Netduma slowing my connection and bad D/U packet ratio. Help

Dyson350

I was able to turn bridge mode on and have Netduma identify internet access on the initial setup. But after that I couldn't access internet on any device. 

May need help with settings.

*Update* Ok so I finally got it to work back in DMZ at least. But I noticed I am getting waaaay lower speed test results with the router. With Netduma I was getting 88 Mbps down and my upload was higher on a PSN Test. When I plugged straight into my modem I am getting anywhere from 250 all the way up to 800 Down and also higher Upload.  I think something is wrong with the router, as I also was having the issue with traffic priority and getting double the upload packets compared to download. I know PSN tests arent accurate but the difference in speed with and without the router concerns me, coupled with the other issue.

Also speedtest.net is giving me much better results without the router involved, not small differences but substantial 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please go to Network Monitor -> Click the three line menu and select table view and send us a screenshot?

Also, I switched everything back to the Netduma this morning, ran tests and got better speeds. I noticed the game on PS5 was running moderate, so I put the router into DMZ mode and my speeds tanked. Then even with speeds fine I get double the upload packets compared to download packets.

net.JPG

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What IP did you put in the DMZ on your modem? If you use a wired PC to the R2, what speeds do you get?

WAN IP for Netduma is 192.168.0.2 which is what I put in. Sometimes the modem will recognized it at Dumaos then other times its unrecognized but still works. Not sure what causes this if its reboots or not. (gateway is 192.168.0.1) 

This is wired speeds and I am on 1G down 400MB Up.

I also included the LAN and WAN IP settings on the router side as well below.

TBH is there a customer service number I can call to talk to someone real time. Trying to troubleshoot this mess while waiting on replies is very irritating and wasting my time.

speeddmz.JPG

traf.JPG

netdum.JPG

• Administrators

Okay so you did the DMZ fine, are any devices still connected to that router? If so they will pull bandwidth away from the R2. Are ALL devices connected to the R2? If so, what are your QoS settings? If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control option menu do you get better speeds?

We're a small team so we don't have phone support unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so you did the DMZ fine, are any devices still connected to that router? If so they will pull bandwidth away from the R2. Are ALL devices connected to the R2? If so, what are your QoS settings? If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control option menu do you get better speeds?

We're a small team so we don't have phone support unfortunately.

Congestion Control on does seem to hurt speeds as well. Regardless of settings packet ratio is still off. All devices are on the router as well.

Here are speed results using only my modem. Both speedtest where done on a laptop using wifi so there are no other differences outside of modem only and router in DMZ.

speedmodem.JPG

• Administrators

Congestion Control does limit speeds by design to ensure you can't ever saturate the network and cause lag. You may not get those speeds through the R2 WiFi - that's something we're currently working on improving. 

What do you get via ethernet to the R2? 

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Congestion Control does limit speeds by design to ensure you can't ever saturate the network and cause lag. You may not get those speeds through the R2 WiFi - that's something we're currently working on improving. 

What do you get via ethernet to the R2? 

When I plus into the R2 and test are accurate and speeds are around where they should be. Packet Download/Upload ratio are still way off and effecting gameplay though. I have done tests with and without the router involved and I can tell a difference.

• Administrators

Okay that's good then, we'll improve WiFi so hopefully that should be better with the next update. If you use the Games Console service or enter ports manually and disable Classified Games are the packets that are prioritized more even?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's good then, we'll improve WiFi so hopefully that should be better with the next update. If you use the Games Console service or enter ports manually and disable Classified Games are the packets that are prioritized more even?

Nope, its bad with either option. In Geo Filter in Auto Ping I am consistently sending more packets than receiving them.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

7 minutes ago, fiefo said:

This is something I have been trying to tell the Duma team. The ratio is significantly off idk y. Formula?

So its not just me? This isnt't something that has always been an issue from what I gather. Could it be a PS5 issue, maybe because I remember when I got the Netduma when I had PS4 that is when I remember it working right. I stopped paying attention and just recently noticed it, so who knows when it started.

I’ve been told that sometimes the traffic prio in duma os doesn’t work sometimes. But they added in a new feature that says Apply to WAN and traffic types which could help with this issue but so far in my testing nothing has seemed to work. They don’t even know what the features do fully yet so we have no Clue what to do

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dyson350 said:

Nope, its bad with either option. In Geo Filter in Auto Ping I am consistently sending more packets than receiving them.

I have got someone who will be testing this, try:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1935 - 3480
Protocol TCP/UDP

and see if it is any better.

14 minutes ago, fiefo said:

I’ve been told that sometimes the traffic prio in duma os doesn’t work sometimes. But they added in a new feature that says Apply to WAN and traffic types which could help with this issue but so far in my testing nothing has seemed to work. They don’t even know what the features do fully yet so we have no Clue what to do

We do know and i've posted in another topic today more information on what those specific features do.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1935 - 3480
Protocol TCP/UDP

We do know and i've posted in another topic today more information on what those specific features do.

Ok I will give these a try and see what happens. My question though is, if it is port issue, would turning off traffic priority altogether get rid of the problem? If I am still sending more packets than receiving packets from the server regardless, wouldnt that mean no port options would work???

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1935 - 3480
Protocol TCP/UDP

Also I heard prioritizing TCP packets is a no go. Is this true? Especially for COD?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Dyson350 said:

Ok I will give these a try and see what happens. My question though is, if it is port issue, would turning off traffic priority altogether get rid of the problem? If I am still sending more packets than receiving packets from the server regardless, wouldnt that mean no port options would work???

Packets would then be subject to the network queue so it could hamper the connection more but give it a try

9 minutes ago, fiefo said:

Also I heard prioritizing TCP packets is a no go. Is this true? Especially for COD?

The game does use TCP, more so UDP but you can try without and see if there is a benefit.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Packets would then be subject to the network queue so it could hamper the connection more but give it a try

The game does use TCP, more so UDP but you can try without and see if there is a benefit.

TBH at this point I'm just waiting on you guys to figure something out because I have no idea what the issue is. It very well could be on my end for all I know but I don't see how, unless the router is faulty..speaking of that I did have an antenna break the other day, it literally fell off as I picked it up after doing a factory reset.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Dyson350 said:

TBH at this point I'm just waiting on you guys to figure something out because I have no idea what the issue is. It very well could be on my end for all I know but I don't see how, unless the router is faulty..speaking of that I did have an antenna break the other day, it literally fell off as I picked it up after doing a factory reset.

I will have the team investigate that so leave it with us. Email [email protected] regarding the antennae and they may be able to send you a new one.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1935 - 3480
Protocol TCP/UDP

It is better. But I noticed I got 2k bandwidth every single time. No buffer. Could apply to wan be affecting the bandwidth? Also, I found TCP UDP1-65535 and 1-65535 was definently better. Hopefully netduma works on that apply to wan feature because it does work! Just needs a fine tuning 

6 hours ago, fiefo said:

It is better. But I noticed I got 2k bandwidth every single time. No buffer. Could apply to wan be affecting the bandwidth? Also, I found TCP UDP1-65535 and 1-65535 was definently better. Hopefully netduma works on that apply to wan feature because it does work! Just needs a fine tuning 

I had to take the router out of the picture for now until there is a fix unfortunately, how better was the balance of traffic for you with Frazers recommendation.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, fiefo said:

What do you mean you got 2k bandwidth every time, shown in game? There isn't a problem there. What do you mean no buffer? 

With those rules you're prioritizing the entire device, if the console then does a download then it will cause other devices to lag.