Is port forwarding necessary?

Andpodepah

Hey guys blz. One doubt, I always played with moderate Nat PS4 / PS5 and I never had any problems, including my hit detection improved a lot with Netduma R2. However I would like to know from you if, moderate NAT to Open will better influence my communication with the game server that uses UDP 3074. Is it necessary to order doors?

1 hour ago, Andpodepah said:

Hey guys blz. One doubt, I always played with moderate Nat PS4 / PS5 and I never had any problems, including my hit detection improved a lot with Netduma R2. However I would like to know from you if, moderate NAT to Open will better influence my communication with the game server that uses UDP 3074. Is it necessary to order doors?

Thanks for posting! In theory, this shouldn't directly affect your in-game experience, but if it's preventing you from connecting to a low latency server then this will have an affect. Are you able to easily attain an Open NAT but choose to stick to Moderate or have you had troubles getting an Open NAT?

got it.
I never had any problems opening NAT, however, at the discretion of more knowledge I would really like your opinion if it is necessary to open nat or leave it moderate and if you have any impact, positive  or negative to use moderately. because I see a lot of people playing moderately.

Id say this.. Years ago we always strived to have an Open Nat.. But even now im finding myself having better game play with Moderate or even Strict NAT type.. Why is this happening?? Honestly I have no idea why this is.. Its a mystery to me.. Because years ago if one didnt have an open NAT one would get just wrecked in a game.. Now today its just the other way around it seems.. I would do what gives you your best gaming experience.. Thats my current conclusion.. Even though it doesnt make sense..lol.. 

Zippy..

14 hours ago, Zippy said:

Eu diria isso .. Anos atrás, sempre nos esforçamos para ter um Nat aberto .. Mas mesmo agora estou me descobrindo tendo um jogo melhor com o tipo de NAT moderado ou mesmo restrito .. Por que isso está acontecendo ?? Honestamente, eu não tenho ideia do por que isso .. É um mistério para mim .. Porque anos atrás, se alguém não tivesse um NAT aberto, ficaria apenas destruído em um jogo .. Agora, parece que é o contrário .. Eu faria o que lhe dá a sua melhor experiência de jogo .. Essa é a minha conclusão atual .. Mesmo que não faça sentido .. lol .. 

Zippy ..

Yes man
I will do some more analysis during the game, but I have a slight impression of how moderate I feel in anticipation of other players in the warzone. i get the first shot i kill first.

• Administrators

It's not necessary to get an open NAT - NAT really just affects who you're able to connect to - you'll be able to connect to those with an open NAT with no issues. The only way I could think moderate NAT might help you is with lag compensation - they may think those with mode NATs have a worse connection genereally.

17 hours ago, Zippy said:

Id say this.. Years ago we always strived to have an Open Nat.. But even now im finding myself having better game play with Moderate or even Strict NAT type.. Why is this happening?? Honestly I have no idea why this is.. Its a mystery to me.. Because years ago if one didnt have an open NAT one would get just wrecked in a game.. Now today its just the other way around it seems.. I would do what gives you your best gaming experience.. Thats my current conclusion.. Even though it doesnt make sense..lol.. 

Zippy..

I always used to play on Mod NAT on BOps3 and IW and have 0 issues.

With MW19, if I use anything but Open (besides struggling to find matches as I play a low playercount gamemode) I have dodgy hit reg and shoot first die first issues.

On 23/02/2021 at 13:30, Netduma Fraser said:

Não é necessário obter um NAT aberto - o NAT realmente afeta apenas a quem você é capaz de se conectar - você poderá se conectar àqueles com um NAT aberto sem problemas. A única maneira que eu poderia pensar que o NAT moderado pode ajudá-lo é com a compensação de atraso - eles podem pensar que aqueles com NATs de modo geralmente têm uma conexão pior.

I understand perfectly.
maybe that's why I feel anticipated playing warzone with moderate nat. that is, my connection gets better.