XR500 Beta Feedback..

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Thanks for the detailed answer Fraser! I will do as you mentioned and report back with my results..

Have a good evening/night! 

You must be close to quitting time. ;) 

Zippy.

Interested to hear your results! Thanks and you, yes almost finished for the day! :)

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Tick Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection and keep Respong to ping unticked would be my recommendation, you can try it that way around if you like but if it's literally like it sounds and just responding to ICMP then I doubt it would help with the issue. The only way I would use it is if I was running a local server or something like that that I want to access remotely, the server goes down and you want to check if your Internet has gone you could ping the public IP and get a response or lack there of if it was down. Not really something many would need in a gaming router I suspect!

Is it possible for me to get access to beta testing on xr500 i bought one for trying out till r1 gets fixed and i like the xr500 alot and im curious if party chat works on it

Hello @Netduma Fraser.. What is the most current Beta 3.0 firmware for the XR500?  I thought a new release just came out.. Wasnt sure but figured id ask you..

If you could post a link here that would be great!

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, ryekye said:

Is it possible for me to get access to beta testing on xr500 i bought one for trying out till r1 gets fixed and i like the xr500 alot and im curious if party chat works on it

36 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hello @Netduma Fraser.. What is the most current Beta 3.0 firmware for the XR500?  I thought a new release just came out.. Wasnt sure but figured id ask you..

If you could post a link here that would be great!

Thanks!

Zippy.

You can both find the latest beta version that we posted today here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/m-p/2071566

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can both find the latest beta version that we posted today here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/m-p/2071566

Your the best Fraser! Thanks for the link! :) 

Zippy..

Hello @Netduma Fraser.. I have a question pertaining to the most current beta firmware.. .120. Is it normal now to have QoS fully disabled in this new firmware by default? I did do a full factory reset after i uploaded the new firmware to the XR500.. And notice that QoS was fully disabled.. Wasnt sure if that is normal or not now.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Hello @Netduma Fraser.. I have a question pertaining to the most current beta firmware.. .120. Is it normal now to have QoS fully disabled in this new firmware by default? I did do a full factory reset after i uploaded the new firmware to the XR500.. And notice that QoS was fully disabled.. Wasnt sure if that is normal or not now.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

No it isn't, there have been some reports it isn't factory resetting correctly but we've been unable to reproduce it so far - I suspect that is what has happened here

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it isn't, there have been some reports it isn't factory resetting correctly but we've been unable to reproduce it so far - I suspect that is what has happened here

Thanks Fraser!

Do you happen to have any tricks up your sleeve for me to try to have a fully successful factory reset? I believe that is what is taking place here as well.. 

Thanks my friend!

Zippy.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Thanks Fraser!

Do you happen to have any tricks up your sleeve for me to try to have a fully successful factory reset? I believe that is what is taking place here as well.. 

Thanks my friend!

Zippy.

You could try going to routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and factory resetting there, would be interested to hear if that makes a difference!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could try going to routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and factory resetting there, would be interested to hear if that makes a difference!

I will give that a go! And report back to let you know how it went. Is there anything in particular one can watch for to know if the XR500 has had a successful factory reset? Should I just watch and see if QoS is disabled completely again? Or is there something else I should also check? 

Thanks again!

Zippy.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Zippy said:

I will give that a go! And report back to let you know how it went. Is there anything in particular one can watch for to know if the XR500 has had a successful factory reset? Should I just watch and see if QoS is disabled completely again? Or is there something else I should also check? 

Thanks again!

Zippy.

QoS is one, if you've added any entries to Allow & Deny on the Geo-Filter. Unping all panels on the dashboard prior to the reset as well. Put QoS at 50% as well as adding a few rules to Traffic Prio - it seems to affect QoS more.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

QoS is one, if you've added any entries to Allow & Deny on the Geo-Filter. Unping all panels on the dashboard prior to the reset as well. Put QoS at 50% as well as adding a few rules to Traffic Prio - it seems to affect QoS more.

Thanks Fraser! Will do! :) 

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just installed the beta file and im quite impressed with how the xr500 is working party chat works too on xbox hopefully when i try out geofilter itll still work though

Hace 7 horas, Zippy dijo:

¡Gracias Fraser! ¡Servirá!:) 

Enérgico.

