moderate nat type on ps4?

Moray

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right I'm just going to give you all the options you need to do for an open NAT so you can check if they're correct:

ISP Modem/router

• Set a static/reserved IP for the R2
  • Use Bridge, Modem, IP Passthrough or the DMZ feature for the R2 using the reserved IP or router MAC address
    - If those options aren't available or don't work port forward 1-65535 SRC/DST TCP/UDP to R2
  • Disable UPnP/Port forwarding
  • Disable Firewall

R2

• Set a static/reserved IP for the console in DHCP
  • Use UPnP, Port forwarding or DMZ for the console
  • Disable Geo-Filter entirely

ISP

1. already done
2. already done
3. already done
4. already done

R2
1. already done
2. already done
3. never even used it

if i use my R1 i get open nat on my consoles, but still moderate on pc, on the R2 is moderate across the board 

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well it's open on the console so that is fine. Put the console in the R1 DMZ and see if it switches to open on the game.

its only open if i use my R1 instead of my R2... I dont want to use the R1 anymore which is why i got the R2 lol

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Moray said:

its only open if i use my R1 instead of my R2... I dont want to use the R1 anymore which is why i got the R2 lol

So if you unplug the R2 right now and plug the R1 into the modem/router without changing any settings at all do you get an Open NAT?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So if you unplug the R2 right now and plug the R1 into the modem/router without changing any settings at all do you get an Open NAT?

yes

• Administrators

Okay then you can't have setup correctly for the R2 on the modem/router otherwise the DMZ would be going to the R2 causing a double NAT or at the very least a moderate/closed NAT on the R1 so something somewhere can't be right. What is your modem model?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay then you can't have setup correctly for the R2 on the modem/router otherwise the DMZ would be going to the R2 causing a double NAT or at the very least a moderate/closed NAT on the R1 so something somewhere can't be right. What is your modem model?

netcomm NF4V

• Administrators

That's great thank you. Do you have an ONT that the NF4V connects to? If so could you connect the R2 direct to the ONT instead? If not please follow this guide for setting up bridge mode on the NF4V https://support.netcommwireless.com/sites/default/files/BCS-NF4V.pdf.pdf