Geo-Filter will not load

After a quite a bit of troubleshooting I have managed to pin down 2 devices that it could be. I have a set of LED Alexa outdoor lights and a Broadlink receiver.. I think its one of these. I switched both of them off last night,, I had no issues at all and i thought i had resolved the issue. but then this morning both devices are on and I'm not having the issue anymore. So more troubleshooting is needed

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, could be if you haven't particularly used those devices yet then it may not cause it. Looking forward to hearing what is causing it, keep us posted!

So Yesterday I did more troubleshooting and I'm no closer to finding the issue. The Geo-Filter has been working fine without any issues loading since I switched both devices off and back on again. One think i have noticed is i cant get a Open NAT type on Cold War or Warzone now. I have tried everything. Port forwarding, switch Upnp off and then on again. Adding my PC to the DMZ on the router.

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

So Yesterday I did more troubleshooting and I'm no closer to finding the issue. The Geo-Filter has been working fine without any issues loading since I switched both devices off and back on again. One think i have noticed is i cant get a Open NAT type on Cold War or Warzone now. I have tried everything. Port forwarding, switch Upnp off and then on again. Adding my PC to the DMZ on the router.

Could you instead DMZ the router on the upstream modem/router? Could you also show us the port forwarding rule you've created?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you instead DMZ the router on the upstream modem/router? Could you also show us the port forwarding rule you've created?

Ive deleted the port forwarding rule now. Due to it not working

The virgin media super DUD in modem mode does not allow you to use the DMZ feature. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Ive deleted the port forwarding rule now. Due to it not working

The virgin media super DUD in modem mode does not allow you to use the DMZ feature. 

I assume you're checking this in game? If you disable the Geo-Filter prior to booting it up does it work? If not go to Windows Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking - let the test run, it will most likely fail. Then click fix it and when available test again, does that say Open? If so check on the game, is it open as well?

• Administrators

If the PC is open then the game can't possibly be moderate, that must be a misreading. Do you have any friends that have a strict NAT? The real test would be seeing whether you can connect to them or not - if you can't then the reading is real, if you can then you are open and can ignore the reading.

• Administrators

You definitely shouldn't have had a problem, open NAT can connect to both moderate and strict as well as open. Were they on different platforms?

Could you take the V hub out of modem mode and put the R2 in its DMZ instead? 

So i have done few tests tonight.

I have took the XR500 out of the loop altogether. I put the V Hub into Router modem and opened COD - Open Nat Type - All Good 

Next test was to put the XR500 in the DMZ of the V Hub  - Done that and opened COD - Moderate NAT Type 

Then i decided to put the V Hub back into Modem Mode and get my Old Netduma R1 router. plugged it in and opened COD and Open NAT type.

Unplugged the R1 and plugged in the XR500, Opened COD and Moderate NAT Type.

Its deffo something to do with the XR500 router why i'm getting a moderate NAT type- Its always been OPEN tho until the last firmware flash a few days ago.

Just FYI i'm running the running Firmware XR500 V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

So i have done few tests tonight.

I have took the XR500 out of the loop altogether. I put the V Hub into Router modem and opened COD - Open Nat Type - All Good 

Next test was to put the XR500 in the DMZ of the V Hub  - Done that and opened COD - Moderate NAT Type 

Then i decided to put the V Hub back into Modem Mode and get my Old Netduma R1 router. plugged it and opened COD and Open NAT type.

Unplugged the R1 and plugged in the XR500, Opened COD and Moderate NAT Type.

Its deffo something to do with the XR500 router why i'm getting a moderate NAT type- Its always been OPEN tho until the last firmware flash a few days ago.

Just FYI i'm running the running Firmware XR500 V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203

Thanks for the tests, I'll see if we can reproduce this and get back to you.

Sorry me again! Been getting slot of dropped connections over weekend. Around 12 times since Friday afternoon. Only way to fix it,is to restart the XR500. I'm having a rough time with this router and I'm finding it hard not to switch to another router.

• Administrators

Give the latest firmware ago - .120 - NG included a fix for disconnections caused by DHCP so hopefully that would resolve the disconnects you're having.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/2071196/jump-to/first-unread-message

Would recommend a factory reset after but appreciate that may not be possible.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Give the latest firmware ago - .120 - NG included a fix for disconnections caused by DHCP so hopefully that would resolve the disconnects you're having.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/2071196/jump-to/first-unread-message

Would recommend a factory reset after but appreciate that may not be possible.

I have already done this on Friday and it's been happening more. I also did a factory reset after the firmware was finished. 

6 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that, is this with your V Hub in modem mode or not? 

Yeah it was in  modem mode. So last night before I went to bed I removed the XR500 and put the super dud into router mode and I have had no drops at all today. So it's deffo an issue with the XR500. I love the dumaOS intentions and I love the features the router as when there work but I'm slowly starting to get fed up of having issues with this router. I'm going to put the XR500 back into the network now. Give it one last chance and if it drops again then I have no choice to buy a new router. 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Yeah it was in  modem mode. So last night before I went to bed I removed the XR500 and put the super dud into router mode and I have had no drops at all today. So it's deffo an issue with the XR500. I love the dumaOS intentions and I love the features the router as when there work but I'm slowly starting to get fed up of having issues with this router. I'm going to put the XR500 back into the network now. Give it one last chance and if it drops again then I have no choice to buy a new router. 

I totally understand the frustation this must be having. Keep the V hub in router mode when you reconnect it and on the V hub give the XR a static/reserved IP and see if it is any better.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I totally understand the frustation this must be having. Keep the V hub in router mode when you reconnect it and on the V hub give the XR a static/reserved IP and see if it is any better.

Will do. Connecting it now.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Will do. Connecting it now.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I totally understand the frustration this must be having. Keep the V hub in router mode when you reconnect it and on the V hub give the XR a static/reserved IP and see if it is any better.

Connected the V Hub in router mode and then give the XR a static IP address. Connection dropped 3 times last night. This morning i have put the V Hub into Modem mode again and i have flashed the firmware with .120 again and then factory reset..We will see how today goes..

5 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Connected the V Hub in router mode and then give the XR a static IP address. Connection dropped 3 times last night. This morning i have put the V Hub into Modem mode again and i have flashed the firmware with .120 again and then factory reset..We will see how today goes..

Thank you, let us know how you get on with it.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thank you, let us know how you get on with it.

Well its 19:16pm and the connection has only dropped once today. 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Well its 19:16pm and the connection has only dropped once today. 

Progress I suppose! Let us know what happens tomorrow, if it occurs again then may be worth getting some logs to give to the XR lead

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Progress I suppose! Let us know what happens tomorrow, if it occurs again then may be worth getting some logs to give to the XR lead

Yeah made a little progress yesterday. Hopefully we will see more improvement today