xbox live chat

john22rob

@pedrofr

What version of FW did you update too? 

I've got the most recent version, v207 and xbox chat does NOT work. I haven't seen any updates since this was commented on back in may. 

• Administrators
On 8/2/2021 at 1:48 PM, e38BimmerFN said:

@pedrofr

What version of FW did you update too? 

I've got the most recent version, v207 and xbox chat does NOT work. I haven't seen any updates since this was commented on back in may. 

It would have been the only latest available so the one you're using - may be worth a reset just in case to see if it now works - we haven't done anything specifically though

The reset was applied after v207 was applied and setup from scratch. One thing that's standard when I update FW on Duma routers. 😉

I'll try again and see what happens as I have put a different cable modem online. CM1200 to CAX80 in modem only mode. 

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would have been the only latest available so the one you're using - may be worth a reset just in case to see if it now works - we haven't done anything specifically though

Ok, just checked xbox chat with my R1 v207 after a reset and setup from scratch, connected to a CAX80. Xbox wired to the R1. I can see the voice signal appear on screen when I talk, however none of my friends can hear me in the chat group. 

I switched back to a different router, NG SXR30 and xbox chat works fully. 

6 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Ok, just checked xbox chat with my R1 v207 after a reset and setup from scratch, connected to a CAX80. Xbox wired to the R1. I can see the voice signal appear on screen when I talk, however none of my friends can hear me in the chat group. 

I switched back to a different router, NG SXR30 and xbox chat works fully. 

We're still planning on releasing a fix to this in the next firmware, apologies that it's still not working for you!

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Just wondering two years later if this was fixed in v.207 FW?

I'm not sure, wasn't specifically mentioned in the change log but may have been

Ok, so I connected my R1 with v.207 loaded to a NG CM series cable modem and then connected my Xbox One X  (Not Series X) via 2.4Ghz and logged in. Just had a long private xbox chat party conversation about NG routers wtih a friend of mine over the wireless thru the R1. Could hear and talk just fine. Last time I checked was with a different NG modem and the R1 and Xbox One at the time was all ethernet connected. Not sure if the CAX80 would have been a cause of my last reporting of the R1 and MS Xbox chat not working or something else. The CAX80 would have been in modem only mode. I'll check with some gaming and in game chat to see if that works.  I'll have to come back to this after a while. I believe the CAX80 will be back in play then so I'll check again on this.

Would be good if other R1 users can test this out as well if they still have one. 

• Administrators
On 1/3/2024 at 12:41 AM, e38BimmerFN said:

Ok, so I connected my R1 with v.207 loaded to a NG CM series cable modem and then connected my Xbox One X  (Not Series X) via 2.4Ghz and logged in. Just had a long private xbox chat party conversation about NG routers wtih a friend of mine over the wireless thru the R1. Could hear and talk just fine. Last time I checked was with a different NG modem and the R1 and Xbox One at the time was all ethernet connected. Not sure if the CAX80 would have been a cause of my last reporting of the R1 and MS Xbox chat not working or something else. The CAX80 would have been in modem only mode. I'll check with some gaming and in game chat to see if that works.  I'll have to come back to this after a while. I believe the CAX80 will be back in play then so I'll check again on this.

Would be good if other R1 users can test this out as well if they still have one. 

That's good to hear, thanks for checking!