New patent exposes Activisions control changing real time attributes of a player based on skill/KD (REAL TIME!!)

Sal

It seems everyday we get more bad news about call of duty. Just yesterday we were talking about the skill based match making controversy today we’ve already moved onto something much much worse. Just when you think Activision can’t get any worse than they already are they prove themselves to be worse and at this point in time worse than EA (never thought I’d say that, ever....) but here we are! So for those of you who don’t know yet a patent was found yesterday by a youtuber called wyysosirious. The patent talks about AI in the background manipulating various aspects of the game. A players attributes for example, accuracy, hit box, aim assist, player health, damage dealt and even spawns can be altered depending on the players skill level or how they are performing in a given match. This explains why you dominate a game and half way through everything changes and you feel as if bullets don’t connect or aim assist feels off but obviously we’ve always chalked it up to connection because nobody expected this shady shit going on in the background. 

This is so wrong on so many levels in terms of fair play but also negatively impacts real life as at times when the game is actively fixing situation against you it’s only natural you have arguments with family who you think is causing the sudden change in how the game plays. I’ve had countless arguments with siblings or my Internet provider claiming internet isn’t correct when it’s actually Activision screwing people over with their bs.

I cannot wait for battlefield 6 after 11 years I think I’m actually done with Activision and their bullshit. 

Games are designed for every one to play and have fun. Gone of the days of dominating or non stop dying as you are not good at gaming. Companies know people want to have fun and so that’s how they make them nowadays. 

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

Games are designed for every one to play and have fun. Gone of the days of dominating or non stop dying as you are not good at gaming. Companies know people want to have fun and so that’s how they make them nowadays. 

I disagree, the current design is severely flawed as you’re not only alienating your fanbase who have supported the franchise for years but also new players who won’t have fun in the long run. Not dying remains fun for a limited time before those new players are the one who want to dominate but find they can’t because as you get better so does your opposition meaning you never feel progression. Not to mention the loopholes in the current system where session joining someone with lower skill level bypasses sbmm anyway. There is no problem with having a protected category for new comers but to assign a skill bracket for your entire player base and then mess around with their aim assist or hit boxes is disgusting. Destiny 2 being the prime example of above as interest in the game was so low that mp was non existent until they removed sbmm unfortunately in their case it was too little too late. 

so where do we draw the line? Fifa 2022 new players have 99 rating players and their goals are the size of the ball itself? Fighting games where new players have the ability to 1 hit ko their opponents? Racing games where experienced players must use a tricycle to race?

Money talks and big companies want money, they know new money is coming so the older fan base can take a hit. 
in my day on wire play there was not crap hit markers or perfect connection but the player base was limited back then but now games equals money and that’s how it’s going. Aim assist on consoles, crap hit markers, you name it they do and and sadly thousands play these games and for hard core it’s not like it was. It’s the way things are moving.

The truth is if you walked away there are a dozen to replace you. 
Here’s the thing, most players just have a plain old router like I do and just hop in and play but you have an R1 so can pick the best server so you get an advantage which is the idea behind these routers. People may look at that as unfair so like all things it’s not all as simple as it seems. Yes the mechanics behind a lot of games is simplified but that’s how it’s going and you either lump it or move on to more skill based games and platforms. 
Im not saying it’s right or wrong what game developer do, I’m just pointing out with an ever growing number of gamers they want a huge slice of the pie and have always been great at manipulating the style of game play to cater for the masses. 

I rather like the look of Hell Let Loose, reminds me of the old Battlefield games of old but with depth. If you are rotten you are going to have a tough time.

21 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Money talks and big companies want money, they know new money is coming so the older fan base can take a hit. 
in my day on wire play there was not crap hit markers or perfect connection but the player base was limited back then but now games equals money and that’s how it’s going. Aim assist on consoles, crap hit markers, you name it they do and and sadly thousands play these games and for hard core it’s not like it was. It’s the way things are moving.

The truth is if you walked away there are a dozen to replace you. 
Here’s the thing, most players just have a plain old router like I do and just hop in and play but you have an R1 so can pick the best server so you get an advantage which is the idea behind these routers. People may look at that as unfair so like all things it’s not all as simple as it seems. Yes the mechanics behind a lot of games is simplified but that’s how it’s going and you either lump it or move on to more skill based games and platforms. 
Im not saying it’s right or wrong what game developer do, I’m just pointing out with an ever growing number of gamers they want a huge slice of the pie and have always been great at manipulating the style of game play to cater for the masses. 

I rather like the look of Hell Let Loose, reminds me of the old Battlefield games of old but with depth. If you are rotten you are going to have a tough time.

