Please explain this.

Sgt-Greco

Maybe this is a stupid post but I can't stop thinking about it. Bear with me.

I mostly quickscope in COLD WAR and Ι think I'm doing pretty well . Definitely not on a par with all the amazing Quickscopers out there, but I believe "descent" is a word that can describe my QS skills .

I have a good perception of where my bullet landed on the enemy (head , upper or lower torso).

It's a fact that opponents rage (mostly) with snipers, and I SWEAR TO GOD: I CAN HEAR THEM RAGE MILLISECONDS BEFORE I SEE MY BULLET HIT THEM.

I've been trying all day today to decode and understand, why this happens and if this is a good or a bad sign (connection-wise). 

Any idea would be much appreciated. (Netduma crew input would be also very welcome)

Stay safe and have fun.

• Administrators

If you can perceive milliseconds difference then the military need to do some experiments on you haha.

So networkingwise you'll be the last person to know whether your action completed I would imagine - where your bullet hits would reach the server and then the enemy - them dying is fed back to the server and then back to you. At least in theory.

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Please believe me Fraser.

I can hear them hit their controller on the desk before I see the shot registered as a kill

The shortest perceivable time division  'sensory psychologists call it the fusion threshold' is between 2 and 30 milliseconds, so I think Fraser is right and you're just receiving lag compensation.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:06 AM, Sgt-Greco said:

Maybe this is a stupid post but I can't stop thinking about it. Bear with me.

I mostly quickscope in COLD WAR and Ι think I'm doing pretty well . Definitely not on a par with all the amazing Quickscopers out there, but I believe "descent" is a word that can describe my QS skills .

I have a good perception of where my bullet landed on the enemy (head , upper or lower torso).

It's a fact that opponents rage (mostly) with snipers, and I SWEAR TO GOD: I CAN HEAR THEM RAGE MILLISECONDS BEFORE I SEE MY BULLET HIT THEM.

I've been trying all day today to decode and understand, why this happens and if this is a good or a bad sign (connection-wise). 

Any idea would be much appreciated. (Netduma crew input would be also very welcome)

Stay safe and have fun.

It's interesting you experienced this. I only experienced this once and it was where I was getting kills faster than it felt the usual ttk was! I swear I was killing enemies like it was hardcore but it was actually core. That was like 3 years ago, one random night at 1am after setting up my r1 for the first time ever. Never experienced it again but I can definitely related to the oddity of hearing enemies complain from having died...like past tense died.... but the kill wasn't in the kill-feed yet on my end! I never told anyone because I didn't think anyone would believe me but boy did I get excited reading your post knowing that another human out there experience the same thing!! Thank you for posting!!

Edit: ordered the r2 today, patiently awaiting!

Edited by netdumauser
afterthought

22 hours ago, netdumauser said:

It's interesting you experienced this. I only experienced this once and it was where I was getting kills faster than it felt the usual ttk was! I swear I was killing enemies like it was hardcore but it was actually core. That was like 3 years ago, one random night at 1am after setting up my r1 for the first time ever. Never experienced it again but I can definitely related to the oddity of hearing enemies complain from having died...like past tense died.... but the kill wasn't in the kill-feed yet on my end! I never told anyone because I didn't think anyone would believe me but boy did I get excited reading your post knowing that another human out there experience the same thing!! Thank you for posting!!

Edit: ordered the r2 today, patiently awaiting!

I know what you mean. 

I also knew, even before hitting the "submit post" button, that ppl would mock and laugh at me. But that's OK. I was so stupid I didn't record the game (hardpoind on CROSSROADS, I will never forget). 

Anyway, best of luck with your brand new R2. 

Slightly different experience for me. This happened a lot on MW, I would get into a shootout with someone and as soon as they died on my screen the player would leave the game instantly. It felt like they would leave within milliseconds of my last bullet registering, there's no way they could quit that fast.

In CW there has been times where I can hear their voice slightly before they die on my screen too. The game isn't updating what's happening fast enough I think.

Also I tend to hear enemy bullets while I'm getting shot at before the damage is actually dealt to me. This happens on MW and CW. Watching the killcam their bullets were hitting me from when they started shooting but from my perspective I probably thought I can duck into cover but really I was dead on their screen. I think it's related to lag compensation, I play on a low ping and when these things happen the opponents are most likely on high ping

18 hours ago, II N3MES1S II said:

The audio is able to be sent faster versus the image data.

I have also had this happen and it is funny as hell.

How, can you explain as video conversations would be very hard. What speed do you think audio travels when using cabling vs Video?

4 hours ago, Newfie said:

How, can you explain as video conversations would be very hard. What speed do you think audio travels when using cabling vs Video?

Two different files and the audio is way less data to transfer than video images so it is faster.

In life it is sight before sound but in video gaming it would be sound before sight depending on the situation connections.

7 minutes ago, II N3MES1S II said:

Two different files and the audio is way less data to transfer than video images so it is faster.

In life it is sight before sound but in video gaming it would be sound before sight depending on the situation connections.

Packets is all I’m saying and how they work and the good old laws of physics and the hint in is laws of physics.