Slow to no wifi both 2.4-5.0GHz xr500 V2.3.2.108

AzeRuS94

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would it be possible for you to contact the ISP to see if they can put it in bridge mode? It might be they've locked it down which is why we're having so much trouble.

I've just done a few speedtests and now my speeds seems to be capped to 625/625mb with QoS disabled. When QoS was enabled I was reaching full speeds but all devices that were conneced through wifi were very slow. What can I do? 

• Administrators

That adapter would likely help with the NAT and speed consistency on the router I would think. It might be best for you to upgrade via TFTP to bypass the boot process and any issues there and then do a factory reset for the freshest install possible:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That adapter would likely help with the NAT and speed consistency on the router I would think. It might be best for you to upgrade via TFTP to bypass the boot process and any issues there and then do a factory reset for the freshest install possible:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Just did what the guide says but the problem still the same, slow wifi connection with qos enabled and capped speeds with qos disabled. Do you know the name of the adapter? Thanks for your help.

On 1/23/2021 at 4:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you upgrade to this firmware then do a factory reset please and see if it helps?

Link

Hello and sorry for the late response, I tried to access to the link but I couldn't. I also tried to do the tftp guide again and did a factory reset,  now with QoS on or off all my wifi devices have a fast speed while watching videos and stuff. However, my speeds still capped at 625-650mb up and down. What can I do? I tried different cat8 ethernet cables, speedtest directly with my pc connected to the isp router and I was achieving 950mb/947mb. What can I do?

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Hello and sorry for the late response, I tried to access to the link but I couldn't. I also tried to do the tftp guide again and did a factory reset,  now with QoS on or off all my wifi devices have a fast speed while watching videos and stuff. However, my speeds still capped at 625-650mb up and down. What can I do? I tried different cat8 ethernet cables, speedtest directly with my pc connected to the isp router and I was achieving 950mb/947mb. What can I do?

Sorry, please try the link posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2047897/highlight/true#M3540

Do you have Adblocker or Traffic Controller being used? Double check Adblocker as I believe it's enabled by default.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, please try the link posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2047897/highlight/true#M3540

Do you have Adblocker or Traffic Controller being used? Double check Adblocker as I believe it's enabled by default.

As soon as I can I will try to upgrade to this firmware with tftp. I never changed nothing on the traffic controller r-app and I don't know if the xr500 has adblocker.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay keep us posted!

I just upgraded and did a factory reset, QoS on or off while I do a speedtest it stills starts with 950mb on download and upload, then suddenly drops to 625/625mb capped.:(

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

I just upgraded and did a factory reset, QoS on or off while I do a speedtest it stills starts with 950mb on download and upload, then suddenly drops to 625/625mb capped.:(

Sorry to be a pain, I didn't realize Tim linked this one but it's the very latest firmware that's been tested and includes fixes from us over the .108 version so would suggest an upgrade followed by another reset and see if it works.

Link

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to be a pain, I didn't realize Tim linked this one but it's the very latest firmware that's been tested and includes fixes from us over the .108 version so would suggest an upgrade followed by another reset and see if it works.

Link

Tried again but the issue still happening, I'm on XR500 V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.  

• Administrators

That's annoying, just as a test could you re-enable QoS please, then make a custom Traffic Prioritization rule to one of the devices you use to test:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP 

and then do a speedtest and see what you get please?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's annoying, just as a test could you re-enable QoS please, then make a custom Traffic Prioritization rule to one of the devices you use to test:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP 

and then do a speedtest and see what you get please?

Internet speed still capped at 625/625mb, it always starts at 950mb more or less and then drops to 625mb

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Internet speed still capped at 625/625mb, it always starts at 950mb more or less and then drops to 625mb

If QoS disabled and having the device supersede QoS isn't working then it indicates an issue elsewhere possibly upstream. If you test via ethernet what speeds do you get?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If QoS disabled and having the device supersede QoS isn't working then it indicates an issue elsewhere possibly upstream. If you test via ethernet what speeds do you get?

All the test I did are always through a cat8 ethernet connected to my pc.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to Settings and go to the Setup Wizard, go as far as the speed test, what speeds does it give you there? Retry the test a few times to double check.

625 down and 631 up

• Administrators

Okay well that explains why we've had trouble, the router itself is not receiving any higher speeds so it couldn't possibly give any more to devices. Does the Echo have QoS enabled or a firewall? If you disable those, can the router then receive more speeds?

On 2/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay well that explains why we've had trouble, the router itself is not receiving any higher speeds so it couldn't possibly give any more to devices. Does the Echo have QoS enabled or a firewall? If you disable those, can the router then receive more speeds?

The echo does not have QoS and I don't know how to check if there is a firewall enabled.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

The echo does not have QoS and I don't know how to check if there is a firewall enabled.

Looking at the datasheet for the ONT, it has:

QoS • Ethernet port rate limitation • 802.1p priority • SP/WRR/SP+WRR • Broadcast packet rate limitation
Security • SPI firewall • Filtering based on MAC/IP/URL addresses

You can't see this anywhere on its interface?

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looking at the datasheet for the ONT, it has:

QoS • Ethernet port rate limitation • 802.1p priority • SP/WRR/SP+WRR • Broadcast packet rate limitation
Security • SPI firewall • Filtering based on MAC/IP/URL addresses

You can't see this anywhere on its interface?

I found a page where it says Ont Authentication but it requires a password to enter it.