Xr1000 Big WIFI BUG

1 minute ago, Newfie said:

It’s a bit odd as it shows 4 Nagi networks which I guess are yours?

Yes and im using a x6s ex8000 mesh extender if that has anything to do with those two extra ssids showing p although i set it up as one Wi-Fi name for the extender. 

26 minutes ago, NahG said:

Yes and im using a x6s ex8000 mesh extender if that has anything to do with those two extra ssids showing p although i set it up as one Wi-Fi name for the extender. 

Ok, an extender, right that’s using DFS, it’s not set up correctly. I have 2 ex8000 extenders and the main router, your XR1000 needs to be on a higher channel hence why the ex8000 is broadcasting at 1733 and your back haul channel is only 866. It’s not wired to the XR1000 is it?
that’s one issue.

the next issue is knowing the devices are connected to your router, it could be they are swapping about hence poor performance. You need to turn off the EX8000 and test.

It’s a tad messy as it is to be honest, I would think devices could be getting confused.

if you are gaming through that extender it will have issues with Duma, are you gaming through those extenders?

Ok, an extender, right that’s using DFS, it’s not set up correctly. I have 2 ex8000 extenders and the main router, your XR1000 needs to be on a higher channel hence why the ex8000 is broadcasting at 1733 and your back haul channel is only 866. It’s not wired to the XR1000 is it?
that’s one issue.

the next issue is knowing the devices are connected to your router, it could be they are swapping about hence poor performance. You need to turn off the EX8000 and test.

It’s a tad messy as it is to be honest, I would think devices could be getting confused.

I can wire it but isnt it a extnder and i would have want it to be somewhere else to extend signal or am i wrong and also I will turn off extender right now.

4 minutes ago, Newfie said:

that’s one issue.

Yes it was the extender now I have 2 ssid and everything seems fine. How do u setup the ex8000 ive tried setting it up multiple times and factory rested twice. @Newfie

1 minute ago, NahG said:

I can wire it but isnt it a extnder and i would have want it to be somewhere else to extend signal or am i wrong and also I will turn off extender right now.

It can be used as an Access Point and then that would give you 1733mbps on two 5Ghz channels and a single 2.4channel as it’s then triband. 
Devices can get confused if it’s not setup just right as the extender need to be placed just right, too close to the router and it all goes belly up as devices swap around. 

Just now, Newfie said:

It can be used as an Access Point and then that would give you 1733mbps on two 5Ghz channels and a single 2.4channel as it’s then triband. 
Devices can get confused if it’s not setup just right as the extender need to be placed just right, too close to the router and it all goes belly up as devices swap around. 

What if I wire it is the ex8000 range better than xr1000?

Just now, NahG said:

Yes it was the extender now I have 2 ssid and everything seems fine. How do u setup the ex8000 ive tried setting it up multiple times and factory rested twice. @Newfie

Ok when you setup the extender it will warn you that in extender mode it requires the router to have a higher channel so my main router for example is channel 100. 
There are draw backs to DFS channels and one is radar detection which can force the router back down to lower channels and the second is scan times which slow down connection times to DFS channels.

18 minutes ago, NahG said:

Slow down a bit 😊

If you wire it it becomes an Access point so then it’s a better connection as it’s not using WiFi to transfer data via a back haul channel.

The AX router has WiFi 6, if you have none turning AX off means it’s acting like your EX8000. 

The EX8000 has fairly good WiFi, I’ve not got the XR1000 to test it out though so don’t know how it compares but I think the XR1000 might have the edge.

Just now, Newfie said:

Are you wiring into the extender with your gaming equipment?

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Slow down a bit 😊

If you wire it it becomes an Access point so then it’s a better connection as it’s not using WiFi to transfer data. 

The AX router has WiFi 6, if you have none turning AX off means it’s acting like your EX8000. 

The EX8000 has fairly good WiFi, I’ve not got the XR1000 to test it out though so don’t know how it compares but I think the XR1000 might have the edge.

Lol ok. And no im diretcly connected to the xr1000 for my gaming but I purchased the extender for other gaming devices

17 minutes ago, NahG said:

Lol ok. And no im diretcly connected to the xr1000 for my gaming but I purchased the extender for other gaming devices

Ok I would turn off the EX8000 and see how it all goes.

The extender is used for parts of your property that don’t receive WiFi but to get it just right means positioning is very important. 

Turn off the EX8000 and then see how it all goes, test your network again, see if devices stay connected.

We can soon get the extender set up correctly if it’s needed.

43 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Ok I would turn off the EX8000 and see how it all goes.

The extender is used for parts of your property that don’t receive WiFi but to get it just right means positioning is very important. 

Turn off the EX8000 and then see how it all goes, test your network again, see if devices stay connected.

We can soon get the extender set up correctly if it’s needed.

Thank you so much you dont know how much you have helped you can close this thread as my problem is now solved one again Thank you guys for helping me.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, NahG said:

There is just one little thing thats left and that is when i run connection benchmark my upload ping skyrockets even though i tried slider at 10% 5%n and 15% but same results. @Newfie

That's something we're looking into currently, it will be the reading and won't be what your connection is like so you can ignore that aspect for the moment.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

That's something we're looking into currently, it will be the reading and won't be what your connection is like so you can ignore that aspect for the moment.

Uh but dslreports get bad bufferbloat aswell?? 

Just now, Newfie said:

What’s your speed supplied by your isp?

940 down 30 up charter spectrum. My R2 handled ping very nice and I would get a A+ rating in connection benchmark. I got a xr1000 due to specs but ping test is very bad.

3 minutes ago, NahG said:

940 down 30 up charter spectrum. My R2 handled ping very nice and I would get a A+ rating in connection benchmark. I got a xr1000 due to specs but ping test is very bad.

It’s still early days, normally you say 6 months of updates from NG to sort firmware which is the same across all manufacturers that produce hardware. Sometimes they rely on the chipset manufacturers to push updates to them so hang in there, it will improve as time goes on.

how is the gaming side, does it perform ok?

It’s still early days, normally you say 6 months of updates from NG to sort firmware which is the same across all manufacturers that produce hardware. Sometimes they rely on the chipset manufacturers to push updates to them so hang in there, it will improve as time goes on.

how is the gaming side, does it perform ok?

Lan Is smooth but my 2 siblings have extreme ping spikes here and there with Wi-Fi. They play on 2.4ghz

What do u suggest 2.4ghz or 5ghz gaming? I fond that 2.4 has less ping spikes but Im not sure.

5 minutes ago, NahG said:

Lan Is smooth but my 2 siblings have extreme ping spikes here and there with Wi-Fi. They play on 2.4ghz

What do u suggest 2.4ghz or 5ghz gaming? I fond that 2.4 has less ping spikes but Im not sure.

2.4 offers longer reach but I see a slight increase in jitter on my router, 5Ghz offers more bandwidth but shorter coverage. 2.4Ghz tends to have more interference than 5Ghz.
Do they play COD or are they suffering with another game or all games?

I prefer 5Ghz to be honest but that’s not to say 2.4Ghz is not good enough, R1 owners have been happy with just the 2.4Ghz.