R2 not pulling WAN IP from modem

fatal0Efx

Ever since I got my R2 it's had issues pulling a WAN IP from my ISP/Modem. 

Sometimes after several reboots of both devices it will finally get it. 

Most of the time the dashboard says WAN disconnected or oddly sometimes it pulls a WAN IP of an internal network, 192.168.100.x.  I have no clue where it would pull such an IP from. The modem is just a modem, not a router. 

Plugging my computer into the modem pulls the external ISP IP without issue with a simple ipconfig /renew. 

Why is the R2 having so many problems in this area? I'm at a point now where I want to throw this POS away because I've spent over an hour now trying to get back online to no avail. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in response.  Once I got it working I stopped messing with it as I don't have the time or patience to test further.  At any rate, I just upgraded to .205 and upgrade went well.  Still has the WAN IP, though again I'm not willing to reset or do anything else that may trigger the issue again at this time.  Hopefully your other user having same problem can help you identify with their testing.

9 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

Sorry for the delay in response.  Once I got it working I stopped messing with it as I don't have the time or patience to test further.  At any rate, I just upgraded to .205 and upgrade went well.  Still has the WAN IP, though again I'm not willing to reset or do anything else that may trigger the issue again at this time.  Hopefully your other user having same problem can help you identify with their testing.

OK thank you for confirming. Let us know if you'd like to proceed with any more troubleshooting in the future!