Warzone and MW "Packet Burst" Fix? Anyone?

SendNukes

To be honest, I haven't really spent much time tweaking individual values after just changing the Congestion control filter to 1% which resulted in 9 Mb and .4 Mb. I'm not sure how one would adequately measure the impact such small changes had but I'm sure there is a sweet spot and anything above or below those values would be negligible to unusable.

It is worth noting that prior to Cold War integration into Warzone, I did not need this additional step of limiting bandwidth but IMO something certainly changed on the backend as I was having fantastic results with just CC, Geo Filter, QoS, and Traffic Pro - like the best the game had ever played, hit reg so clean. Then immediately following Cold War integration it went all wonky again, similar to performance prior to my getting the R2, maybe not quite as bad but not great like just before. Even still I have had some issues lately with hit reg.

Given the DMR meta, ghost bullets will cause you to lose a gun fight every time. I'm not saying all shots should hit but there have been plenty of times of late where cross hair right on someone with 3x DMR scope and not even a hit marker. So, still trying to tweak things to find the right settings to avoid this. FWIW, I've seen it both on PS and XSX.

Hey I recently moved my Xbox Series X upstairs without wired connection. Now I have no packet loss in Warzone and MW. Turns out it must've been a bad wifi point then. Can't believe I had to endure that much lag for over a month just to realize its some trash hardware issue. Smh man.

21 hours ago, S4V4GE said:

Hey I recently moved my Xbox Series X upstairs without wired connection. Now I have no packet loss in Warzone and MW. Turns out it must've been a bad wifi point then. Can't believe I had to endure that much lag for over a month just to realize its some trash hardware issue. Smh man.

Just wanna make sure I understand what you're saying - so you had a hardwired connection previously, then you switched to wireless and moved the console further from the router and now you have no packet burst?

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias_ said:

Just wanna make sure I understand what you're saying - so you had a hardwired connection previously, then you switched to wireless and moved the console further from the router and now you have no packet burst?

Sorry I misspoke. I had a wifi point downstairs and wired to it down there. The main router is upstairs. I moved it upstairs and it seems the constant packet burst is gone for now. Pretty sure it's a bad wifi point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:51 AM, Ozymandias_ said:

I have this same exact issue and have had it since I've started playing the game, it occurs for me on PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X. My PS5 will be here today or tomorrow and I will test it there as well but my expectation is that it will still persist. 

I work in IT / Cloud so I've done a TON of experimenting with different things in order to see what helps and what doesn't because up until I got the R2, my CoD WZ experience was complete TRASH. Now after getting the R2, my K/D has risen nearly .1 points (doesn't sound like a lot but I play a lot, so it takes time) and I have already doubled my amount of wins in less than a month than I had previously since starting the game. I don't have a 100% pure fix but here are some things that helped me personally, not a one size fits all and I still see the symbols but the in game impact is negligible as I still get kills quickly most of the time. 

- Location - I live on US East coast, however I play on west coast servers (Seattle has the best performance for me and have at least 3 or 4 wins on those servers). There are servers much closer to me but the in game performance is not as good.

- QoS / Congestion Control - Limit your connection as much as possible while still keeping your internet functional. I have 900 Mb down / 40 Mb up - using congestion control if I limit my entire network to say 1% of that (9 Mb down / .4 Mb up), in game pings reach 30 ms - 40 ms sometimes which is unheard of for me. You can of course manually limit the device that you're gaming on using the bandwidth allocation and turn off excess sharing. 

- Traffic Prio - still experimenting with this some but right now I'm having good results with source TCP/UDP 3074 & dest 1-65535. image.thumb.png.7ed51538db4406b9713fe45e0b76c8e6.png

For me, the biggest concern is hit reg and TTk - with these settings above last night had a trios win with 11 kills. Not bragging at all - just saying this to say that this router and settings have made this game much more enjoyable and finally fair to play. Whereas before I knew that something was off and playing against a stacked deck where nothing is on your side is not fun. 

How to you throttle the console or gaming device but allow bandwidth to other internet users in the house? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 10:37 PM, Ozymandias_ said:

To be honest, I haven't really spent much time tweaking individual values after just changing the Congestion control filter to 1% which resulted in 9 Mb and .4 Mb. I'm not sure how one would adequately measure the impact such small changes had but I'm sure there is a sweet spot and anything above or below those values would be negligible to unusable.

It is worth noting that prior to Cold War integration into Warzone, I did not need this additional step of limiting bandwidth but IMO something certainly changed on the backend as I was having fantastic results with just CC, Geo Filter, QoS, and Traffic Pro - like the best the game had ever played, hit reg so clean. Then immediately following Cold War integration it went all wonky again, similar to performance prior to my getting the R2, maybe not quite as bad but not great like just before. Even still I have had some issues lately with hit reg.

