BOPS Cold War peer servers!

Bat 'n' Ball

Anybody else noticed just how many peer servers there are in this game? Pay £65 for a game (not to mention £50 for a PS+ subscription) and whaddya get? Yup, peer servers 😐

Hopefully this will improve.

Moan completed!

2 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

Anybody else noticed just how many peer servers there are in this game? Pay £65 for a game (not to mention £50 for a PS+ subscription) and whaddya get? Yup, peer servers 😐

Hopefully this will improve.

Moan completed!

I saw a topic where Fraser explained that the geofilter was not yet up to date for cold war!

Probably for next week!!

image.thumb.png.7e790ed5f8e9f356f7f39d3460aff729.png

22 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I saw a topic where Fraser explained that the geofilter was not yet up to date for cold war!

There are a few instances when dedicated servers are being reported as a peer servers. I'm collecting these in notepad and will submit via the form later.

But peer servers are being reported as peer servers with a peer icon, so I assume these are peer servers.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, N3CR0 said:

You expect any better from Acti?

I share your cynicism.

I play on more dedicated servers with WWII than I do on Cold War and that game is three years old! You’d think if anything Cold War would have the priority with dedicated servers. Difficult to put a figure on it but I’d guess I play on peer servers with CW 60%-70%’ish of the time. It definately seems to be more often than not.

I’m not convinced this is a DumaOS cloud issue either, because the Host Type is Peer, the icon is a Player icon but most importantly the Domain's show ISP domain names, not choopa.net or vultr.com etc., like you would expect if the server type was being wrongly identified.

I did wonder if it was because I had the default Crossplay enabled but I’ve now been playing for days with this setting disabled and it’s still the same.

Hopefully Activision… Treyarch... whoever, will eventually fix this 🙂

On 11/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still testing the game and will put out a cloud next week. As always when you boot up the game for the first time then all the servers will appear - if any of those are shown as peers they're in fact servers.

Sorry, you posted this on the 15th. When do you actually expect an update? 

8 hours ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

I share your cynicism.

I play on more dedicated servers with WWII than I do on Cold War and that game is three years old! You’d think if anything Cold War would have the priority with dedicated servers. Difficult to put a figure on it but I’d guess I play on peer servers with CW 60%-70%’ish of the time. It definately seems to be more often than not.

I’m not convinced this is a DumaOS cloud issue either, because the Host Type is Peer, the icon is a Player icon but most importantly the Domain's show ISP domain names, not choopa.net or vultr.com etc., like you would expect if the server type was being wrongly identified.

I did wonder if it was because I had the default Crossplay enabled but I’ve now been playing for days with this setting disabled and it’s still the same.

Hopefully Activision… Treyarch... whoever, will eventually fix this 🙂

This is covered in this thread mate. The cloud needs updating because of Dedi's being shown as Peers ;)

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

Sorry, you posted this on the 15th. When do you actually expect an update? 

This is covered in this thread mate. The cloud needs updating because of Dedi's being shown as Peers ;)

If the Domain names are showing ISPs then he's correct in that they will be peers. I expect it will be mostly servers misclassified though with a handful of peer hosts. Should be next week but will double check.

24 minutes ago, Satan1976 said:

I know. I was just continuing the discussion 🙂

As I mentioned, 'I’m not convinced this is a DumaOS cloud issue either, because the Host Type is Peer, the icon is a Player icon but most importantly the Domain's show ISP domain names, not choopa.net or vultr.com etc., like you would expect if the server type was being wrongly identified'.

Wrongly classified servers do not have ISP domain names in the Domain Name field.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

Is this still the same ? I checked yesterday and both games I played of coldwar said I was on peer servers. I only see this on coldwar, modern warfare always shows me to be on dedicated servers.

Do you by any chance have the IDs for these servers?