Slow to no wifi both 2.4-5.0GHz xr500 V2.3.2.108

AzeRuS94

Hello, two days ago I updated my xr500 from 2.66 to .108 as I want to use the polygon mode, but now every device that is connected through wifi like the phones in my house have a very slow connection to almost nothing. If I try to watch a video on youtube the video keeps buffering and does not load, meanwhile on my gaming pc through ethernet everything is fine. I have 1000/1000mb, I tried to factory reset from the interface and physicaly from the router but nothing. When I was on 2.66 everything worked perfect but I really want to use the polygon mode and thats why I don't want to downgrade. What can I do?

5 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Hello, two days ago I updated my xr500 from 2.66 to .108 as I want to use the polygon mode, but now every device that is connected through wifi like the phones in my house have a very slow connection to almost nothing. If I try to watch a video on youtube the video keeps buffering and does not load, meanwhile on my gaming pc through ethernet everything is fine. I have 1000/1000mb, I tried to factory reset from the interface and physicaly from the router but nothing. When I was on 2.66 everything worked perfect but I really want to use the polygon mode and thats why I don't want to downgrade. What can I do?

I just disabled Qos completely and everything works perfect now on wifi. How can this be solved?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that!

Could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page so we can see if there's anything that stands out?

Here is the screenshot, I also have this unnamed device always connected on 2.4Ghz, is there a way to know which devices is it? Thanks for your help.

qos page 3.0.PNG

Edited by AzeRuS94

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That looks fine, what speeds were you getting through WiFi? What speeds do you get with QoS off?

Through wifi on my s20+ I get on 5ghz 250 download and 650mb upload with QoS enable and 304mb and 697mb with QoS off

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Those speeds are pretty good either way so odd you had that experience. What is your exact physical setup? Are you using Smart Connect?

Isp router------xr500-----all devices.   

I don't use Smart Connect.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the ISP router? How have you connected the XR to it to ensure an open NAT, are you using modem mode, bridge, DMZ etc?

The isp router is a EG8145V5. I can't achieve an open nat with my setup, I started a new topic a few months ago where we tried everything but it was impossible. The isp router doesn't have any bridge mode option and the dmz never worked.

7 hours ago, AzeRuS94 said:

The isp router is a EG8145V5. I can't achieve an open nat with my setup, I started a new topic a few months ago where we tried everything but it was impossible. The isp router doesn't have any bridge mode option and the dmz never worked.

Do you still have the DMZ settings in place or any port forwarding rules? Any other custom configuration changes that you've made?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you still have the DMZ settings in place or any port forwarding rules? Any other custom configuration changes that you've made?

Yes, the dmz is always there enabled on my isp routet and upnp enabled on the xr500. That's the only settings I changed.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Yes, the dmz is always there enabled on my isp routet and upnp enabled on the xr500. That's the only settings I changed.

I found this suggestion, could you try this to bridge the Huawei and see if that works please? https://broadbandforum.co/t/186563/post-1357639

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd, it's literally the same model as yours, could you try accessing it via an incognito window please and see if it allows you to edit then?

It still won't let me create a new profile or edit it :(

isp incognito.PNG

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the top right of the page it says fast settings, if you click that does it let you change it to something else? Will that then allow you to edit settings? They may have restricted settings until you change that.

I tried it and it's a page just to change the password for enter into the router's page and change the wifi password. Nothing else.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure if this option exists anymore as they seem to have updated the interface but could you see if you can achieve that from Configuration > Access Profile Management please?

there is no Access Profile Management or similar option. :(

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would it be possible for you to contact the ISP to see if they can put it in bridge mode? It might be they've locked it down which is why we're having so much trouble.

Yes, I spoke to them a month or two ago and they said that the router does not have the bridge mode option and the only way is to buy an adapter to directly connect the sc fiber optic cable to turn it into a lan output then connect it to the xr500. I don't remember exactly how they explained it to me but it was something like that.