Xr1000 Big WIFI BUG

Just now, Newfie said:

2.4 offers longer reach but I see a slight increase in jitter on my router, 5Ghz offers more bandwidth but shorter coverage. 2.4Ghz tends to have more interference than 5Ghz.
Do they play COD or are they suffering with another game or all games?

I prefer 5Ghz to be honest but that’s not to say 2.4Ghz is not good enough, R1 owners have been happy with just the 2.4Ghz. 

COD and Valorent 

It prolly has something to do with the upload ping since im getting bad bufferbloat in dsl REPORTS 

Just now, NahG said:

COD and Valorent 

It prolly has something to do with the upload ping since im getting bad bufferbloat in dsl REPORTS 

Run a test and show a picture of the results, run it 2 or 3 times then take the last one.

4 hours ago, NahG said:

Did this very exact thing yesterday since I had problems but didn't fix I'm starting to think this is on netgears side of things.

Netgear is at fault for layering their routers over top netdumas. This creates more room for error. And most of the bugs you see are from NG not duma. They have to tailor their code to fit NG, not the other way around. Also downgrade to .43, 100% more stable 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's something we're looking into currently, it will be the reading and won't be what your connection is like so you can ignore that aspect for the moment.

It’s the way the Speedtest is reading the connnection. It has something to do with download and upload method. Hopefully Fraser can find a fix soon 

• Administrators

Realistically with your speeds bufferbloat won't be much of an issue so you don't need to worry too much about that result. Newfie is right, probably after taking the extender out it will be more stable. If you have the Nighthawk mobile app you can connect and see if it is enabled/disabled there and disable it if it is enabled. You should have been given an option during setup to enable/disable.

17 minutes ago, fiefo said:

Netgear is at fault for layering their routers over top netdumas. This creates more room for error. And most of the bugs you see are from NG not duma. They have to tailor their code to fit NG, not the other way around. Also downgrade to .43, 100% more stable 

Sadly that’s not how it works, neither are to blame and then you have the chipset manufacturers that push updates to the router manufactures so should they be blamed too. AX is still evolving, other manufactures suffer issues as well if you read on SNB. It’s the way it is. NG have the codes behind the hardware side, after all you need drivers to make it tick.

Dropping down you lose security updates and there are some nasty stuff that just love to play on your router.

9 minutes ago, fiefo said:

Doesn’t excuse the right for NG to push out that make performance worse LOL. That’s just pure laziness

If you have an issue then contact netgear support and raise it, simply log into your account and request support, I’m sure if you ask you may get to level 2 and then you can give your feedback directly to them.