Given the DMR meta, ghost bullets will cause you to lose a gun fight every time. I'm not saying all shots should hit but there have been plenty of times of late where cross hair right on someone with 3x DMR scope and not even a hit marker. So, still trying to tweak things to find the right settings to avoid this. FWIW, I've seen it both on PS and XSX.

@Ozymandias_

Do your setings still work for you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 3:35 AM, Waka4412 said:

@Ozymandias_

Do your setings still work for you?

@Waka4412 - sorry for the delayed response, haven't been on here for a bit. Tbh, I'm pretty frustrated with this router at the moment. Constant disconnects are preventing any sort of tweaking / testing to find optimal settings. I just got a PC for gaming and couldn't be further off in finding optimal settings, at this point its just a guessing game so I usually end up getting frustrated and turn off congestion control and traffic prio completely. I've also been looking at ways to tweak Windows specifically for gaming and low latency in order to isolate potential issues between the two. I've made some pretty good progress on the windows side and have been able to get in game ping down to 19s in some lobbies which is pretty crazy. 

But to answer you question - I have no idea what settings to use for Duma + PC Warzone, I can say pretty confidently that the settings used on PS5/PS4/Xbox do not seem to work as well on PC, at least for me. 

• Administrators
On 3/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, Ozymandias_ said:

@Waka4412 - sorry for the delayed response, haven't been on here for a bit. Tbh, I'm pretty frustrated with this router at the moment. Constant disconnects are preventing any sort of tweaking / testing to find optimal settings. I just got a PC for gaming and couldn't be further off in finding optimal settings, at this point its just a guessing game so I usually end up getting frustrated and turn off congestion control and traffic prio completely. I've also been looking at ways to tweak Windows specifically for gaming and low latency in order to isolate potential issues between the two. I've made some pretty good progress on the windows side and have been able to get in game ping down to 19s in some lobbies which is pretty crazy. 

But to answer you question - I have no idea what settings to use for Duma + PC Warzone, I can say pretty confidently that the settings used on PS5/PS4/Xbox do not seem to work as well on PC, at least for me. 

Liam has responded to your recent posts, hopefully we'll be able to get you sorted there.

On 3/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Ozymandias_ said:

I feel your pain. The combination of CoD and my Xr300 is driving me crazy. I had 3 weeks with terrible hitreg and always felt behind my enemies. I almost was ready to give up and use my old router again. But since last week my gaming experience gotten much better. I play on PC and have 100down and 40 up.

This settings work for me in Warzone:

• Geofilter off
  • Bufferbload (100 down, 100 up) never
  • Share Excess off and for my PC (4mbit down and 0,4 up) - this seems to be very important for the hitreg
  • Taffic Prio Rules: TCPUDP - Quellport (3074:3074) - Zielport (30000:45000) and TCPUDP - Quellport (3074:3074) - Zielport (45001:65535)
  • Open Nat (opened this ports https://support.activision.com/de/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games)

Hope you can solve you problems.

1 hour ago, Waka4412 said:

I feel your pain. The combination of CoD and my Xr300 is driving me crazy. I had 3 weeks with terrible hitreg and always felt behind my enemies. I almost was ready to give up and use my old router again. But since last week my gaming experience gotten much better. I play on PC and have 100down and 40 up.

This settings work for me in Warzone:

• Geofilter off
  • Bufferbload (100 down, 100 up) never
  • Share Excess off and for my PC (4mbit down and 0,4 up) - this seems to be very important for the hitreg
  • Taffic Prio Rules: TCPUDP - Quellport (3074:3074) - Zielport (30000:45000) and TCPUDP - Quellport (3074:3074) - Zielport (45001:65535)
  • Open Nat (opened this ports https://support.activision.com/de/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games)

Hope you can solve you problems.

Niceee! That is super helpful info. Thank you. I will for sure give that a go. I have played around a bit with limiting the connection speed on PC and it seems like I can't go lower than like 10 Mb down before I end up getting kicked from games or experience crazy lag at times, which is not the case on console. So, I guess it could be something else running in the background on my pc but I've disabled almost all other unnecessary services. 

4 hours ago, Ozymandias_ said:

Niceee! That is super helpful info. Thank you. I will for sure give that a go. I have played around a bit with limiting the connection speed on PC and it seems like I can't go lower than like 10 Mb down before I end up getting kicked from games or experience crazy lag at times, which is not the case on console. So, I guess it could be something else running in the background on my pc but I've disabled almost all other unnecessary services. 

I read in another thread that DumaOS doesn't like it if the ranges are to big. It is maybe bs but as I have finally a good hitreg and tried hundred different things I'm to afraid to change stuff now. 😅