A mi me paso lo mismo después de actualizar a .120 hice el respectivo procedimiento hice el restablecimiento de fábrica desde la interfaz del xr500 y la sorpresa fue que no cargaba el apartado QOS O NO CARGABA LA PRIORIZACIÓN DE TRÁFICO. 
en las anteriores betas me pasaba lo mismo, la única manera de que me desaparezca este error fue apagar el xr500 y encenderlo después de 3 minutos, al encenderlo tenéis que tener presionado el botón reset y una vez presionado el botón meter el cable de la energía del router no soltarlo hasta que parpadee al menos 3 veces en naranja 🍊 y pa lante eso si que borra todo.

también comentarles que a partir de estas actualización se me borro el server español no aparece al entrar al juego ni cuando buscas una partida.

8 hours ago, Fabricio said:

The same thing happened to me after updating to .120, I did the respective procedure, I did the factory reset from the xr500 interface and the surprise was that it did not load the QOS section OR IT DID NOT LOAD THE TRAFFIC PRIORITIZATION. 
In the previous betas the same thing happened to me, the only way to make this error disappear was to turn off the xr500 and turn it on after 3 minutes, when turning it on you have to press the reset button and once you press the button insert the power cable of the router, do not release it until it blinks at least 3 times in orange 🍊 and before that, it clears everything.

Also tell them that as of these updates I have deleted the Spanish server does not appear when entering the game or when you search for a game.

Gracias por retroalimentarnos, ¿está todo funcionando correctamente ahora?

¿En qué juego no ves un servidor español? Eso no será como resultado de la actualización del firmware y, por lo general, podemos solucionarlo con bastante rapidez.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Gracias por retroalimentarnos, ¿está todo funcionando correctamente ahora?

¿En qué juego no ves un servidor español? Eso no será como resultado de la actualización del firmware y, por lo general, podemos solucionarlo con bastante rapidez.

Hola buenas noches aún sigo sin ver el server español he vuelto hacer un reset y todo correcto, me comentan colegas que tienen routers netgear que les está pasando a ellos también así que no es solo conmigo sino en general a ver si con alguna actualización en la nube lo restablecen con un poco de suerte ???

Just now, Fabricio said:

Hola buenas noches aún sigo sin ver el server español he vuelto hacer un reset y todo correcto, me comentan colegas que tienen routers netgear que les está pasando a ellos también así que no es solo conmigo sino en general a ver si con alguna actualización en la nube lo restablecen con un poco de suerte ???

Juego ha modern warfare, ww2 y cold war

Loving the beta version thanks Fraser 👍

Haven’t encountered any issues so far so good 3rd day.

So I  played cod ghost last night i couldn’t believe it no lag hit detection was on par/ honestly the connection was flawless this isn’t normal lol 😂  on average my  kill ratio is between 25-30+ but last night hit 46 etc.
thanks team

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Will said:

Loving the beta version thanks Fraser 👍

Haven’t encountered any issues so far so good 3rd day.

So I  played cod ghost last night i couldn’t believe it no lag hit detection was on par/ honestly the connection was flawless this isn’t normal lol 😂  on average my  kill ratio is between 25-30+ but last night hit 46 etc.
thanks team

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback!

On 3/18/2021 at 2:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey Fraser, When you say factory reset from there what do you exactly mean? Log into the router with the above then push the little reset button from the back?

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey Fraser, When you say factory reset from there what do you exactly mean? Log into the router with the above then push the little reset button from the back?

Thanks!

Zippy.

Sorry, I meant, it should take you to the settings page without DumaOS so factory reset from Administration, Backup settings > erase

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, I meant, it should take you to the settings page without DumaOS so factory reset from Administration, Backup settings > erase

Thanks Fraser! I will give it a go!

Ive tried the traditional way of factory resetting and have had no luck at all.. Ive tried that several times.. I think this is likely causing alot of issues.. Hopefully that is also why I get those odd Dos Attacks on ports 443, 80 along with others.. The minute those take place its basically game over type deal..

One other strange thing I noticed after trying to factory reset from the back of the router is with no port forwarding no upnp no DMZ no port triggering NAT set to secured using IPV4 only my Xbox still reports Open NAT.. Which is not correct at all..

I will try your method soon here.. Thanks for the detailed method.. Im assuming once I click the erase button that will begin the factory reset? I just want to document this properly to make sure im doing everything as you stated.. And to see if we can get this to fully factory reset..

Thanks my friend!

Zippy.