Again I disagree, this is no longer a case of a few players moaning. The pros as well as big youtubers are now speaking up this is not something Activision can shrug at. We heard it all before with regards to DLC maps what happened? The community won. We heard it with loot boxes and the community in the end still won. The fact is there is a lot of competition out there and Activision cant ignore to please the noobs who will probably move on after a few days. The noobs who decide to stay themselves aren’t going to be satisfied with sbmm or how these patents work. People like you who aren’t too bothered by it are unlikely to pump money into cod like the wider fanbase. Therefore in the end we will see a resolution and gamers will win in the end. Until then people will continue to abuse sbmm and the noobs will get beat on anyway. Why do you think gameplay channels are thriving and doing so well in the era of sbmm? 

Sadly I don’t really bother with Youtubers, you have to remember there’s a lot of casual players who don’t care, they just want quick games. 
All you can do is shout and complain if you want a change but this is where gaming has changed.
We never called anyone noobs, there was no toxic crap when we played Q2, everyone would have fun and laughs and there were LAN parties to visit and even events where all the players would met up for a chat and a laugh. 
the old days are gone and now it’s all unfair this, not fair that, I watch a few videos here and there and sorry but wow people really get obsessed. 
Many of my old clan don’t game now, I don’t bother much nowadays as it’s all pretty much the same. Our old clan members still chat away occasionally and we date back to the late 90s. 
I can understand you don’t like it and that’s fair enough and I hope you can make a difference by raising your voice.

I don’t pump money into COD as I simply don’t like the way gaming has changed people for the worse, it’s not just COD but many of the multiplayer games create a lot of hatred towards others and I strongly believe it’s not good for people’s health or wellbeing in the long run.

For this is correct then WOW !! It’s wrong on every level protecting newbies WTH . Just get better at it like anything else in life . It’s like school sport days now , you get a medal for coming last . How does that prepare kids for life ... shocking , you need to learn the taste of defeat to be humble when you win ! in all aspects of everyday life school / work / family . What has the world come to 

If you are better you better, dont want/need no f#**%g game to alter with my skill/aiming because i am in a lobby with new people they get better by time as i did in the old days it took me a few months of getting owned. 

Thats why it's called skill u have to develop it by trial and error.

Activision doing stupid shit by altering with the game i was playing yesterday a few games of Warzone with the CR-56 Amax the last 2 wins where in a row 21 kills and the game after 17 kills and a win.

The games after that tried the CR-56 Amax again but it didn't feel like the same gun anymore like the previous games, it was shooting like a totally different gun much more recoil, lots of hitmarkers after blue armor strange stuff.

5 hours ago, Newfie said:

I simply don’t like the way gaming has changed people for the worse, it’s not just COD but many of the multiplayer games create a lot of hatred towards others and I strongly believe it’s not good for people’s health or wellbeing in the long run.

Its not just gaming. Look at social media. We are doomed to self destruct.

I really wish I could move to Mars. I'm sure the peoples there are much nicer than the ones here.

14 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Its not just gaming. Look at social media. We are doomed to self destruct.

I really wish I could move to Mars. I'm sure the peoples there are much nicer than the ones here.

For some reason this crossed my mind!

136FBF6A-0B5D-4CC6-999C-7E80EFA51FB4.jpeg

You need to read the patent in its entirety.   People are taking the patent out of context.   The patent is centered around Player vs Environment (PvE) games not Player vs Player (PvP).   PvE games are centered around playing against the computer (i.e. campaign mode style).   PvP are the typical multiplayer games. 

4 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

You need to read the patent in its entirety.   People are taking the patent out of context.   The patent is centered around Player vs Environment (PvE) games not Player vs Player (PvP).   PvE games are centered around playing against the computer (i.e. campaign mode style).   PvP are the typical multiplayer games. 

So SB b****ks for PVE!? Thats even worse LOL! What a joke.

21 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Yes they are as its an old patent for a start, PVE doesn't need a patent as EVERY DAM GAME already has PVE as its gore.

Why the hell you need a patent for that, im better there are follow up patents that tap into this ideology that Timmy no thumbs deserves a chance at every ones else's expense.

3 hours ago, faulko said:

Yes they are as its an old patent for a start, PVE doesn't need a patent as EVERY DAM GAME already has PVE as its gore.

Why the hell you need a patent for that, im better there are follow up patents that tap into this ideology that Timmy no thumbs deserves a chance at every ones else's expense.

Patents are to prevent other companies from using your idea and stifle competition.  It is a legal way to sue companies that using a similar approach.