Xr1000 devices keep disconnecting

What channels having this issue, ie 2.4 or 5Ghz?

under WiFi setting check 5Ghz that the mode is set to HT80 which is 2165.

if this is set correctly perform a factory reset and set up as new and test again. Do not use a saved profile when setting up again.

53 minutes ago, Newfie said:

What channels having this issue, ie 2.4 or 5Ghz?

under WiFi setting check 5Ghz that the mode is set to HT80 which is 2165.

if this is set correctly perform a factory reset and set up as new and test again. Do not use a saved profile when setting up again.

1385148634_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.89c70ad6e2e823a101d074558bf90310.png

am mostly having issues on my 2.4Ghz wifi it just randomly disconnects 

On 12/11/2020 at 7:46 AM, Newfie said:

Have you performed a reset yet?

that’s a good starting point. 

i have reset it but all try again 

On 12/11/2020 at 2:31 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Good advice above!

I would also suggest enabling MU-MIMO and monitoring the results before factory resetting. 

going to enable mu-mimo all see how it goes 

@Netduma Fraser my wifi still cutting out on my xr1000 

Is it all devices connected to 2.4 that are dropping?

what devices are connected ?

is the 5Ghz channels dropping as well?

when devices drop from WiFi do wired devices still work ok or do they lose the internet?

4 hours ago, Newfie said:

Is it all devices connected to 2.4 that are dropping?

what devices are connected ?

is the 5Ghz channels dropping as well?

when devices drop from WiFi do wired devices still work ok or do they lose the internet?

Yeah now both 2.4 and 5g are messing up it normally happens when streaming Netflix ect.. 

Yeah wired devices work perfect all the time it just wifi that's messing up 

I had a similar issue yesterday when we returned home from my sons hockey game. All wifi was down, lights were lit as if nothing was wrong but no connection on either 2.4 or 5ghz. I unplugged and replied and everything came back. Just kind of annoying if I have to do that every week. I don’t think I restarted my AirPort Extreme twice in the 5-7 years I owned it.

If it’s WiFi drivers it will be NG that require to update their side. As it’s based on the RAX50 which has WPA3 and I believe the XR1000 does not yet if someone could confirm that, it means the firmware behind Duma is not the same as the RAX50 which seems fairly stable reading people views on SNB.

• 1 month later...

same issue with my xr1000.. wifi seems to slow down to a stop randomly.. its connected but without internet (as it shows on my phone) .. fixes when i turn the router off and on.. just an annoyance to deal with when it happens.. happens about once every 2-3 days now..

image.png.781efd96c8df5d9220a13c1964e5d6de.png

7 hours ago, JPhizzo said:

same issue with my xr1000.. wifi seems to slow down to a stop randomly.. its connected but without internet (as it shows on my phone) .. fixes when i turn the router off and on.. just an annoyance to deal with when it happens.. happens about once every 2-3 days now..

Sorry to hear that! If you disable SmartConnect and join the 5GHz channel, do you see any improvement?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
47 minutes ago, Mi6300m said:

I'm jumping into this very late, but I'm experiencing these same issues. And it's getting very tiresome. 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, have you tried the suggestions mentioned so far?

These settings for me are the most stable...but still have devices like my eufyVac, Google Nest Hub, and sometimes my Note10+5G drop:

Where I have the major issues is when smart connect is on (which i'd like to actually use) the eufyvac and nest hub doesn't even connect at all. and 2 of my Roku Stick+ devices drop wifi constantly.

image.png.06c928b4b1f51e6cf8fbf0d480a248df.png

image.png.265d009cb00f426ca6ca9049d23c19a4.png

Just now, headstruck said:

I feel like Smart Connect is causing devices to drop. After disabling it, none of our devices have dropped so far, but it's too early to tell yet.

Yeah and it sucks having that feature advertised and we can't use it. This has been out since October. Whatever beta testing I can do to help with this sign me up. I like this router, but the OS is becoming troublesome.