Geo-Filter will not load

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back again! So over the last few nights. it gets around 3am and the router deny's DHCP requests and drops the connection. restarting the router fixes the issue but it should not have this issue to start with. Any suggestions?

• Administrators

That must be the public IP renewing, I suspect they would do it at that time to cause minimum interruption. While NG look into it, do you think you could contact VM and get them to extend the lease time to a week?

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That must be the public IP renewing, I suspect they would do it at that time to cause minimum interruption. While NG look into it, do you think you could contact VM and get them to extend the lease time to a week?

My public IP is a static IP address - It has not changed in around 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can see you've posted with another IP in this topic starting with 217, did you use another connection to post in this topic at all? If not then it does change

Yeah i have used a few different connections to post in this forum over the past few years. 217. is my mam's ip address.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you access the V Hub go to Admin > Info - what does it say the IPv4 lease time is?

There is no info on lease time

I get the following details

Hub 3.0 device information

The information below shows current status of this Hub 3.0.

Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version : 11
Software version : 9.1.1912.302
Cable MAC address : Removed
Cable modem serial number : Removed
System up time : 2h:51m:32s
Network access : Allowed

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay do you have the static IP information so that you could enter that into the XR if you use the V hub in Modem mode?

Yes i have all that information and i already have it in the XR

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case I'm not sure what else I can suggest at this stage as you will definitely need the fix to have it work consistently, none of the workarounds I can think of are working

Been working from home today and the router stopped sending out IP address around 8 times today. Every time needing a reboot the router to fix the issue. I dont want to leave the netduma family but I think I have a choice here. nothing i try fixes the issue.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Been working from home today and the router stopped sending out IP address around 8 times today. Every time needing a reboot the router to fix the issue. I dont want to leave the netduma family but I think I have a choice here. nothing i try fixes the issue.

They're not ready with a fix yet unfortunately so looks like you will need to use another router in the meantime so you're not interrupted during important tasks.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're not ready with a fix yet unfortunately so looks like you will need to use another router in the meantime so you're not interrupted during important tasks.

Any chance you could find out a rough time frame when a fix may be able?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

Any chance you could find out a rough time frame when a fix may be able?

I'll ask the XR500 lead and get back to you when I can with an ETA if he is able to provide one.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll ask the XR500 lead and get back to you when I can with an ETA if he is able to provide one.

I have decided to use a different router due to the issue with Netgear. I will give Netgear a few months to resolve the issue and then I will just go and buy a Unifi Dream Machine Router.

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

I have decided to use a different router due to the issue with Netgear. I will give Netgear a few months to resolve the issue and then I will just go and buy a Unifi Dream Machine Router.

OK, thank you again for your patience, I hope we can get this resolved for you so you can continue using DumaOS!

• 5 weeks later...

Any news yet on a new update to fix the DHCP issue.

I'm now having this issue around 4-5 per day. Only thing to get it back is to switch the router off and then back on again.

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Any news yet on a new update to fix the DHCP issue.

I'm now having this issue around 4-5 per day. Only thing to get it back is to switch the router off and then back on again.

I haven't heard an update as yet, I'll speak with the team and see if we've heard any kind of an ETA and get back to you if we have.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I haven't heard an update as yet, I'll speak with the team and see if we've heard any kind of an ETA and get back to you if we have.

Okay thanks for your quick response 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

Any response from the team... Its been 13 working days since you replied to this thread.

I'm afraid we haven't heard anything as yet, we'll need to follow up with NG and see where they are with it as it's on their side.