Anyone else having bother with destiny 2 geo filter?

Random Name

I have 2 playstations set up, 1 ps4 and 1 ps5. I haven't done trials carrys is a while but usually it went smoothly. I would have 1 team on each console and use my geo filter to make them match up. 

Now when i match the geo filter just does not work. Im matching random teams and and if i do match the other console on the super rare occasion it always chooses the same console as host. 

Before i was having trouble i was using 2 playstation 4 consoles. Could changing one of them to a ps5 be the problem? 

Or has the net duma support just went fown the toilet? 

No offense. But you keep saying this when the issue is brought up. I can pretty much guarantee that this is why many if not most bought your devices for. Its not cheating. it hurts no one. In fact I had never even heard of NetDuma until someone doing this told me. As to the gentleman who started the topic. I have 2 Xbox One's. I also have a series X. You cant match a next gen machine up correctly. You would need 2 PS4s or 2 PS5s. For whatever reason the Series X for me, wont match correctly with any other console generation. I bought my XR300 just to do trials with my friends. But the firmware doesnt work right. I have to use just the stock firmware. As I said no offense to the staff here. But the answer is always "Thats not what its meant for!" Which basically translates to get lost we arent gonna do anything. And now with the steam data relay coming to console, it looks like this will be dead. And if all the staff here is going to say in a reply is the same as Ive quoted. Save us both the time and dont bother.

36 minutes ago, ktaylor2 said:

No offense. But you keep saying this when the issue is brought up. I can pretty much guarantee that this is why many if not most bought your devices for. Its not cheating. it hurts no one. In fact I had never even heard of NetDuma until someone doing this told me. As to the gentleman who started the topic. I have 2 Xbox One's. I also have a series X. You cant match a next gen machine up correctly. You would need 2 PS4s or 2 PS5s. For whatever reason the Series X for me, wont match correctly with any other console generation. I bought my XR300 just to do trials with my friends. But the firmware doesnt work right. I have to use just the stock firmware. As I said no offense to the staff here. But the answer is always "Thats not what its meant for!" Which basically translates to get lost we arent gonna do anything. And now with the steam data relay coming to console, it looks like this will be dead. And if all the staff here is going to say in a reply is the same as Ive quoted. Save us both the time and dont bother.

ok is it NETWORK MANIPULATION? and then charging people stupid amounts. For the carry its happy days if it cant happen anymore.

it is classified as cheating and the reason trials is such a shit state.

https://blazingboost.com/destiny-2/buy-trials-of-osiris?tf_source=google&tf_medium=ppc_g&tf_term=trials carries&tf_adid=467648019970&tf_asid=109328981189&tf_cid=11197350384&adposition=&matchtype=p&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgomBBhDXARIsAFNyUqPTtoauMe5wdQK6eDlOQVnBb6LRSU4A1ue7v9YAe8koqndTZUcITnQaAiUOEALw_wcB

• Administrators
7 hours ago, ktaylor2 said:

People who purchase for nefarious reasons are not entitled to support that will help them cheat, any other support is absolutely fine. Matching up against friends which essentially is boosting is cheating in our opinion. You can be angry with us but we won't be changing our stance on that.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

People who purchase for nefarious reasons are not entitled to support that will help them cheat, any other support is absolutely fine. Matching up against friends which essentially is boosting is cheating in our opinion. You can be angry with us but we won't be changing our stance on that.

You can consider it cheating if you like. Thats fine. All I do is play with my friends. Nothing more. I am not negatively impacting anyone elses experience.

Edited by ktaylor2
Typos

18 hours ago, SETi-D said:

ok is it NETWORK MANIPULATION? and then charging people stupid amounts. For the carry its happy days if it cant happen anymore.

it is classified as cheating and the reason trials is such a shit state.

https://blazingboost.com/destiny-2/buy-trials-of-osiris?tf_source=google&tf_medium=ppc_g&tf_term=trials carries&tf_adid=467648019970&tf_asid=109328981189&tf_cid=11197350384&adposition=&matchtype=p&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgomBBhDXARIsAFNyUqPTtoauMe5wdQK6eDlOQVnBb6LRSU4A1ue7v9YAe8koqndTZUcITnQaAiUOEALw_wcB

I have never charged anyone. I only play with my friends. Account recovs are against the rules as well. What I do hurts no one. The router as used now allows me to go into a strike solo and work on kill without having to compete with random teammates. Again I wouldnt have bought this expensive(soon to be worthless) router for nothing.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, ktaylor2 said:

Hi, can you confirm that still works for now?

