Slow download spped

Danno1016

I am currently downloading season 2 of warzone for COD and it is only downloading at like 6MB/s. I am confused on why this download speed is so low because when I test my internet I get 230MBp/s. Is there anyway I can get the download speed higher?

7 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I am currently downloading season 2 of warzone for COD and it is only downloading at like 6MB/s. I am confused on why this download speed is so low because when I test my internet I get 230MBp/s. Is there anyway I can get the download speed higher?

I sometimes also have this problem when i download on release day. Somehow i think Activision might have a download speed limit to keep servers in check. 

13 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I'm sure on release days it is crazy but even on different things I upload and download I am getting slow speeds. And I have my PS4 connected to the 2.4 WiFi and I lag for some reason. 

Are you able to connect via wired? This is the best way to ensure a reliable connection.

How far from your R2 is your PS4? Are there any obstructions between the PS4 and the R2 (i.e walls, floors/ceilings)? What speeds do you expect to receive and what are you actually receiving?

I am not able to connect to the R2 via wired because it is too far. It is a couple rooms away with 2 walls in the way from my pc and my PS4. When I run the speed test on netdumas website I get the speeds I am supposed to get which is 230mbps Download and 12Mbps upload. But when I am downloading stuff on my pc I am only getting about 8Mbps download speed(This is connected to the 5Ghz). On my PS$ which is connected to the 2.4Ghz Wifi when I test the speed there I am only getting about 30Mbps download and 4Mbps upload.

13 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I am not able to connect to the R2 via wired because it is too far. It is a couple rooms away with 2 walls in the way from my pc and my PS4. When I run the speed test on netdumas website I get the speeds I am supposed to get which is 230mbps Download and 12Mbps upload. But when I am downloading stuff on my pc I am only getting about 8Mbps download speed(This is connected to the 5Ghz). On my PS$ which is connected to the 2.4Ghz Wifi when I test the speed there I am only getting about 30Mbps download and 4Mbps upload.

Have you only noticed this with Warzone or do all downloads on you PC hit these speeds? Often there's more variables at play in these scenarios such as the servers you're downloading from etc.

• Administrators

When you said you were testing speeds, were you referring to Connection Benchmark? If so that is a test directly from the router so the WiFi/walls/environment isn't a factor there so it will be higher. What firmware version are you on at the moment? I would recommend using a WiFi analyzer on the PC - there is a free version called WiFi analyzer on the Microsoft store for Windows. Then change the channels on the router to the least busy ones. 

11 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

Yes the speed test was from connection benchmark. I am currently on 3.0.205 version for the R2.

OK that's why then, go ahead and try the latest steps Fraser suggest with a Wi-Fi analyser and let us know if this improves things.

• Administrators

Provide a screenshot of what you see for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz, for example like this: 

image.png

and we can suggest a channel that might be best - it also suggests a channel for you to use at the bottom.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CRarsenxL said:

I can say the R2 has slower download throughout ; my xr1000 had hit 500 consistently!  (Goes for all speed tests) + wired

strange tho upload was fine 

Yeah the XR1000 WiFi is much stronger than the R2, we are working on improvements to try and get that throughput up though