moderate nat type on ps4?

Moray

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you referring to the NAT Type in the console network settings or the NAT reading on a game?

getting nat type 2 if i do a network test on the console, showing as moderate in game, only on the R2.

if i dmz the console in my ISP modem without going through the R2 ill get a open nat, if i plug in the R1 and DMZ the R1 ill get a open nat.

my setup is Modem -> R2 -> PS4/PC

Im getting nat issues with friends who i know are also on a moderate nat, and nothing on the PC is giving a open nat anymore either 

For your PC, your R2 is a new network you need to configure firewall of the PC. To quickly show you this, just disable firewall on the PC, and fire up your game.

For console, you may need to disbale QOS then Fire up the game then enable QOS. Let us know how you get on. @Moray @Netduma Fraser

4 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

For your PC, your R2 is a new network you need to configure firewall of the PC. To quickly show you this, just disable firewall on the PC, and fire up your game.

For console, you may need to disbale QOS then Fire up the game then enable QOS. Let us know how you get on. @Moray @Netduma Fraser

Disabling my firewall on PC did not change my nat type on call of duty MW2019 PS4

Disabling QOS did not change my nat type on Call of duty MW2019 PS4, In Fact disabling QOS literally cut the internet to my playstation 4 and i couldn't connect at all(Obtain IP Address Failed), when i turned it back on my nat changed back to open

I changed literally nothing and it went open on my PS4 just now after turning back on QOS after it failed to obtain IP, still moderate on PC though

Can i DM you something about another part of the router that id rather not post in an open forum?(its to do with some stuff under network settings)

ill let you know if the nat type changes again on my PS4, id still like to be able to open it on PC though

2 hours ago, Moray said:

Disabling my firewall on PC did not change my nat type on call of duty MW2019 PS4

Disabling QOS did not change my nat type on Call of duty MW2019 PS4, In Fact disabling QOS literally cut the internet to my playstation 4 and i couldn't connect at all(Obtain IP Address Failed), when i turned it back on my nat changed back to open

I changed literally nothing and it went open on my PS4 just now after turning back on QOS after it failed to obtain IP, still moderate on PC though

Can i DM you something about another part of the router that id rather not post in an open forum?(its to do with some stuff under network settings)

ill let you know if the nat type changes again on my PS4, id still like to be able to open it on PC though

Any personal information that’s to do with security should be kept to yourself unless a member of Netdumas staff asks permission and that will be kept off the public domain. 

11 hours ago, Moray said:

Interesting isnt it! I found other inconsistant things with qos. You can get both PC and PS4 on open nat it can at times take some fiddling. I managed to do it. If you would like to DM you can. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, SachsenPowl said:

If you got the answer to solve this, you can write it here. Cuz i have also open nat on psn, but moderate nat on ps4 (r2 is exposed-host/dmz from isp)

What do you mean open NAT on PSN? How do you now it is moderate, are you talking about type 2?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, SachsenPowl said:

Yep, in PSN NAT Typ 2 - but in CoD MW it shows NAT moderate...

UPnP is enabled... I think i can achieve OpenNAT in CoD if i manually add every rule for port forwarding, but first i tryed the easy way :)

It's most likely a misreading. If you disable the Geo-Filter before launching the game it may say open, if it does then definitely a misreading, otherwise yes port forwarding should sort that or putting into R2 DMZ.

I opend every single Port Manually in my AiO Router+Modem and now my NAT is Open... Sadly my R2 is already as Exposed-Host/DMZ in my AiO -.-

Such a crap-company, but now i can enjoy my new Netduma Tech-Toy ^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 3:45 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely the IP for the console or the R2 changed, reserve the IPs and then re-enter them and then you should be fine going forward.

they are reserved already

• Administrators

Right I'm just going to give you all the options you need to do for an open NAT so you can check if they're correct:

ISP Modem/router

• Set a static/reserved IP for the R2
  • Use Bridge, Modem, IP Passthrough or the DMZ feature for the R2 using the reserved IP or router MAC address
    - If those options aren't available or don't work port forward 1-65535 SRC/DST TCP/UDP to R2
  • Disable UPnP/Port forwarding
  • Disable Firewall

R2

• Set a static/reserved IP for the console in DHCP
  • Use UPnP, Port forwarding or DMZ for the console
  • Disable Geo-Filter entirely