Geo-Filter not working

Ash

Hi Team,

As requested I've started a new topic regarding the fact my geo filter stopped working.  in game I use to connect quickly and had no issues but now the ping is thro the roof. for example I use to get 17-30ms ping  while queuing for game now it exceeds 100 Plus it doesn't even show what server I have connected to on the geo filter map. Please see attached as requested

geo filter.png

• Administrators

Follow these steps please:

1. Completely quit the game and client, from the system tray as well.
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Then see if they appear and see if you get a lower ping.

I've just had this exact same thing too. Unfortunately, I cannot access the GUI.

In fact, thinking about it, I've been experiencing lag over the last couple of days, so it might have happened a day or two ago.

It also might explain why I suddenly seem to be playing with a lot of foreign players outside of my filtered zone.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I've just had this exact same thing too. Unfortunately, I cannot access the GUI.

In fact, thinking about it, I've been experiencing lag over the last couple of days, so it might have happened a day or two ago.

It also might explain why I suddenly seem to be playing with a lot of foreign players outside of my filtered zone.

Give it a reboot and see if you can gain access, may have just needed a reboot for some reason. Then if it's not filtering correctly post and we can take a look - you can't filter out players from joining servers though.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Follow these steps please:

1. Completely quit the game and client, from the system tray as well.
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Then see if they appear and see if you get a lower ping.

Still the exact same no changes at all. 
even on multiple games is the same.

I have taken the Netduma off and tried with my normal router that is provided by my provider and on that it shows starting ping is 16ms which I was getting with the netduma which i am not anymore 

4 hours ago, Ash said:

Hi Team,

As requested I've started a new topic regarding the fact my geo filter stopped working.  in game I use to connect quickly and had no issues but now the ping is thro the roof. for example I use to get 17-30ms ping  while queuing for game now it exceeds 100 Plus it doesn't even show what server I have connected to on the geo filter map. Please see attached as requested

geo filter.png

I would say do a factory reset, then repeat what Netduma_fraser suggested surely you should noticed a difference.

8 minutes ago, Seye said:

I would say do a factory reset, then repeat what Netduma_fraser suggested surely you should noticed a difference.

no difference at all 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the IP on your actual PC network settings, then go to the router interface and go to the Device Manager, check the device you think is the PC, do the IPs match or are they different?

nope they are the same IP

Also having issues with geo filter not working as it once did ... noticed it particulary fifa 21 ps5 where I'm getting odd things like playing ping assisted players outside of my polygon region even though my ping assist is 0 and generally bad connections of say 70 plus ping no matter how small I set polygon region or distance duma doesnt seem to be working with that game on ps5.Black ops and  Warzone seem to have less issues although warzone does still put me in higher ping servers than I would like most of the time.

At one point in time the geo filter might cause me to wait a very long time to get a game but at least it was then a good connection , now thats less of an issue but I'm not getting the guaranteed low ping connection either.Has the strictness changed in duma os of it following the distance /polygon selection?

I'm also london based , it all could be coincidence but something does seem to have changed ( main thing thats changed my end is going from ps4 to ps5).... I'm close to doing a factory reset and trying possibly earlier firmwares if they are available to see if that changes gets me back to when this worked best for me.

13 hours ago, Ash said:

nope they are the same IP

What game are you playing that you're experiencing these issues with?

4 hours ago, pmg said:

Also having issues with geo filter not working as it once did ... noticed it particulary fifa 21 ps5 where I'm getting odd things like playing ping assisted players outside of my polygon region even though my ping assist is 0 and generally bad connections of say 70 plus ping no matter how small I set polygon region or distance duma doesnt seem to be working with that game on ps5.Black ops and  Warzone seem to have less issues although warzone does still put me in higher ping servers than I would like most of the time.

At one point in time the geo filter might cause me to wait a very long time to get a game but at least it was then a good connection , now thats less of an issue but I'm not getting the guaranteed low ping connection either.Has the strictness changed in duma os of it following the distance /polygon selection?

I'm also london based , it all could be coincidence but something does seem to have changed ( main thing thats changed my end is going from ps4 to ps5).... I'm close to doing a factory reset and trying possibly earlier firmwares if they are available to see if that changes gets me back to when this worked best for me.

We are awaiting cloud updates for both FIFA and CoD, that will definitely help. Could you please also provide a screenshot of your Geo-filter settings?

Just now, Netduma Liam said:

What game are you playing that you're experiencing these issues with?

We are awaiting cloud updates for both FIFA and CoD, that will definitely help. Could you please also provide a screenshot of your Geo-filter settings?

call of duty - Warzone , coldwar, rouge one basically all the fps games 

Images attached , I have better luck with distance mode .... but having to use polygon mode most of the time as some friends of mine in the north of england show up on connecting to servers on the west coast of america in party chat. So unless I enable that area I cant hear them , I've tried enabling them individually but the server keeps changing they hit so it was just easier to group that area. The last image shows the location best as its a screenshot from before me trying to reset everything today. Possible miss placed servers ? for psn chat as other friends who live not far from them actually show up geo location wise still in england without this issue. 

polygonmode.thumb.jpg.de449bd0f218e6e3d18895b71b2d6ec3.jpgdistance.thumb.jpg.113eacb900beb3e5eef58abf62419f70.jpgpchatserver.thumb.jpg.fb121bd44160654cba4ffb5664d3f183.jpg

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Ash said:

call of duty - Warzone , coldwar, rouge one basically all the fps games 

What web browser/device are you using to adjust the Geo-Filter?

24 minutes ago, pmg said:

Images attached , I have better luck with distance mode .... but having to use polygon mode most of the time as some friends of mine in the north of england show up on connecting to servers on the west coast of america in party chat. So unless I enable that area I cant hear them , I've tried enabling them individually but the server keeps changing they hit so it was just easier to group that area. The last image shows the location best as its a screenshot from before me trying to reset everything today. Possible miss placed servers ? for psn chat as other friends who live not far from them actually show up geo location wise still in england without this issue. 

Could you provide screenshots of the Geo-Filter showing what you see when you're actually in the game please and seeing these issues?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser/device are you using to adjust the Geo-Filter?

Could you provide screenshots of the Geo-Filter showing what you see when you're actually in the game please and seeing these issues?

Google Crome, I have tried different browsers on my pc, laptop and mobile phone 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Ash said:

Google Crome, I have tried different browsers on my pc, laptop and mobile phone 

Have you done any manual port forwarding rules, DMZ etc for the device? Are you using Traffic Controller or Adblocker?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you done any manual port forwarding rules, DMZ etc for the device? Are you using Traffic Controller or Adblocker?

I have port forwarding rule and traffic controlled. This has been on since i got the router and it has worked. I have switched them off to try if that was the issue and I still have the same issue 

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Now you've turned them off do a reboot and then please do the numbered steps I gave previously and see if it works.

same issue still 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you show us the port forwarding rules you've setup for CoD? Is your NAT type Open in game?

Nat type is open.

However deleting the port forward and traffic doesn't make any difference

port.png

traffic control.png

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What firmware version are you currently on?

R2 3.0.138  I duno if it is the actual router as i mentioned when i use my normal router provided by my internet provider it works