HIgh Pings Cold War

Throne

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, mildredlopez said:

Has anyone else had this issue?

For the past 2 weeks, I am having major ping spikes when gaming. For instance, I start a match for COD Warzone with a ping/latency of 44ms. Then after about 3/4mins of playing it spikes to 200ms.
For that 2 mins, I'm basically just running past the same bench 30 times without actually passing it.
Then it drops back to 44 again for a few minutes.
Sometimes it never drops again and im kicked with the message 'lost connection to server'.

It is not just Warzone either. My cousin gets the same issue on Fortnite and Apex has the same deal. This is true whether on the PC or the Xbox and remains true whether both are used at the same time or whether only 1 person is at home.

This has only been happening for the last 2 weeks though,
never had any issues before then.

Have logged a ticket and even received confirmation of the ticket,
will see when/if I actually get a response on it.

Could you please confirm which router you're using and on what firmware version?

Are ALL devices on the network connected to the DumaOS router, or do some still connect to the ISP router?

Do you currently have QoS configured, if so can you share how you've currently got it setup?

Are you using Geo-filter or Hybrid VPN at all for gaming, if so can you share how?

On 12/17/2020 at 6:58 AM, oRaGaMi said:

Lowping is disadvantageous. You want lag compensation on your side. 

No packetloss and 100ms connection will enable lag comp for you over the vast majority of players you encounter. 

I'd say the avg is 60 to 76 ms, thus why anything lower puts you at a disadvantage. Remember no packet loss though 

@Netduma Adminwill there be a group filter option for ping assist range in the future updates? Like ping assist 60-90ms 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

@Netduma Adminwill there be a group filter option for ping assist range in the future updates? Like ping assist 60-90ms 

It has been requested before so it's possible, however the way PA works is that it will allow a server where the first ping is under the limit even if that then goes on to be higher than the threshold so it may need to be reworked completely to allow for a range

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
55 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

@Netduma Admin can other players or friends make sure lag? I usually invite friends to my game. Just curious if this impact my experience for call of duty and including warzone type of games? 

I wouldn't have thought so no, given it is a dedicated server game really your connection to the server matters most

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

What happens if your peer to peer servers? 

If it's genuinely P2P and not a misclassified server then it depends, if one player is the host then the above would still apply, if everyone is connected to each other then yes their connection would have an impact on you. 

On 6/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's genuinely P2P and not a misclassified server then it depends, if one player is the host then the above would still apply, if everyone is connected to each other then yes their connection would have an impact on you. 

Majority of the servers I get connected to is Seattle and is p2p. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

Geo filter when I hit the host. Majority of the time it’s peer to peer. 

It can say peer but it can be misclassified and actually be a server. If you provide one of the IDs shown as a peer I can double check.

• Administrators

That one is definitely a server so just misclassified there. I suspect they have less servers available now as it's an older game, they usually take some offline, if you expand your radius are you able to find games easier?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That one is definitely a server so just misclassified there. I suspect they have less servers available now as it's an older game, they usually take some offline, if you expand your radius are you able to find games easier?

This game id was for warzone though.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there another server near Vancouver bc Canada that’s low ping? 

• Administrators

Ah well that makes sense, for some reason it appears they've removed servers from the West Coast and now try to force everyone onto the East Coast for the BR game mode, I don't know why they would have done that. As far as I am aware there aren't any servers in Canada but I'm not 100% on that, have a look at Ping Heatmap, even if it doesn't appear in Canada but has a very low ping then there will be.