Netduma R2 No internet

Ap3xLyfe

Hey everyone!

So I just recieved a new Netduma R2 Router. I bought a new Netgear Nighthawk CM2000 Modem and set it up successfully, but I can not get the R2 Router to connect to the internet. If I plug my PC directly into the modem I have internet without any issues. As soon as I plug it into the R2 and plug the R2 into my modem I can't connect to the internet. I can login to the router interface and make changes, but I can't get any internet. I am stumped. Can anyone help?

43 minutes ago, Ap3xLyfe said:

Hey everyone!

So I just recieved a new Netduma R2 Router. I bought a new Netgear Nighthawk CM2000 Modem and set it up successfully, but I can not get the R2 Router to connect to the internet. If I plug my PC directly into the modem I have internet without any issues. As soon as I plug it into the R2 and plug the R2 into my modem I can't connect to the internet. I can login to the router interface and make changes, but I can't get any internet. I am stumped. Can anyone help?

I have an R1 and R2 and for fun I switch between them.. This happens to me because I sometimes forget to restart the modem. 🤣

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Reboot the modem, wait 1-2 minutes then reboot the R2, wait 1-2 minutes then access and see if you have internet.

Restarted everything and now I can not access the routers setup page at all (192.168.77.1). I should note that I tried a complete reset of the R2 before I made my post here and when I try to perform the initial setup it tells me right from the beginning that it can not detect internet. If I choose the setup WAN option and then hit the skip option it will let me go all the way through, but it still will not connect to the internet.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you do the factory reset exactly? Do you know if you require anything like PPPoE etc for a connection?

I pushed the reset button in on the back of the R2 for 30 seconds. As for PPPoE I have no idea. I have cable internet through Xfinity.

7F8E6BAC-4325-4555-95F0-0F7DCBFAEE83.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Fanthom said:

Push the reset button in on the back of the R2 for 30 second for factory reset. If still not working unplug only your R2  for 10 minutes, should detect connection.

Just finished trying both methods and I still get the same message.

A245F0FE-A6D4-40CD-BB36-C0615276310C.jpeg

Im glad Im not the only one with xfinity having issues. I need help on this as well I have xfinity also and I have a netgear nighthawk c7000 modem/router that cant connect to the netduma r2 either. let me know if you want me to create a different post since my modem/router is different. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tminus228 said:

Im glad Im not the only one with xfinity having issues. I need help on this as well I have xfinity also and I have a netgear nighthawk c7000 modem/router that cant connect to the netduma r2 either. let me know if you want me to create a different post since my modem/router is different. 

1 hour ago, tminus228 said:

Also my netgear isnt recognizing that the netduma is connect to it via etherent cable. @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Admin

Hey, welcome to the forum, happy holidays!

How is the C7 setup, is it in modem mode or router mode? Have you tried any of the suggestions so far?

another thing that I found odd is that the default password for the wireless on the back of the netduma router isnt the actually the default password, and i found that out after getting into the netduma interface when setting up the wifi info

• Administrators

Thanks for the information so on the R2 go to Network Settings > WAN > Network tab.

Click static and then enter this information:

IP - 192.168.0.2 (if it doesn't work check on the C7 to see if any device has this IP, if it does then change the last digit to one that's not being used)
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 
Gateway - 192.168.0.1

Leave all the other options default. Then reboot the router and see if you get a connection. 

now I also turned the router mode off on the c7 and using it just as a modem and it worked with connection to wifi  after I set the IP - 192.168.0.2 
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 
Gateway - 192.168.0.1

on the netduma, but the wired connection to the ps5 isnt working

My netduma r2 will not even put off a signal to connect to..... it was working fine, then a couple days ago playing gta5 it stopped working and now only shows a power light and internet light, but the 2g and 5g lights won’t come on, and it doesn’t put off a WiFi signal to connect to the router to check anything out. Any suggestions @Netduma Admin

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, tminus228 said:

its set to automatic and it still didnt work

Does it work via WiFi? If you use another device with the ethernet cable that was connected to the PS does that work?

26 minutes ago, Jordan McCleary said:

My netduma r2 will not even put off a signal to connect to..... it was working fine, then a couple days ago playing gta5 it stopped working and now only shows a power light and internet light, but the 2g and 5g lights won’t come on, and it doesn’t put off a WiFi signal to connect to the router to check anything out. Any suggestions @Netduma Admin

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Do you have a wired device that you're able to connect to access the interface? Have you rebooted the router?

Issue resolved. I just factory reset the netduma one more time and for what ever reason it detected the network for the c7 through the setup process for the first time EVER!!! Now everything is working. Didnt have to use the static method either. Thank you for everything @Netduma Fraser , to you and everyone else, hope you have a merry christmas. :)