On 2/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, Gargantua said:

Sorry. Havent had a chance to test it so far. I wasnt playing to begin with. Then was in the hospital. I will test it this weekend.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, ktaylor2 said:

Sorry. Havent had a chance to test it so far. I wasnt playing to begin with. Then was in the hospital. I will test it this weekend.

Hope you're recovering okay, take care of yourself first. Best wishes from us at ND!

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hope you're recovering okay, take care of yourself first. Best wishes from us at ND!

Thank you. I know Ive come across as a bit of a dick in some posts. Its not my intention. I just want this to work.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, ktaylor2 said:

Thank you. I know Ive come across as a bit of a dick in some posts. Its not my intention. I just want this to work.

I know when people are just frustrated and eager for any issues to be resolved so I never take anything personally so don't worry about that as it's not how it came across to me. Just sorry I can't do anything more than I have done to push it along faster.

For what is worth I got it to work today (2/20/2021) but after the first flawless card the second team couldn't connect. Worth nothing my second xbox got weasel'd then I was unable to consistently match us up after the second game. So I know it works I just think there is some interference here and there, hope this helps.

If anyone has any more info, do share it. Sidenote; no one cares we use this to help our friends, I know some people charge others for the service but DumaOS is far from the only way, most of us already have jobs so its not like are going to change careers haha. I understand the support team cannot endorse it, but lets be real. A lot of people comes here for this.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, Gargantua said:

It does still work. We were having some issues. But it seems to be that one of the ppl involved had a Series X. He wasnt a host, but it still had problems. I also can confirm that you can still use this to go into strikes and what not solo. But you need to turn strict mode on to do it.

hey guys, im the op. i have had it working suing a ps4 and ps5 but like the guy said, it worked for about 7 matches and then just stopped, i recently picked up a few ps4s so going to try hosting with only ps4 consoles and see how i get on. seems to be some sort of interference with the different console gens.

14 minutes ago, Random Name said:

hey guys, im the op. i have had it working suing a ps4 and ps5 but like the guy said, it worked for about 7 matches and then just stopped, i recently picked up a few ps4s so going to try hosting with only ps4 consoles and see how i get on. seems to be some sort of interference with the different console gens.

there is a bug when people on old gen play with the new.i thought they would have fixed this by now.

Not sure how connected it would be the peps on old gen will lag hard especially in pvp.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, ktaylor2 said:

Not why I bought it.  I wanted consistent good connections for pvp.  Nothing more.  Unfortunately the software doesn't accomplish that in the least.  

On 2/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, ONEovFOUR said:

there is a bug when people on old gen play with the new.i thought they would have fixed this by now.

Not sure how connected it would be the peps on old gen will lag hard especially in pvp.

As it was told to me by someone, it isnt a bug. The system prioritizes Next Gen over last Gen.

3 hours ago, Dmaune said:

Not why I bought it.  I wanted consistent good connections for pvp.  Nothing more.  Unfortunately the software doesn't accomplish that in the least.  

Which would be why I said many, and not all. Now, I would suggest trying the original firmware for whichever router you have. I can still get my XR300 to work fine, if I only use the stock firmware.

33 minutes ago, ktaylor2 said:

As it was told to me by someone, it isnt a bug. The system prioritizes Next Gen over last Gen.

That makes sense thank your for clearing that for me 😉

• 1 month later...

Hi there, as of today (or at least somewhere in the last week) my XR500 is no longer able to GeoFilter my Destiny 2 games. After rebooting everything and re-doing all the Filtering options the game consistently loads me into full Towers, Patrol zones and other activities.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a server-side change that negates GeoFilters?

Thanks for any feedback 😊

• Administrators
2 hours ago, piwikiwi said:

Hi there, as of today (or at least somewhere in the last week) my XR500 is no longer able to GeoFilter my Destiny 2 games. After rebooting everything and re-doing all the Filtering options the game consistently loads me into full Towers, Patrol zones and other activities.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a server-side change that negates GeoFilters?

Thanks for any feedback 😊

It looks like they have transitioned to servers rather than player hosts for DDoS protection. We're looking into it currently but it may mean you're only able to filter servers from now on, we'll know for sure soon enough.