then I would not bother with the Dream Machine. 

I'm after the UDM Pro SE.. Ubiquiti told me it was a 2 month wait to get this model. I have tried  a few suppliers i use and there have all said you can only get it directly with Ubiquiti.

It was on the store the other day but you have to be quick but as it’s EA the hardware may change on the final version. 

6 hours ago, Newfie said:

It was on the store the other day but you have to be quick but as it’s EA the hardware may change on the final version. 

Yeah tbh i dont think i will go for it now.. I might just buy the R2 until the XR500 is fixed.

9 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Yeah tbh i dont think i will go for it now.. I might just buy the R2 until the XR500 is fixed.

I think that’s a wise move as many don’t like EA units. The R2 QoS is better than the very simple QoS on the UDM range and the latest update have screwed up the QoS on my UDM and I’ve seen other report issues too. 
Wifi will not be an issue as I’m guessing you have that covered so it should be a good setup.

tbh I'm a little frustrated the way the XR500 has gone. I've had issue after issue with this router. I've been a network engineer for around 15 years and never had so many issues with a router yet.

The dropouts yesterday were that bad I've decided today to put in a cheap TP-link router I had lying around.

5 hours ago, Dialatech said:

tbh I'm a little frustrated the way the XR500 has gone. I've had issue after issue with this router. I've been a network engineer for around 15 years and never had so many issues with a router yet.

The dropouts yesterday were that bad I've decided today to put in a cheap TP-link router I had lying around.

Have to be honest my XR500 was pretty stable and the only real issue was I lost a channel on the 2.4 band and the router was replaced foc. Are you DHCP or PPPoE connection?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dialatech said:

I don't think it will be too much longer for an update but I can see that's a little hard to believe in your situation.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think it will be too much longer for an update but I can see that's a little hard to believe in your situation.

At the point I think I have lost all faith in Netgear...but we can only hope. 

When the XR500 works its quite a good router tbh.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Any closer on getting a new firmware yet? 

Yes, we've been working on two new systems for both building and testing firmware. This means we can automatically build new firmware the moment a developer commits a new fix/feature, then run it through our automated testing platform before it gets to our QA team. These are both nearly fully implemented and we're testing them out now on each new firmware built.

Once this is done, we'll be able to build new firmware for the NPG range. I've discussed it with the team and it's a priority for us to get new firmware out for all of these routers as it's been a while!

I don't have an ETA to give as there's a lot of factors at play, but rest assured we're working on this every day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Yes, we've been working on two new systems for both building and testing firmware. This means we can automatically build new firmware the moment a developer commits a new fix/feature, then run it through our automated testing platform before it gets to our QA team. These are both nearly fully implemented and we're testing them out now on each new firmware built.

Once this is done, we'll be able to build new firmware for the NPG range. I've discussed it with the team and it's a priority for us to get new firmware out for all of these routers as it's been a while!

I don't have an ETA to give as there's a lot of factors at play, but rest assured we're working on this every day.

Thanks, Ive never question Netduma work ethic but i have questioned Netgears work ethic ha ha 

I really hope you get this firmware update out asap. My friend has the same issue as me now after updating to the latest firmware. DHCP just fails at random times. Only way to fix this is to reboot the router.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We trying to ascertain what fixes they have done and will get back to you

I can confirm it does not fix the DHCP issue. 

Updated to the latest firmware last night, This morning no internet. Had to reboot the router.

Gone back to my other router again until there is another firmware to test

1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

I can confirm it does not fix the DHCP issue. 

Updated to the latest firmware last night, This morning no internet. Had to reboot the router.

Gone back to my other router again until there is another firmware to test

Sorry to hear this, did you factory reset after installing the firmware? I'll make sure this get's fed-back to the team.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear this, did you factory reset after installing the firmware? I'll make sure this get's fed-back to the team.

Yeah applied the firmware and then factory reset the router and then used it. I thought it was all fixed last night until this morning when i got up and DHCP had failed.

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Yeah applied the firmware and then factory reset the router and then used it. I thought it was all fixed last night until this morning when i got up and DHCP had failed.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I'm collating any outstanding issues that weren't fixed with this firmware, then we'll discuss it with Netgear.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, Netduma Liam said:

OK, thanks for letting me know. I'm collating any outstanding issues that weren't fixed with this firmware, then we'll discuss it with Netgear.

Its crazy how it was not fixed in this firmware tbh. I've had this problem since march...I gone out and bought a different router just to have a stable internet. It cost me 30 pound and DHCP works just fine on it...But a 200 pound router and a larger manufacturer cant get it to work.

Its crazy how it was not fixed in this firmware tbh. I've had this problem since march...I gone out and bought a different router just to have a stable internet. It cost me 30 pound and DHCP works just fine on it...But a 200 pound router and a larger manufacturer cant get it to work.

Totally get that, as soon as we realised I made the team aware and have made sure remaining problems like this have been relayed to Netgear almost immediately. Thankfully, due to the new systems we have in place new firmwares are being built way fast so you won't have to wait nearly this long again for another firmware. 

I've also discussed with a couple of devs if there's anything we can do to speed up the process of fixing this issue, hopefully that will mean that we can have it resolved for the next firmware.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Totally get that, as soon as we realised I made the team aware and have made sure remaining problems like this have been relayed to Netgear almost immediately. Thankfully, due to the new systems we have in place new firmwares are being built way fast so you won't have to wait nearly this long again for another firmware. 

I've also discussed with a couple of devs if there's anything we can do to speed up the process of fixing this issue, hopefully that will mean that we can have it resolved for the next firmware.

Thank you. Ive always rated Netduma but Netgear i think this will be my last router with them.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Any word on when the next firmware release will be and hopefully this time it will fix the DHCP issues......

We don't have an ETA, we are working to bring it up to speed as fast as possible!

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have an ETA, we are working to bring it up to speed as fast as possible!

I appreciate that but this router has had DHCP issues since March LAST YEAR...250 pound for a router that cant even do the basics of a router. You would have thought there would be a real urgency on this to get it fixed.